Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suggs suffers torn biceps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drd23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Suggs suffers torn biceps Reply with quote

Quote:
Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs confirmed Monday night that he has a torn right biceps, but emphasized he is seeking a second opinion on the extent of the injury.

When asked if he would be able to play Sunday against the Washington Redskins, Suggs told The Baltimore Sun, "We'll see, maybe. Maybe not."

Suggs' status for the next couple of games remains uncertain after he suffered the injury against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, but Ravens coach John Harbaugh said earlier Monday he is “encouraged” that the injury is not long-term.

Suggs will be further evaluated to determine the severity of the injury.

As if that game couldn't get any worse. Sad

At least it doesnt sound too bad. Hopefully he recovers quickly from it

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schefter is reporting he's getting a 2nd medical opinion to see if he can play through the injury or not. If he's out for the season, I just can't see us doing much the rest of the way. Maybe the injury just stings now because I just heard about it and I'll have a different opinion later today, but I just don't see how we can realistically compete with the heavyweights in the AFC. Just way too many injuries on the defensive side of the ball to our stars, nonetheless. I think we'll have a lot of trouble containing RG3 on Sunday if Suggs can't get out there. I don't even want to think about how much Peyton will shred apart our defense if we can't get a pass rush. We have an incredibly tough schedule the rest of the way, and this certainly won't help us....we're very fortunate to be in the position we're in, where hopefully we can still make the playoffs, and like has been mentioned in the GDT, we're a different team in the playoffs. Maybe our offense can really step their game up to the level we know they're capable of and carry this team.

GO RAVENS!!
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why haven't we even worked out Ray Edwards or another pass rusher?! Shouldn't it be OBVIOUS after Sunday night we can't rush the passer?!?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Edwards best asset isn't rushing the passer, it's defending the run. That's been a consistent message from both Minnesota and Atlanta fanbases.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Ray Edwards best asset isn't rushing the passer, it's defending the run. That's been a consistent message from both Minnesota and Atlanta fanbases.

Well we still need to work out pass rushers. Any pass rushers right now. I haven't looked at the FA market, but there has to be SOMEONE who can rush the freaking passer out there, because there's nobody on this roster who can do it consistently under Dean Pees' horrible scheme.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Schefter is reporting he's getting a 2nd medical opinion to see if he can play through the injury or not. If he's out for the season, I just can't see us doing much the rest of the way. Maybe the injury just stings now because I just heard about it and I'll have a different opinion later today, but I just don't see how we can realistically compete with the heavyweights in the AFC. Just way too many injuries on the defensive side of the ball to our stars, nonetheless. I think we'll have a lot of trouble containing RG3 on Sunday if Suggs can't get out there. I don't even want to think about how much Peyton will shred apart our defense if we can't get a pass rush. We have an incredibly tough schedule the rest of the way, and this certainly won't help us....we're very fortunate to be in the position we're in, where hopefully we can still make the playoffs, and like has been mentioned in the GDT, we're a different team in the playoffs. Maybe our offense can really step their game up to the level we know they're capable of and carry this team.

But we are still competing and you never throw in the towel. We still have a very good shot at the #2 spot in the AFC.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Well we still need to work out pass rushers. Any pass rushers right now. I haven't looked at the FA market, but there has to be SOMEONE who can rush the freaking passer out there, because there's nobody on this roster who can do it consistently under Dean Pees' horrible scheme.

I don't disagree with that, just the thought that Ray Edwards would do anything for the Ravens as a pass-rusher. It's hard to say who else is out there in free agency but I doubt there's anybody that would be much of an upgrade given how valuable those guys are.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

I don't disagree with that, just the thought that Ray Edwards would do anything for the Ravens as a pass-rusher. It's hard to say who else is out there in free agency but I doubt there's anybody that would be much of an upgrade given how valuable those guys are.

And tbh, I could care less if their was a guy out there. Any guy out there would be average to above at best- just a bit more experienced. I'd rather we stick with our young pass rushers and have them develop. Bringing in another veteran would simply see Kruger/Upshaw lose more snaps.

Truth be told though, I wouldn't mind bumping Sergio Kindle back up onto the roster if Suggs is forced to be out for an extended period of time. We're not getting a pass rush- he can't be any worse than what we've got, can he? Same with that other pass rushing guy on our PS.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamilton intrigues me. He's probably way too raw though and who knows if his production in college was merely the result of him being a better athlete in a small conference.

Last edited by coordinator0 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Hamilton intrigues me. He's probably way too raw though and who knows if his productions in college was merely the result of him being a better athlete in a small conference.

I think I recall reading that he did pretty good rushing the passer in (wait for it) the preseason. Grain of salt added. But really, if Suggs goes down for any extended period of time... we should look to our already young players to see if they could be solutions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: