Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens vs Steelers GDT - Sponsored in Part by Auntie Anne's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's the most salty item?
New England Waaaaah Chowder
95%
 95%  [ 19 ]
Pittsburgh Saltine Crackers
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
San Diego Sour Dough
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

KiddKillah

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
drd23 wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:
RG3 is going to eviscerate our D next week.

Ain't that the truth Crying or Very sad

Heeeeeeeell no.

This loss sucked terribly, but this team isn't one to just lay down and continue to suck. Highly doubt we aren't more prepared for the Skins next Sunday.

Our D is never prepared.

There is a big difference between criticizing this team for its problems and whining. You absolutely exhibit the latter.

So I'm whining because I'm telling the truth? If you think this defense has showed up at all this season, EXCUSE ME! I must not be watching the same thing you've been watching.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
B&G MVP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
Off subject sort of, but did anyone notice this?

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/12/02/mike-tomlin-and-john-harbaugh-had-a-tense-awkward-handshake-after-the-steelers-beat-the-ravens/

Pretty classless of Tomlin, imo.

It looks a lot worse than it was. Tomlin was on his way over to talk to Flacco, he wasn't dissing anyone in particular, he just wanted to talk to everyone.

Besides, if you want to call that classless, Steelers fans need not look farther than the Gatorade shower in November last year, or the fake field goal 2 point conversion when up by 3 or 4 TDs last year in week one to say the same thing about Harbaugh.

Props to mike23md on the awesome signature!
hemm68

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelSedition wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
I'm sure Harbaugh had that planned.

Yet he still soaked it all in -- literally and figuratively. Taking a gatorade shower in November on the opposing team's field doesn't make you many friends.

pretty sure this is at the bank. Either way I'd be a little sour if I was harbaugh.
kmvoss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bad loss... to Charlie Batch. That said, it's only one game. Wouldn't banish Flacco yet. We still have time to figure out and focus on deficiencies in the coming weeks. We probably lost the bye by losing tonight but there is still a lot to look forward to.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
A bad loss... to Charlie Batch. That said, it's only one game. Wouldn't banish Flacco yet. We still have time to figure out and focus on deficiencies in the coming weeks. We probably lost the bye by losing tonight but there is still a lot to look forward to.

Great post.

Everyone needs to chillax. This is a headstrong football team, and organization as a whole. When was the last time we even lost back-to-back games? 2009?

I'm still confident we'll get that bye, FWIW. Tough schedule ahead, sure, but no reason to give up hope. Next week will be a challenge, but it's one we should win. Denver is rolling, but certainly not unbeatable (particularly on the road). New York is another good team, but one I think we're every bit as good as.

Just take a deep breath. Losing to Batch is tough, sure, but not a dagger to the heart.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Denver game is going to be huge in regards to the 2nd seed. If the Ravens lose that one I can't see them catching the Broncos (especially with the head-to-head tiebreaker going the other way). Besides Baltimore their remaining schedule is Oakland, Cleveland, and Kansas City. They already lost to New England I think the Patriots lose one of their next two (vs. HOU and SF) and if Denver beats Baltimore then I think they finish 13-3 where New England finishes at 11-5 or 12-4. The Ravens don't really have an easy game left on the schedule either so it's going to be a rough final quarter of the season.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG!

The Steelers were a desperate team today and played that way. The Ravens I felt were going for a early double digit lead and knock out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:

I'd hope that they've already identified their deficiencies by now considering that they are pretty much the same ones the team has had for the last few years

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
How quickly you guys give up on Flacco.

There's no question we make a long term commitment to a top 10-12 QB in this league. Flacco may not have great pocket awareness, but he has a cannon that most QBs can only dream of... he's also VERY durable. Flacco is better than Vick, I don't even understand that suggestion. And hope to get lucky when we have a team that's ready to compete now?

Flacco had a bad game, he didn't get it done. But he's not the first quality QB to do that... and it's not like he threw 4 INTs in the process. I swear the Flacco hate is just pretty ridiculous and certainly illogical. Makes no sense... clearly Flacco has spoiled Ravens fans to the point where they no longer remember when we had even better defenses finishing with 8-8 and 10-6 and such because we weren't just "getting lucky" and finding draft gems at the QB position. Yet we finally have a franchise QB and suddenly he's not worth making a longterm commitment to. Crazy talk.

An NFL QB that has yet to throw for more than 23 TDs and is only on pace for 20 passing TDs this year.

He's the Ravens best option at this point and going forward (I think?), but I don't think that makes him a franchise QB

Who cares how many TDs Flacco is throwing? Dude has had a stable of talented backs since he's gotten here: Willis McGahee, Ray Rice, Ricky Williams, Bernard Pierce... and then look at his WRs... outside of Torrey and Pitta, we have no redzone threats... and it's arguable to consider Torrey a redzone threat, he just has the insane hops, but not necessarily the size and elite ball catching ability.

And before this current crop of receivers, we had Mason with a cast of nobodies sans Todd Heap who was always playing hurt... yet Flacco was supposed to top 23 TDs with that?

Like I said, our WR core is good enough to demolish horrid secondaries, but still lacks another high end starter that's at Torrey's level.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
Drops? He threw to Boldin when he's completely covered on curl routes (nor to mention his desicion making is tragic) And the ball to Doss was beyond pitiful! How is he suppose to make that catch if it's behind him while he's running full speed? It's more negativity towards Flacco than positivity. And that's not a good thing for a QB who is going to warrant top 10 money. I agree with STRaw, why can't he play like he did against New England last year in the playoffs here and there?

Laughing
Really? I mean, really??

So fans on this team are upset with Flacco when he DOESN'T throw to Boldin when he's covered because they say, "it's freaking Anquan Boldin doe, he carry his team on his back doe, he make plays with people on his back doe- Flacco sucks doe"

But when Flacco actually throws it to Boldin to allow him to "make a play" if a guy is on his back and he doesn't catch the pass, it's "Flacco's fault for a bad pass??" And Boldin was bobbling the ball all day, even on his catches- that has nothing to do with Flacco.

Basically what you guys is expect is the impossible. No quarterback makes perfect passes all the time. Flacco has all but one guy on this offense that can consistently get open when he's single covered 1on1- and that's Torrey Smith. Everyone else constantly struggles to get open and Flacco is forced to have to make so many adjustments with his throws half the time or to throw his receivers open all the time. It's ridiculous. If you're not going to get separation... then it's simple, catch the football to reward your QBs confidence in you.

Boldin was going up against practically a nickel corner all day... yet he couldn't get separation against the guy and allow the defender to make too many plays. As the 2nd best receiver on a team, you HAVE to win those battles. There shouldn't even be a question of Flacco throwing him the perfect pass.

Part of the problem is Cam not using any motion to get his guys clean releases off the LOS or using misdirection routes to confuse a receiver open, but if Flacco is going to be blamed for not throwing perfect passes 100% of the time... blamed for getting the ball in a receiver's catching radius, only for it to be dropped, than perhaps the receivers need to see just as much blame for not being talented enough to separate.

Cam did good in this game regarding the running game. Those complaining about Rice having only 12 touches, you clearly weren't watching the game. Rice wasn't having as much success in this game or the last against the Steelers outside of that big TD run. Bernard Pierce has been doing the better job. Our backs had 20 carries, Flacco had 34 passes. There's nothing wrong with that. My only issue was not seeing the running game called more when we were down in the redzone. It's like we only run the ball when we need to get it close, but when we get to the redzone, we act like the Steelers run defense has been blowing up the running game all day. Outside of that our balance offensively wasn't the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hate Flacco gets is just comical. I swear I can't stand when we lose -- not because we lost, but because of the fanbase. We're slowing turning into Philly fans and it's annoying as all get out.

First off, let me start by saying -- Flacco didn't play very well yesterday. His pocket presence was once again non-existent, his mobility in the pocket wasn't very good, he overthrew a few receivers, and he did his patented stupid "I'm going to throw it away but keep it in bounds" routine and it finally caught him -- maybe he'll learn not to do that.

That said, he's far from the only one that is responsible for the loss.

Boldin and Torrey both had drops (Torrey's not so much a drop, but should have caught the ball in the endzone). None of our WRs were getting open except Torrey deep. Our OL did ok for most of the day, but they just can't block for that long until a WR decides to finally get some space.

Cam refused to call a passing play up the middle all day. I really think he's scared to death of Troy. But other than that, I can't question his run/pass balance, I thought it was pretty good.

Paul Kruger. 'Nuff said.

Our defense couldn't get off the field against Charlie friggin Batch. We had 0 pass rush. We were leaving guys wide open all evening. And I'm sorry, but Ed Reed is the most frustrating player to cheer for in my life. His gambling certainly pays off, but it's so frustrating to see the "losses" in his gambling when he leaves guys wide open because he thought he saw something. I can't tell you how many times I see a guy running by himself and there's #20 trailing behind and a replay shows him trying to jump something else and getting fooled. And while we're on that topic, we can't cover TEs to save our lives. Our ILBs are awful at coverage.

So, we're just going to hear about how Flacco sucks, how he's overrated, etc like we do after every loss -- but I'd put this more on the defense if I had to choose a single scapegoat. 23 points. At home. To Charlie Batch. And that's with the gifts we were given by him. We couldn't get him off the field on 3rd downs at the end of the game to give Flacco a chance to drive for the win (which, btw, I'm confident he could have done seeing as that's basically his MO now). But, I absolutely can't stand Phillymore fans that are all hunky dory and the second we lose a game the sky is falling and Flacco blows.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sleep didn't help.

Flaccomania wrote:
But, I absolutely can't stand Phillymore fans that are all hunky dory and the second we lose a game the sky is falling and Flacco blows.

Only a select few - read: DTMB - have been all roses and butterflies this season. Again, I've never seen a 9-2 team get criticised as much - by their own fanbase, the media, everybody really - and rightfully so.

This was the one game they had absolutely no business losing. At home against their #1 rival with the opportunity to win the divison 3/4 through the season; what with them playing their 3rd string QB, Brown and Polamalu just coming back from injury, Woodley and Taylor being out, and Wallace and Sanders being stupid.

But it's the loss they had coming. No pass rush, Flacco's inconsistency, awful playcalling, poor clock management, WR not getting open and dropping balls, ... Every single flaw of this team got exposed. This wasn't a one time thing. It's been hurting them all season long, and only through a ridiculous amount of luck it didn't come back to bite them.
The other time it did, they got slaughtered.

And it's not so much about this one loss, it's about the bigger picture. This team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs. Especially now, considering their chances at a Bye Week just plummeted.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
So sleep didn't help.

Flaccomania wrote:
But, I absolutely can't stand Phillymore fans that are all hunky dory and the second we lose a game the sky is falling and Flacco blows.

Only a select few - read: DTMB - have been all roses and butterflies this season. Again, I've never seen a 9-2 team get criticised as much - by their own fanbase, the media, everybody really - and rightfully so.

This was the one game they had absolutely no business losing. At home against their #1 rival with the opportunity to win the divison 3/4 through the season; what with them playing their 3rd string QB, Brown and Polamalu just coming back from injury, Woodley and Taylor being out, and Wallace and Sanders being stupid.

But it's the loss they had coming. No pass rush, Flacco's inconsistency, awful playcalling, poor clock management, WR not getting open and dropping balls, ... Every single flaw of this team got exposed. This wasn't a one time thing. It's been hurting them all season long, and only through a ridiculous amount of luck it didn't come back to bite them.
The other time it did, they got slaughtered.

And it's not so much about this one loss, it's about the bigger picture. This team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs. Especially now, considering their chances at a Bye Week just plummeted.

But we still control our own fate. We've already beaten the Patriots so they'll need a better record then us to get it done. We also play Denver, so as long as we can beat them and keep pace with them otherwise, we've got the bye week.

You make it seem like we're actually behind those teams right now. Our schedule is tough, sure. But this simply ensures this team will be playing with urgency throughout the rest of the season.

Honestly, thinking on how this team has been this season... they've made nothing easy for themselves and have continuously trolled the NFL and their fans collectively, this lost is just another step in doing that. We COULD have locked up the division and kept leading the pace for the #2 seed in the AFC, BUT that would have been too easy. This team wants to have to fight until week 17 of the season to see where they will land come playoff time. They're trolling everyone hard... and watch they continue to troll by still finishing 2nd in the AFC. If anything their chances of getting the #1 seed took a huge hit now, but the Texans were going to be an insane challenge no matter if they were playing at home or away. At least playing away we have the benefit of already having been blown out by the Texans and that could give us a bit of a chance as they might underestimate us early and give us a chance to control the game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
You make it seem like we're actually behind those teams right now. Our schedule is tough, sure. But this simply ensures this team will be playing with urgency throughout the rest of the season.

Technically they are, the Patriots have the #2 seed right now.
My main problem is that I don't see them going 3-1 the rest of the way. And even that could not be enough if that one loss comes against Denver.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Technically they are, the Patriots have the #2 seed right now.
My main problem is that I don't see them going 3-1 the rest of the way. And even that could not be enough if that one loss comes against Denver.

The Patriots only have it by virtue of the 3-way tie between Denver, them, and us. If we beat Denver- it doesn't matter what the Patriots do... so like I said, TECHNICALLY we control our own fates, no one else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 31 of 34

Jump to: