Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sterling Moore Signed from Practice Squad By Cowboys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Sterling Moore Signed from Practice Squad By Cowboys Reply with quote

Cowboys sign second year corner out of SMU from Patriots practice squad

Quote:
The Dallas Cowboys bolstered their defensive backfield Friday by signing cornerback Sterling Moore off the New England Patriots' practice squad, according to agent Jordan Woy, who tweeted the news.

Quote:
Happy to welcome @SterlingMoore to the Dallas Cowboys. Ex SMU star come back to Big D.

Quote:
Moore originally signed with the Oakland Raiders as an undrafted free agent in July 2011. He played for the Patriots that season and had two interceptions, including one for a touchdown, in six games.

I like the signing personally. Mostly cause he is young and has shown a little potential.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE THIS GUY!

Dad's been a Pats fan for 30 years, so i always had to kind of like them. In the AFC championship last season, he forced an incompletion on a sure fire touchdown in the end zone that eventually lead the botched kick.

I know this is a small practice squad signing, but he's got awesome potential.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#nextmanup

Maybe we'll get lucky and he turns into a solid #4 corner for us

^^^mack
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShineOnStar wrote:
I LOVE THIS GUY!

Dad's been a Pats fan for 30 years, so i always had to kind of like them. In the AFC championship last season, he forced an incompletion on a sure fire touchdown in the end zone that eventually lead the botched kick.

Here's the deal with Moore. Smart, good anticipation, playmaking instincts, short memory...

but stiff hips and slow as molasses. Give him the physical abilities of a guy like Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and he's a 10 year starter. But as he is he can never be more than a nickel/dime back because of his limitations. I mean, the Pats have a terrible group of corners overall and he's sitting on the practice squad.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:
I LOVE THIS GUY!

Here's the deal with Moore. Smart, good anticipation, playmaking instincts, short memory...

but stiff hips and slow as molasses. Give him the physical abilities of a guy like Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and he's a 10 year starter. But as he is he can never be more than a nickel/dime back because of his limitations. I mean, the Pats have a terrible group of corners overall and he's sitting on the practice squad.

Meh... Im just a little excited. He was practically my pet cat type of player
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:
I LOVE THIS GUY!

I live in New England, and I'd say that is a fair assessment. Luckily for us we have 2-3 stud outside corners when healthy and could use help in the slot. Thought the Pats use of sitting/using players is not a good guage imo. I mean Dennard was in the same postion at the start fo the eyar and now he is lined up as a starter. Welker was getting scurb time for Edlemen to start the year. BB loves to make roster moves like that.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Grachuus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two crazy plays on deep passes that he gives up the seeming completion only to rip it out, one for a fumble (thanks Thomas!) and one to rip out the heart of the whole of Baltimore.

Not that impressive keeping up with guys but certainly has a head on his shoulders if he is somehow in position.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen him play, and like the depth he provides to us. I think we'll see him at safety wth Peprah missing time.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: