Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sam Baker
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Sam Baker Reply with quote

Hey guys, Packer fan here. Trying to get the scope on other teams. I'd be lying if I told you I knew much about the Falcons, especially their linemen. But I do remember Baker being a pretty solid LT for a few years, and I knew he was battling injuries. I am reading now that his health will likely mean the Falcons will not go after him and he may have a tough time finding a job.

Is this true or an overreaction?

BTW, congrats to you guys on a great season so far. It should be fun for you all come January.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's decent when he's 100%, but I think that's only for the few weeks at the beginning if the season before his back starts acting up. At least I hope that's the case. He might be a decent upgrade for some teams as he is a top 20-25 LT (lol) but its have to be for cheap. Hopefully it's not us...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you guys feel about our LT situation in general? Have we seen anything out of Lamar Holmes? And is there any chance we bring back Svitek or Baker?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willthethrill_H wrote:
How do you guys feel about our LT situation in general? Have we seen anything out of Lamar Holmes? And is there any chance we bring back Svitek or Baker?

Im ok with Baker right now he has done a pretty good job this year since he has been healthy. He isn't a weak link anymore truthfully.

The weak link is the guy who i love the most on the Falcons Todd McClure as much as it hurts me to say that. Poor Mud Duck has run his course.
adam9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our weak links IMHO our out tackles. Both have blown pretty hard.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something in me that no matter what, I will never have faith in Sam Baker. This is probably the best year he has had as a pro since we traded back into the 1st round to get him in the 2008/Matt Ryan draft... but unless he somehow starts becoming an All-Pro type of LT, I will just never have confidence in him. I personally still would like to look into picking up a solid LT for the future.. either in the draft or in FA. Personally, I have way more confidence in Will Svitek when he is our LT, sadly we lost Svitek for the entire year very very early in this season.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
There is something in me that no matter what, I will never have faith in Sam Baker. This is probably the best year he has had as a pro since we traded back into the 1st round to get him in the 2008/Matt Ryan draft... but unless he somehow starts becoming an All-Pro type of LT, I will just never have confidence in him. I personally still would like to look into picking up a solid LT for the future.. either in the draft or in FA. Personally, I have way more confidence in Will Svitek when he is our LT, sadly we lost Svitek for the entire year very very early in this season.

I'm holding out hope that Holmes becomes a very above average LT in this league. I know it might be a long-shot but, hey, a man can dream.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that I've been hearing out of Miami is that they are thinking about letting Jake Long leave after this year. How sick would it be to bring in Long and plug him in at LT?

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
bbllstr22

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Something that I've been hearing out of Miami is that they are thinking about letting Jake Long leave after this year. How sick would it be to bring in Long and plug him in at LT?

Why would those losers let Long leave (alliteration anyone?)? Too much money or giving up the most sacks so far in his career this season?
Either way, that would be awesome having him by Blalock.
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:

We'd have to find some cap somewhere. I already feel with the emergence of McClain that we would be fine letting Grimey go as Dunta and Assbte will work as starters and McClain as our #3.

Letting Grimes go. Letting Svitek and Baker go. Tony and TMc retiring. Would there be enough cap??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

We'd have to find some cap somewhere. I already feel with the emergence of McClain that we would be fine letting Grimey go as Dunta and Assbte will work as starters and McClain as our #3.

Letting Grimes go. Letting Svitek and Baker go. Tony and TMc retiring. Would there be enough cap??

As much as i like Mcclain's emergence. We dont have any ball hawks at cb if we let grimes go. Our CBs will become nobodys while our safeties are the only ones to shine

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

we have the cap easily. We could sign Long, re-sign Moore and even some other moves...

adam9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

we have the cap easily. We could sign Long, re-sign Moore and even some other moves...

I'm down.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Lamar. But seriously, I like the kid. He's got some potential and that is why Dimitroff and company picked him up in the third round. Who knows if he'll put it all together, but I'm hoping he earns an opportunity to start. Not a fan of throwing the big bucks at Long personally, but I wouldn't complain. I'd personally improve the interior offensive line first. Let's get some sort of running game.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Free Lamar. But seriously, I like the kid. He's got some potential and that is why Dimitroff and company picked him up in the third round. Who knows if he'll put it all together, but I'm hoping he earns an opportunity to start. Not a fan of throwing the big bucks at Long personally, but I wouldn't complain. I'd personally improve the interior offensive line first. Let's get some sort of running game.

getting Long could move Konz inside to C by letting Big Lamar play on the right. would also give us the biggest line in the NFL.
Long - 6'7" 320
Blalock - 6'4" 335
Konz - 6'5" 315
Clabo - 6'6" 335
Holmes - 6'6" 335

That's a huge line. averaging over 325 yards per player and all 6'4" or taller.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: