Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

R&P's 3/4's of a way through the year Mock Draft:FA Inlc
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. A lot of people point to the Dallas game where our dline dominated. Yet Dallas has a very weak/subpar oline. Same with Carolina.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feelin this mock. I love Logan Ryan and he's quickly becoming my favorite DB prospect in this draft. Dion Jordan is just an all around athlete with so much versatility that, if he's still around, would be very hard to pass up on. Like many people are saying, you can never have enough pass rushers.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found an intleresting website that shows snap counts of players by team.
On the Bucs d-line snaps played, the following:

McCoy - 709
Bennett - 705
Te'o - 540
Miller - 448
Gibson - 156
Bowers - 152
Irvin - 87

Two separate notes: David - 785 and Barron 795 snaps. A lot of snaps for rookies.

Comparison of snaps for other d-linemen:

J. Allen - 742
JPP - 662
Tuck - 538
Suh - 655

My basic point to drafting pass rushers very early is to spread out the snaps so guys aren't overly fatigued during and especially at the end of games. Our main guys all play pretty much more snaps then anyone else in the league, and I believe in adding more players into the mix to limit the snaps, which in turn will help production.

Obvious by the numbers, the coaching staff doesn't think Gibson and Irvin can really play. In my opinion, just getting a healthy Clayborn back next year is not enough depth. Our pool at d-line is just too shallow and the pass rush is paying the price.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

McCoy - 709
Bennett - 705
Te'o - 540
Miller - 448
Gibson - 156
Bowers - 152
Irvin - 87

Two separate notes: David - 785 and Barron 795 snaps. A lot of snaps for rookies.

J. Allen - 742
JPP - 662
Tuck - 538
Suh - 655

My basic point to drafting pass rushers very early is to spread out the snaps so guys aren't overly fatigued during and especially at the end of games. Our main guys all play pretty much more snaps then anyone else in the league, and I believe in adding more players into the mix to limit the snaps, which in turn will help production.

Obvious by the numbers, the coaching staff doesn't think Gibson and Irvin can really play. In my opinion, just getting a healthy Clayborn back next year is not enough depth. Our pool at d-line is just too shallow and the pass rush is paying the price.

Good post, makes a lot of sense.

I know we will still need corners but I think that the DL still needs to improve as priority #1.
indifference

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

McCoy - 709
Bennett - 705
Te'o - 540
Miller - 448
Gibson - 156
Bowers - 152
Irvin - 87

J. Allen - 742
JPP - 662
Tuck - 538
Suh - 655

Good post. That's a crap load of snaps for a DT (referring to McCoy)

McCoy played more snaps than Suh in college too so that doesn't surprise me. Other notable names:

Geno Atkins 9 sacks: 547 total snaps
Henry Melton 6 sacks: 512 total snaps

We NEED to get another pass rushing DT. The fact that he has been on the field that much makes him even more valuable then Atkins/Melton/Suh in my eyes. Bennett's snaps will go down when Bowers is back at 100% and Clayborn of course. But, yeah that's pretty ridiculous and strong enough evidence that we need better depth. Nice find rav
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this a lot. The FA would be perfect, but I don't know if we'll be as big spenders after last offseason. Would love to get a CB that can produce like Jenkins. I agree with you on cutting Wright, never was worth that money and has not handled himself as a leader on this team.

Like the draft a lot, real intrigued by Jordan but need to watch more of his film. I could definitely see Ryan in pewter.... his stocks rising quick, wouldn't be shocked to see him picked in the first come April.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i LOVE this whole draft/offseason. i think the team would be greatly improved. Big fan of Dorsey! him and McCoy together could be great, but im not sure if Dorsey has completed a full season, usually gets hurt. Would like to see in the Later end of the draft to get a KR.PR like GREG REID!!
5nick5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
i LOVE this whole draft/offseason. i think the team would be greatly improved. Big fan of Dorsey! him and McCoy together could be great, but im not sure if Dorsey has completed a full season, usually gets hurt. Would like to see in the Later end of the draft to get a KR.PR like GREG REID!!

Greg Reid got kicked off his team. Maybe if this were still the Raheem era we would take a chance on him. But right now, Coach Schiano and Mark Dominik are looking for high-character guys. Guys like Aqib Talib, Tanard Jackson, and Kellen Winslow all had great talent, but they were head cases that weren't tolerated. We don't want to waste any draft picks (not even a 7th) on low-character guys. They're trying to build a respectable culture in Tampa Bay.

scottonatable

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
scottonatable wrote:

Greg Reid got kicked off his team. Maybe if this were still the Raheem era we would take a chance on him. But right now, Coach Schiano and Mark Dominik are looking for high-character guys. Guys like Aqib Talib, Tanard Jackson, and Kellen Winslow all had great talent, but they were head cases that weren't tolerated. We don't want to waste any draft picks (not even a 7th) on low-character guys. They're trying to build a respectable culture in Tampa Bay.

Yes but you cant rule out guys that have just made ONE mistake like that. people make mistakes. I believe to use a 7th round pick on Reid would be worth a "risk"
5nick5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
scottonatable wrote:

Yes but you cant rule out guys that have just made ONE mistake like that. people make mistakes. I believe to use a 7th round pick on Reid would be worth a "risk"

Well for him to be kicked off the team, it was either a) a big mistake or b) multiple mistakes. It also sends the wrong message to the guys in the locker room.

scottonatable

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid is no Tyrann Matheiu when it comes to off the field issues
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my understanding Reid was aressted 3 times and broke multiple team rules before hand. Probably someone schiano would have booted from his team as well. No thank you.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
I wouldn't draft either one of them. That's what the Cincinnati Bengals are for.
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
scottonatable wrote:
I wouldn't draft either one of them. That's what the Cincinnati Bengals are for.

Laughing

#EmbraceTheSuck
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it

Want more corners thouhh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: