Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Heart of a Champion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bowilson11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Heart of a Champion Reply with quote

I'm kinda new to this forum and the moderator locked out my other thread titled "Robert Griffin III is the QB I want to draft". He stated that we should start a new post and provide the link for the old one. So, I'm gonna try this:

This is the old link: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=469476&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

My original post was met with some that agreed and some that disagreed. Through it all I stated my case, provided scouting reports, but most of all I stuck with my gut feelings that this kid was "SPECIAL". After 11 games as the Redskins QB, RG III has brought a newfound joy to the Redskins Nation. He has taken a team decimated with injuries and put them in contention for a playoff berth. I heard the case that he wasn't a pocket passer and that he's never been under center. Well naysayers, he is a pocket passer and he can take snaps from under center. The kid has tireless work ethics. His teammates say he is a student of the game. He comes in early, stays late and studies lots of film. What separates RG III from most QBs is he's awesome play faking ability. His rare ability to fake the handoff and hide the ball is without question a gift that adds to his effectiveness. After watching the Dallas game on Thanksgiving, I knew that this kid had the "Heart of a Champion". His resolve and will to win is something out of a story book. As a Diehard Redskin fan, all I ever wanted at QB was a "WINNER". Not in the sense of wins and losses, but leaving it all on the field for his team every weekend. The ability to lift the play of others of lesser talent to make plays when needed. RG III has brought the love for burgundy and gold back and made us revelant again. He might not be the NFL's MVP, but he's definitely my "MVP".
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For our Franchise QB I hoped we would find a QB with a strong arm, accurate deep ball, decent intermediate accuracy, good decision making, and the scrambling ability of Rodgers

But we got so much MORE...
We are already seeing him do things, that like Shanahan said, we have never seen from a QB before. His world-class speed is on display every game. His abilities are unparalleled.
A stat since the bye mirrors his college days: 8 TD's, 9 incompletions. I don't know how he could be any more excellent. But he will strive to be better every single week regardless of how well he played last week.
And remain humble as he works.

I am just in awe of this kid. Not just because of his skills, but because of his focus, commitment, and ability to stay grounded,
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year when i first heard about him i thought he was just another vick/vince young. But then i starting watching highlights and watching his interviews and i knew he carry's himself like a elite franchise qb. The first moment i heard the skins traded for the 2nd overall pick i was so giddy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
Last year when i first heard about him i thought he was just another vick/vince young. But then i starting watching highlights and watching his interviews and i knew he carry's himself like a elite franchise qb. The first moment i heard the skins traded for the 2nd overall pick i was so giddy

Me Too!! bowilson, Parrothead, footy, ace, all those guys knew he could be the real deal. I honestly wanted him over Luck because of what the Shanahans could orchestrate for him in the NFL. I believed in his physical skills as soon as I started looking at what they saw. But the person, the character, that to me has been a pleasant surprise.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, resurrecting that old post was brilliant.. Really enjoyed re-reading all the pre-draft hopes and predictions.
Yes, Footy's call of 3 and Cousins is off the board scary! WOW, Footy is psycho ! Shocked Someone said I was psycho awhile back on one of my postings ! I'm still hoping they meant psychic !! Laughing Laughing
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin seems to good to be true. Its brilliant to have the most popular, and one of the best players in the NFL.
Better run better run faster than RG3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: