Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft Reply with quote

Tannenbaum, Rex, Sparano, Pettine all fired

New York Jets hire Marc Ross as the new General Manager of the New York Jets

Ross will take over the entire football operations from scouting to contract negotiations. He will be in a comfort zone still working in New York and I think Woody Johnson will fall back from putting his nose in the football operations similar to how the Mara's run business.

Marc Ross and the New York Jets hire Mike McCoy, offensive coordinator of the Denver Broncos, as the new head coach for the New York Jets. McCoy will add a new system and great offensive mind to our team something we truly lack.

Marc Ross hires Joe Woods, defensive backs coach of the Minnesota Vikings, as the defensive coordinator. Woods will maintain the 3-4 D due to the personnel already in place and hopefully maintain the success our defense has achieved the past 4 years.

Restructures
Darrelle Revis- extension
Antonio Cromartie
Mark Sanchez

Re-sign
Laron Landry
Ricky Sapp
Aaron Berry
Matt Slauson
Austin Howard
Aaron Maybin
Josh Mauga
Chaz Schillens
Lex Hilliard
Jason Smith
Yeremiah Bell

Trades

The New York Jets trade Tim Tebow to the Jacksonville Jaguars for a 3rd Round pick. The Jaguars recently drafted a Punter in the 3rd round. They wont find a better ticket seller and winner at QB than Tebow and they are in a dire need of a culture change. Tebow will be that and more for them

The New York Jets tag and trade Dustin Keller to the St. Louis Rams for a 3rd Round pick. Keller would fit in nice with the Rams and I doubt they find a better short and long term option than Keller in the 3rd not to mention he's familiar with Schotty.

The New York Jets trade Santonio Holmes to the Washington Redskins for a 7th Round pick.

The New York Jets trade Mark Sanchez to the Seattle Seahawks for a 6th Round Pick. The Seahawks will likely deal Flynn for an asset and Sanchez would make a good back up for Wilson

The New York Jets trade David Harris to the Oakland Raiders for a 4th Round Pick

Sign

Jared Cook TE
Rey Maualuga ILB
Matt Moore QB
Mike Goodson RB
Shaun Philips OLB
Jason Jones DE
Dwayne Bowe WR- big money

Draft

1)Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia- Like top fall out the top 5 should be there for us

2)Mike Glennon QB North Carolina State- should be there at the top of day 2

*2)Ezekial Ansah OLB BYU- trade up for this potential stud, he may go late 1st but the teams picking there never go for projects

3)Larry Warford OG Kentucky- should be there at the top of round 3 this guard class is nice

*3)Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia- a guy I see falling some. Rambo can go anywhere between rounds 2-3 and there are a lot of guys that fall in te draft. The latest I've seen him mocked was late 3rd round

4)Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA- solid RB, good vision and nice cuts. Not a ton of breakaway speed but good enough to build a 2 back attack around

5)Marcus Davis WR Virginia Tech- Davis is very physical, very athletic, straight beast. Not a ton of upside but his work ethic could turn him into a good 3rd or 4th receiver in a couple years

6)Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio State- solid receiving TE with some potential

7)Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon- had some issues early in the year off the field might drop some or a lot, may not get picked who knows but ILB depth would be nice here

*Traded- 2 3rds to move back into 2nd Round
*Traded- 4/6/7/future 3 to move into 3rd round

New York Jets Depth Chart

QB- Moore/Glennon/McElroy
RB- Powell/Franklin/Goodson/McKnight
FB- Hilliard
WR- Bowe/Davis/White
WR- Hill/Kerley/Schillens
TE- Cook/Stoneburner/Smith
LT- Ferguson
LG- Ducasse/Slauson
C- Mangold
RG- Warford/Schlauderaff
RT- Howard/Smith

DE- Coples/Jones
NT- Pouha/Ellis/Harrison
DE- Wilkerson/DeVito
OLB- Jones/Sapp/McIntyre
ILB- Davis/Mauga
ILB- Maualuga/Alonso
OLB- Philips/Ansah/Maybin
CB- Revis/Wilson/Lankster
S- Landry/Rambo
S- Bell/Bush
CB- Cromartie/Berry/Trufant

K- Folk
P- Malone
LS- Purdum

2 will get cut, 1 OLB and 1 RB

thoughts, analysis, criticism all welcome

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
xenajets

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts are if this happened i would fully expect to hit the lottery the day after right before my alarm clock sounded for work and i woke up from a great dream.

We wont get a 3rd for Tebow- 5th at very best probs a 6th

Your talking about 5 big money signings, i dont think its possible!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That free agency is too unrealistic. Jason Jones would not sign with a team to be a backup. Maualuga is a major downgrade from Harris. Neither keller or tebow are getting 3rd round picks. The draft is a pipe dream. And after all that we still dont have a decent QB or RB.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: