Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does anyone know what time Reggie's press conferences is.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3566
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so disappointed in the press conference Reggie just through the whole team under the bus.
It's not my fault,it's not the coaches fault, it's the players fault. really

This press conference is worse than Hue's at lest he was 8-8.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 4984
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it was really bad form of Reggie I thought. No idea why he agreed to that interview. It was going to be difficult to get away with not inadvertently throwing either the coaches or players under the bus but he seemed happy to wade in straight away and just fling the players right under it. Wonder how they will feel reading that now. Makes life difficult for Allen as well.
_________________
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Matt Flynn is going to do a good job. He has a poise about him and that's good to see. I am ecstatic to welcome him into the Raider Nation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
early43


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 1075
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Yea it was really bad form of Reggie I thought. No idea why he agreed to that interview. It was going to be difficult to get away with not inadvertently throwing either the coaches or players under the bus but he seemed happy to wade in straight away and just fling the players right under it. Wonder how they will feel reading that now. Makes life difficult for Allen as well.


Truth hurts sometimes and players need to be reminded that this is a buisness. When you under perform, you could loose your job. No more "commitment to excellence" while going 2-14, 4-12, ect.

Ill admit that I probably wouldnt have liked the press conference if it was for another team but we are in a totally unique situation. Al Davis created a fraternity atmosphere here where players knew he was the boss, if he liked you, you were safe, and you got paid handsomly for being average...

Just another attempt at creating a new era in Oakland IMO. Honestly, our team needed to be reminded from a Front Office GM.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 5502
Location: CA-TX
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
I'm so disappointed in the press conference Reggie just through the whole team under the bus.
It's not my fault,it's not the coaches fault, it's the players fault. really

This press conference is worse than Hue's at lest he was 8-8.


Quotes? I just read the whole transcript and nothing came off the way you described.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Willis666


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 322
Location: Mordhaus
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he said what needed to be said. The players have to be held responsible at some point, and it was refreshing not to be fed BS about the talent level of this team.

If players get their feelings hurt, and feel like he's throwing them under the bus then the truth is those are the ones that most likely aren't doing their job.

If I'm a player, and I know that I'm giving everything I can, I wouldn't really take what Reggie said personally because I would know he wasn't referring to me. It's kinda like the class getting chewed out at school by the professor. If you're doing what you need to, and you know it, then the chewing out doesn't really involve you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 4984
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is it works both ways. Coaches and Reggie can say the players don't have the talent so the coaches should get a pass. Honestly if I was player I'd be thinking "hang on, you give us a rookie head coach an a rookie DC so don't expect us to pick up the slack for your rookie coaches".

There was one play against the Bengals were Joselio hanson was in the slot one on one vs AJ Green, obviously Greene broke off a big 40+ yard play. It could be argued that's on Hanson, got make the plays etc however if I was a player on that team I'd be looking at that match up and thinking "wtf are you going Tarver?". It goes both ways.
_________________
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Matt Flynn is going to do a good job. He has a poise about him and that's good to see. I am ecstatic to welcome him into the Raider Nation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Keleth


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 2799
Location: Restaurant at the end of the universe
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
I'm so disappointed in the press conference Reggie just through the whole team under the bus.
It's not my fault,it's not the coaches fault, it's the players fault. really



A lot of it is the players fault though isn't it ?
He is after all the GM and not the coach and he is not there to protect the players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21716
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
I'm so disappointed in the press conference Reggie just through the whole team under the bus.
It's not my fault,it's not the coaches fault, it's the players fault. really

This press conference is worse than Hue's at lest he was 8-8.


The conference is worse? Denver has Peyton Manning and won 8 games.

And Reggie is 100% correct. The roster sucks. He's been saying that since day 1, but he didn't have the resources to fix it.

Now is his time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21716
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
bitty wrote:
I'm so disappointed in the press conference Reggie just through the whole team under the bus.
It's not my fault,it's not the coaches fault, it's the players fault. really

This press conference is worse than Hue's at lest he was 8-8.


Quotes? I just read the whole transcript and nothing came off the way you described.


It's just bitty being bitty. Still mad Hue Jackson isn't here being average. Laughing Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21716
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite quote:

Quote:
Reggie McKenzie on Pat Lee: "the one thing he could do is come in there and get you by games... I wish Pat Lee was more dominant"


Music to my ears. He wants dominate players. That's what this is about. For too long we've seen a roster of underachieving average players.

The fans get upset when guys like Pat Lee is getting cut. There's your problem!

Excited to see this offseason.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Willis666


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 322
Location: Mordhaus
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Problem is it works both ways. Coaches and Reggie can say the players don't have the talent so the coaches should get a pass. Honestly if I was player I'd be thinking "hang on, you give us a rookie head coach an a rookie DC so don't expect us to pick up the slack for your rookie coaches".

There was one play against the Bengals were Joselio hanson was in the slot one on one vs AJ Green, obviously Greene broke off a big 40+ yard play. It could be argued that's on Hanson, got make the plays etc however if I was a player on that team I'd be looking at that match up and thinking "wtf are you going Tarver?". It goes both ways.


That mentality is exactly what we have to get rid of. The players are paid professionals, and should be giving their all no matter what the circumstances are. To have that mindset is why the Raiders have a losing culture, and why it will take several years before we see them return to being the feared Nation.

The coaches are being evaluated too. I doubt that they would be given a pass, and I would bet that Reggie has more input next time with coordinators. Being a rookie GM means he's going to make mistakes. Now let's see if he learns from them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaisinBran


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 9410
Location: 925/805
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
I'm so disappointed in the press conference Reggie just through the whole team under the bus.
It's not my fault,it's not the coaches fault, it's the players fault. really

This press conference is worse than Hue's at lest he was 8-8.

Is Reggie wrong though? The team looks like they don't want to win. It seems like on offense Palmer is the only person playing his heart out to win.

Defensively there's a lack of discipline, like always. If we have discipline issues every single season even with new coaches doesn't that tell you that the coaching staff is not the problem? We need to get rid of the guys on our team that lack discipline (which is a lot of them).
_________________
(MLB)=A's, (NFL)=Raiders, (NBA)= Warriors

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 4984
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willis666 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Problem is it works both ways. Coaches and Reggie can say the players don't have the talent so the coaches should get a pass. Honestly if I was player I'd be thinking "hang on, you give us a rookie head coach an a rookie DC so don't expect us to pick up the slack for your rookie coaches".

There was one play against the Bengals were Joselio hanson was in the slot one on one vs AJ Green, obviously Greene broke off a big 40+ yard play. It could be argued that's on Hanson, got make the plays etc however if I was a player on that team I'd be looking at that match up and thinking "wtf are you going Tarver?". It goes both ways.


That mentality is exactly what we have to get rid of. The players are paid professionals, and should be giving their all no matter what the circumstances are. To have that mindset is why the Raiders have a losing culture, and why it will take several years before we see them return to being the feared Nation.

The coaches are being evaluated too. I doubt that they would be given a pass, and I would bet that Reggie has more input next time with coordinators. Being a rookie GM means he's going to make mistakes. Now let's see if he learns from them.



A lot of the players do give their all though, problem is no matter how much a guy like Hanson gives he just simply doesn't have the talent to consistently cover a guy like AJ Greene. It's the same for a lot of the other players.

I have to say the contrast is stark to the reaction Hugh got when he did the same. Agendas and all that I suppose.
_________________
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Matt Flynn is going to do a good job. He has a poise about him and that's good to see. I am ecstatic to welcome him into the Raider Nation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3566
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
bitty wrote:
I'm so disappointed in the press conference Reggie just through the whole team under the bus.
It's not my fault,it's not the coaches fault, it's the players fault. really

This press conference is worse than Hue's at lest he was 8-8.


Quotes? I just read the whole transcript and nothing came off the way you described.


It's just bitty being bitty. Still mad Hue Jackson isn't here being average. Laughing Laughing


No I'm not just bashing the GM. I think what he said is bad for team morale. After the whole Ro thing where a player and a coach have a fight in practice. The team needs to brought together not alienated from the coaching staff.

I guess we'll find out Sunday.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3566
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
bitty wrote:
I'm so disappointed in the press conference Reggie just through the whole team under the bus.
It's not my fault,it's not the coaches fault, it's the players fault. really

This press conference is worse than Hue's at lest he was 8-8.

Is Reggie wrong though? The team looks like they don't want to win. It seems like on offense Palmer is the only person playing his heart out to win.

Defensively there's a lack of discipline, like always. If we have discipline issues every single season even with new coaches doesn't that tell you that the coaching staff is not the problem? We need to get rid of the guys on our team that lack discipline (which is a lot of them).


But a most of the players are new also.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group