Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade either Stafford or Suh?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Stafford or Suh?
Stafford
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Suh
61%
 61%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 18

usedaschwartz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Trade either Stafford or Suh? Reply with quote

I'd like to know who people would prefer to see traded. Our cap is in shambles. These two are the least cap-friendly players. If we had to trade one of them, who would you want to see go? Keep in mind the return of players and draft picks.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither option should choice

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
davisblack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither
#6 P Sam Martin
#45 FB Jed Collins
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading your Franchise QB never makes sense.
DTOW

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neither
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stafford shouldn't even be a poll option.

You either have a franchise QB or you don't.

If one of the "big three" was to be traded it would have to be Suh. But, they should try to keep them all if possible.
carlande

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade both. (in my world) Neither seems to be worth the headache.

Stafford has been mediocre and seems to lack command of the team.

Suh has been erratic both on and off the field.

Neither player is leading this team to winning mentality.

These guys are overpaid but there's nothing much that can be done about it. I don't see any team wanting to pick up either players contract. The Lions can only hope that these two players mature and develop a little further mentally.
usedaschwartz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:

If one of the "big three" was to be traded it would have to be Suh. But, they should try to keep them all if possible.

There's 15 other QB's I'd rather have at this point. He's not getting better. He lacks maturity and leadership. You can't coach those qualities. With what we could get in value for him, all you'd need is a top 15 guy to win games.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usedaschwartz wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

There's 15 other QB's I'd rather have at this point. He's not getting better. He lacks maturity and leadership. You can't coach those qualities. With what we could get in value for him, all you'd need is a top 15 guy to win games.

Lacks leadership? All I have read is he is amazing leader. Guys love him. He earned all their respect in Clev game

He lost Burleson, Young and Broyles.

Linehan calling not helping him. He is only 24.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
mijags

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fire all the coaches. let stafford have another year, if he's still mediocre.......make the decision from there..........you dont even entertain thoughts of trading CJ. suh? id keep him for as long as hes disruptive on the line........
1King

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usedaschwartz wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Name the 15 guys.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
carlande

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
usedaschwartz wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Lacks leadership? All I have read is he is amazing leader. Guys love him. He earned all their respect in Clev game

Leadership is different than respect.

Playing injured just shows you're tough in the NFL. I credit him for showing he can stick it out with the game on the line. It takes more than that to lead the team though.

Stafford needs to wake up. He seems to be absorbed into Linehan and overshadowed by his clipboard. He reveals little intensity on the sidelines and on the field it's only shown in little outbursts after he scores. He seems disengaged from others. Not your typical leader. I saw him shy away from conflict walking away when Jefferson went at Linehan. Leaders don't do this, role-players do. This isn't a strike against Stafford's character. It's not to say he's a bad guy. He's quiet though, and seems disengaged from guys. I've hardly read a peep from him this season and when I have it's only regarding his game. I think he needs to be more vocal about the Lions.

Yes he's 24. Next year, beyond the numbers, can he step up?
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
usedaschwartz wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Leadership is different than respect.

Playing injured just shows you're tough in the NFL. I credit him for showing he can stick it out with the game on the line. It takes more than that to lead the team though.

Stafford needs to wake up. He seems to be absorbed into Linehan and overshadowed by his clipboard. He reveals little intensity on the sidelines and on the field it's only shown in little outbursts after he scores. He seems disengaged from others. Not your typical leader. I saw him shy away from conflict walking away when Jefferson went at Linehan. Leaders don't do this, role-players do. This isn't a strike against Stafford's character. It's not to say he's a bad guy. He's quiet though, and seems disengaged from guys. I've hardly read a peep from him this season and when I have it's only regarding his game. I think he needs to be more vocal about the Lions.

Yes he's 24. Next year, beyond the numbers, can he step up?

Actually leaders do shy away from drama and chaos. This isn't some SOA biker gang.

Some of best leaders I have known are quiet. Doesn't make the. Less then a good leader. Him walking away from confrontation is leading by example.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
spurlock84

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously why are we talking about this....are you guys literally crazy?????
Stafford is our franchise QB, and isnt doing as bad as people think today he played bad that is one game in a game that didnt matter.....think of the drops and the injuries/dumbness he has gone through this year...all of you bandwagoners better not be on Stafford's Jock next year

As for Suh your talking about arguably the best DT in the league, there are things that need to be worked on with him, but we are the people that put Suh in the lights as a "Bad Boy" we wanted him to be like that and thats exactly what he has done...he will clean it up some more in the offseason bc his contract year is coming up.....

I understand things did not go our way this year, but we really need to stop talking about things that arent going to happen and dogging our top players...its like wtf
DTOW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's 15 other QB's I'd rather have at this point. He's not getting better. He lacks maturity and leadership. You can't coach those qualities. With what we could get in value for him, all you'd need is a top 15 guy to win games.[/quote]

Garbage. I puked in my mouth when I read this. Virtually nothing about this post is correct in my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: