Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does anyone know what time Reggie's press conferences is.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Mark Davis has spoken out on his frustrations once again. Good read.

Some interesting quotes:

Quote:
"Well, we have five games to go. Who on this team wants me to fight for them to keep their job? Who among the players and coaches really wants to be here? Who wants me to fight to keep them here?''

Mark Davis on Dennis Allen after speaking to him:
Quote:
"I wouldn't say it was heated; the most heated I got was when we first got on the plane and I told him it's not good enough,'' Davis said. "And that's what I said. I told him not long after we boarded: `It's not good enough.' I admit I was pissed off.''

Quote:
"Honestly, I was happy to see some of that passion coming out of him,'' Davis said. "Frankly, I didn't know if it was there.''

I like Mark Davis. He's about the only one bright spot of the season for me. It seems like he genuinely cares about how the team is doing. As a fan, that makes me feel good to know. As far as Dennis is concerned, if that's the first long conversation he's had with Mark, hopefully he wasn't expecting a pat on the back for the poor job he's done so far.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:

Because owners own the team and that is it.
How often do good owners speak out ?

You think owners don't meet with their GM on a regular basis to adress whatever issues have to be adressed? You think they're throwing millions into an organization and then just let people run it while they enjoy their time on the golf course? When there's a need for their voice to be heard, it is heard.

This is his first year on the job and the last month has been the first major obstacle (i lack a better word here) for this regime. So yeah, he felt the need to let fans know he's aware of the situation, that he's there to make sure things go in the right direction, basically, that he cares. When the Steelers have to deal with the likes of Santonio Holmes, you hear the owner's opinion on it. This is the same here. It's a situation where the owner's voice has to be heard. It's not like we've been hearing a lot from him in the past year. When he becomes Jerry Jones, i'll be worried.
Raidin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
bitty wrote:
Keleth wrote:
Raidin wrote:
The more quotes I see of Mark Davis the more worried about him I am as owner.

Have to agree with you a bit.
I hope he is not going down the Al path and will think he knows better than his GM and coaches.

When the GM the coaches make huge mistakes you have to wonder. Like Mark said this time last year the Raiders where 7-4 and now under the the new GM and Coach they are 3-8.
I would be mad as well.

Yeah, i don't know what the big deal is here. As the owner he has every right to be disappointed and to let people know about it. Apparently, he came straight to the guy he started to question and asked him to explain the issues he was going thru. Why shouldn't he do it?

Maybe don't do it on an airplane? Not letting your emotions get the better of you either would be a big help as well. Sitting down with your HC on a plane and then basically having a rant at him seems like incompetence from me.
dmac505

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If mark davis fires DA... we will have a very hard time finding a coach for a long time.

Mark Davis needs to realize who he is, his dad was one of the most controlling owners in sports and coaches stayed away from him.
AD at least earnt his role as owner, and at a time was a football genius so its understandable that he went a bit whack at the end there.

MD hasnt done anything in the world of football. if he fires the first HC of his career, coaches will know they have a 1yr trial, which no coahc wants.
Keleth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Keleth wrote:

You think owners don't meet with their GM on a regular basis to adress whatever issues have to be adressed? You think they're throwing millions into an organization and then just let people run it while they enjoy their time on the golf course? When there's a need for their voice to be heard, it is heard.

An owner can call his coach or GM an idiot or whatever he wants,he is the boss after all.
But letting it be known in public is another thing entirely.
I'll ask again,when was the last time you heard a good owner going public with his dissatisfaction ?
dante9876

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Keleth wrote:

An owner can call his coach or GM an idiot or whatever he wants,he is the boss after all.
I'll ask again,when was the last time you heard a good owner going public with his dissatisfaction ?

Good owners have good teams. They don't have to speak out.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, if I were Mark Davis I would have done whatever it takes to Asst. GM DeCosta

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:

I'm pretty sure he never called them idiots. And i really can't answer that question as i don't pay extra attention to what the owners say or not.

I understand the situation Mark Davis is in right now though. He has to take over for a football icon who has been this franchise for the last half century. And in his first year, the team is going through what might be the roughest stretch of games in its history. That's reason enough to let the fans know you're there and you recognize what has been done isn't gonna be enough. Through all he's saying, there's nothing indicating he doesn't trust the guys he put in charge. The only message is we haven't done enough and we will work all together to fix this thing. I actuallt think he's handling it pretty smartly as he portrays himself in the position of a man asking himself the same questions most of the fans do and providing the answers to the doubt they may have about the FO and the coaching staff. From a PR stand point, it's pretty good.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
S&B88 is kinda right there. Also, I do recall bp being high on Pryor when we took him in the supplemental draft and now after not throwing a pass for a year and a half and a couple preseason games he's done a 180. Usually its the siding with the front office thing. If the front office likes him he must be good.

I don't mean to put somebody on blast but it's something I've noticed as well.

I side w/ the FO, because they are the professionals here that work with these players. Be it the old FO or new, has a player got away that has proven a baller that you can say 'big mistake'.

There is plenty I disagree with as well. I was sour on Knapp's hiring, but thought he'd do more with the talent here, he hasn't.

I'm a positive person. I tend to side with what appears a positive to me.

As for Pryor. Liked the pick at the time, but thought Hue (and Al for that matter) would be around to work with him. That was before Palmer. I've not done a 180 on Pryor, just don't think he needs to be rushed in when Palmer is a quality starter. I'd like to see him learn and play down the road with Palmer starting.

Question Exact same post.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: