Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

R&P's 3/4's of a way through the year Mock Draft:FA Inlc
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: R&P's 3/4's of a way through the year Mock Draft:FA Inlc Reply with quote

Key Off-season re-signings:
- RFA Tender: T Demar Dotson
- RFA Tender: G/C Ted Larsen
- re-sign DT Roy Miller
- Re-Sign DT Gary Gibson

Let Walk:
- LDE Michael Bennett: I know I'll get a lot of flack for this. But I just don't see a consistant motor every down with him. To me he's a rotational player that will have a higher asking price. I think he's expendable and can be upgraded.
- RB Legarrett Blount
- CB EJ Biggers
- T Jeremy Trueblood: Not doing much. Replaceable.

Cap Casualties:
- CB Eric Wright: Services not needed. Him getting suspended was the best thing because we are no longer on the hook for his contract.

- LB Quincy Black: Hope he recovers from his injury, but I just think his salary isn't worth it because he's not an every down player.

Retire:
- Ronde Barber: Love this guy but he can't play forever. He pondered retirement last off-season. I just think he hangs it up.

Key Signings:

CB Mike Jenkins

- Physical CB that shores up our secondary.

DT Glenn Dorsey

- Exactly What our line needs and McCoy could use some help inside on passing downs next to him.

RB Chris Ivory

- Need that power back to compliment Muscle Hamster.

Draft:

1st Round: Dion Jordan DE Oregon

- Jordan is a freakish athlete that has really been a nightmare for opposing offenses in the PAC 12. He's got a non stop motor that consistantly gets after the QB. A first step that reminds me a lot of JPP coming out, and what's amazing is he's only been a DE since his sophmore season, as he converted from TE. He does so much for Oregon. Drops into coverage, lines up at both RDE and LDE, as well as LB and even in teh slot to cover TE/WRs.
He's that edge pass rusher the Bucs need.

2nd Round: Trade up: 4th and current 2nd: Logan Ryan CB Rutgers

- Ryan, in my opinion, is going to develop into a very good starting CB in this league. He's at a mid 2nd round grade on most boards, but many will knock him because of lack of competition in the Big East and that he really didn't face a top WR prospect.
However, I see this being a solid pick up for the Bucs. Ryan is a physical CB who can tackle and strong enough to jam WRs off their routes, something our current CBs, except Leonard Johnson, don't do. The Rutgers ties also don't hurt either.

3rd Round: Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State

- As much as I like Ahmad Black behind Ronde, Phillip Thomas is a physical football player and ball hawk. He has a nose for the football and plays with a very high football iq. Very good choice to replace Ronde.

4th Round: Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State

- Explosive playmaker that can help out in the slot and on KR/PR duties. Also has some potential to develop into something lot more. Sleeper in my opinion.

5th Round: Xavier Nixon T Florida

- Solid Depth behind Penn and Dotson. Could develop into a starter down the road but is a very physical run blocker. Solid pass blocker, but needs to work on consistancy. Think our o=line coach can fix that.

6th Round: Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio State

- Well rounded TE that is developing nicely as a pass catcher. Won't be flashy. Reminds me a bit of a more athletic Kevin Boss, who can block, but has more ability in the pass game.

7th Round: Matt Stankiewitch C Penn State

- More depth inside the offensive line. Very intelligant football player who's very strong at the point of attack. Could develop into a long term starter but can back up Zuttah for now.

Last edited by REDandPEWTER on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly one of the better mocks but I hate mock trades
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the concept of the draft addressing pass rusher and CB early. However, I read an article that in Dom's three drafts so far, he has exactly drafted one offensive linemen in all of his picks (Xavier Fulton). I kind of doubt he deviates much from this philosophy this draft considering the depth chart coming back from injury next year. At most, I think he drafts one o-lineman.

The Bennett question is a dilemma. My question is besides Bowers, who will rotate in at LDE if Bennett is let go? I thought Clayborn could pretty much only play RDE because of his shoulder condition. I think Te'o and Jordan would be too small to play there, especially if Bowers is injured for any amount of time. Morgan is unproven.

Personally not a fan of Mike Jenkins, hope they go in a different direction. Dorsey is intriguing, he has certainly proven not to be an effective 5 technique. Certainly was very hyped coming out of college as a penetrating 3 technique.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I like the concept of the draft addressing pass rusher and CB early. However, I read an article that in Dom's three drafts so far, he has exactly drafted one offensive linemen in all of his picks (Xavier Fulton). I kind of doubt he deviates much from this philosophy this draft considering the depth chart coming back from injury next year. At most, I think he drafts one o-lineman.

The Bennett question is a dilemma. My question is besides Bowers, who will rotate in at LDE if Bennett is let go? I thought Clayborn could pretty much only play RDE because of his shoulder condition. I think Te'o and Jordan would be too small to play there, especially if Bowers is injured for any amount of time. Morgan is unproven.

Personally not a fan of Mike Jenkins, hope they go in a different direction. Dorsey is intriguing, he has certainly proven not to be an effective 5 technique. Certainly was very hyped coming out of college as a penetrating 3 technique.

You can pretty much line Jordan Anywhere on the Dline. you can rush him from a standup OLB on 3rd downs as well. at 6'7 with that big of a frame, don't think he's too small at all to play on the LDE.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree at all with the Bennett analysis. He is our best DE against the run(yes better than Clayborn). And I don't see his motor being an issue either - not sure where your getting that from. Only thing wrong with Bennett is that he disappears during games. He's young, inconsistent, and his first year fulling starting. Its going to happen. We'd be foolish to let Bennett go given his upside and progression. Now if he wants $12 million a year - yeah we'd be better off moving on but at his current production doesn't seem like at the end of the year he will end up with more than 12 sacks. So I don't see a guy that had 1 break-out season try to completely cash-out.

As for the draft, Jordan is growing on me. I just don't like the fact he stands up a lot as a pass rusher. He looks like he plays at 245-250 at best but his speed/athletic ability/awareness is definitely off the charts. Has Aldon Smith like talent. Worth the risk in the mid first even with bringing Bennett so I have no gripe there. The picks in the first 3 rounds are fine with me everything else I don't care too much about.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we have as flashy of a FA, but I like it a lot. I'd rather take a RB later than one of the lineman, but that's no biggie.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we keep Bennett, I love this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more thoughts on the offseason moves. I do think Bennett will be back also, either long-term or franchise tag. If the organization franchised Chidi Ahonatu, I think they will franchise Bennett to see if this is his actual production.

I do think Black has a good chance of returning if medically cleared. I think the organization will offer him a deal similiar to Trueblood this past offseason. I don't believe Black has much value in the free agent market coming off a neck injury. I thought Black played decent in his role, vastly overpaid, but from everything I read a good teammate.

Other signings on the roster. I believe Clark and Underwood will be resigned. Both will be probably one year deals with low cap hits. Benn's cap hit is too high, he probably will be cut.

Finally, I think Freeman gets a contract extension. I believe negotiations will not be contentious like Flacco in Baltimore. I think Freeman wants to be a Buc long-term and I believe the organization believes in him.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
A few more thoughts on the offseason moves. I do think Bennett will be back also, either long-term or franchise tag. If the organization franchised Chidi Ahonatu, I think they will franchise Bennett to see if this is his actual production.
Eh, you think so? I think the franchise tag is like 16-18 million a year for a DE. That's a hefty price for a guy that had 1 year. I would handle the situation as:its either we work the contract out with some incentives in there or we let him walk.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like RoeKG said I doubt we get that many solid fa's, two of those three would be a good fa period.

Love the draft.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
BucsCanesFan6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan has a lot of potential no doubt, but I can't help but think we need to after a CB in the first round, like a Jonathan Banks or Xavier Rhodes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it but think it's a bit unrealistic from a draft standpoint, and like TML and others have said, I want Bennett to stay. We cant have ENOUGH pass rusher, and even if he as you say is best rotating in, im fine with that. Bennett also has the ability to rush from the DT spot, which is valuable.

Jenkins I get, younger guy, and local guy. Coming back home could do wonders for him and we need CB help BAD

for the draft. I like Jordan but dont think he last to us honestly. I think all the good pass rushers will be gone before we pick. But if he's there he is right at the top of my personal board.

Now you have to think, are the Bucs/Dom ready to give up on Clayborn and Bowers? Or is it a Giants type theory of ADD pass rushers? If it's the later then I get it, and I'm for it. I see alot of Aldon Smith in Jordan. I studied Smith hard and im sure the board remembers how much I wanted him to be a Buc. As soon as I get my laptop back ill start getting more film on players and start getting into my evaluations. So anyone that wants me to watch players LMK...

Second round love Ryan. I think he's the one guy I want FOR sure at CB. Yes I want Millner, but even I am starting to get skeptical of Bama defensive players. Not only that, but he'll go before we can pick him. We might have to give up a little more to secure Ryan but im ok with it. Schiano recruited the kid hard and for good reason. He's a complete CB. With him and Jenkins starting should be an immediate upgrade

cool with the mid rounds, especially Thomas obviously. Someone else hit on drafting O-Lineman....Dom hasnt drafted ONE since his first draft. I dont think that changes this year. I think we'll bring in some UDFA and try and get a vet guy with upside to replace Trueblood...

all in all good work sir

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
Eh, you think so? I think the franchise tag is like 16-18 million a year for a DE. That's a hefty price for a guy that had 1 year. I would handle the situation as:its either we work the contract out with some incentives in there or we let him walk.

It's that high? I didn't realize the number was that high, certainly does change my thoughts about using the franchise tag. Thanks for the info.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

It's that high? I didn't realize the number was that high, certainly does change my thoughts about using the franchise tag. Thanks for the info.

Yep. Like what was said. Bennett doesn't bring it every series but I don't know if he'll be worth what he'll command on the open market. Someone will give him 6-7 mil a year too much for a rotational player in my opinion. Also too pricey for a guy that disappears too much.

As for FA goes Jenkins and Dorsey are not high priced FAs Probably get both at a bargain in the 3-5 mil a year range especially Dorsey.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Yep. Like what was said. Bennett doesn't bring it every series but I don't know if he'll be worth what he'll command on the open market. Someone will give him 6-7 mil a year too much for a rotational player in my opinion. Also too pricey for a guy that disappears too much.

As for FA goes Jenkins and Dorsey are not high priced FAs Probably get both at a bargain in the 3-5 mil a year range especially Dorsey.

Aren't most of Bennett's sacks coming from most of our worst opposition? I think a good chunk of his sacks are against the Panthers.

I like Bennett, but like RnP is saying I'm not sure he'll be worth what he might want.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: