Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It Looks Right Now Like Kevin Kolb....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: It Looks Right Now Like Kevin Kolb.... Reply with quote

Will be given an ultimatum this offseason. The word I'm hearing from my guy is that Kolb will be told this offseason that he either restructures his contract will a significant pay decrease (Not a pay restructure, a pay decrease) or he will be released by the team.

This might be the most earth shattering news to a few of you but it's out there now for all to see.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: It Looks Right Now Like Kevin Kolb.... Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Will be given an ultimatum this offseason. The word I'm hearing from my guy is that Kolb will be told this offseason that he either restructures his contract will a significant pay decrease (Not a pay restructure, a pay decrease) or he will be released by the team.

This might be the most earth shattering news to a few of you but it's out there now for all to see.

I think we all knew he wasn't returning under his current contract conditions. Under his current contract he was owed $11.5 million next year, and $10.5 million for 2014-2016. He was never going to see that.

I wonder what figures the FO has in mind. $2 million? $1 million?

Justo on the sig
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This protects the front office, especially before the draft. There are no quality free agent QBs available so it lets you play around a bit in April.

Say you get a guy like Geno and you have Kolb under contract say for one or two million.

Hello backup.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolb has no real reason to resign but He might just don't think he will. At the end of the year I think Lindley the only QB on the roster.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: It Looks Right Now Like Kevin Kolb.... Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I think we all knew he wasn't returning under his current contract conditions. Under his current contract he was owed $11.5 million next year, and $10.5 million for 2014-2016. He was never going to see that.

Not sure where those numbers are from but it looks like...

2013: 14.9
2014: 13.9
2015: 13.9
2016: 11.9

We have all the power here. He's not getting anything close to that on the market given his injury history and track record. If a new staff comes up he may be cut anyway.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Kolb has no real reason to resign but He might just don't think he will. At the end of the year I think Lindley the only QB on the roster.

Oh, I disagree. Show me another team that's gonna give him a chance at a starting job.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

Oh, I disagree. Show me another team that's gonna give him a chance at a starting job.

Just because he resign does not mean he going to be the starter.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

Just because he resign does not mean he going to be the starter.

Hence the word "chance".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neither side really has a lot of leverage. Kolb has not played up to that contract, but he is our best hope to win football games at the moment...so...

should be an interesting off-season anyway. Kolb will probably take the paycut I think. I just can't see him refusing one at this point, but we will see.

sig made by mike23md
younggun1273

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: It Looks Right Now Like Kevin Kolb.... Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

We have all the power here. He's not getting anything close to that on the market given his injury history and track record. If a new staff comes up he may be cut anyway.

I got my numbers from Rotoworld. Here's the link:

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/arz/

I think Kolb resigns. If he were a free agent he would have to compete for a job at a place like KC or Jacksonville but that is assuming they would want him. If not that, than the only teams interested would want him as nothing more than a clear-cut backup. His best opportunity at being a starter is here and I think he will accept the pay cut.

How much they are willing to pay him and what Kolb is willing to accept is tricky. I'm not sure what the going rate for QBs in his situation, so that is why I think it will be about $1-2 million.

Justo on the sig
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Champ, what if he doesn't return to action this year, still think he'll be asked back even with the paycut?

I would imagine that if he's out, even Urban said it would be tough to bring him back.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: It Looks Right Now Like Kevin Kolb.... Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I think Kolb resigns. If he were a free agent he would have to compete for a job at a place like KC or Jacksonville but that is assuming they would want him.

That's also assuming those teams don't draft their QBs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Champ, what if he doesn't return to action this year, still think he'll be asked back even with the paycut?

I would imagine that if he's out, even Urban said it would be tough to bring him back.

All I know is he's going to be asked to take a steep paycut.

He's best off taking it. There's not another team in the league who's gonna give him a better chance to start then we will.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

Agreed, unless Reed gets a HC job right away

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: It Looks Right Now Like Kevin Kolb.... Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I got my numbers from Rotoworld. Here's the link:

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/arz/

I think Kolb resigns. If he were a free agent he would have to compete for a job at a place like KC or Jacksonville but that is assuming they would want him. If not that, than the only teams interested would want him as nothing more than a clear-cut backup. His best opportunity at being a starter is here and I think he will accept the pay cut.

How much they are willing to pay him and what Kolb is willing to accept is tricky. I'm not sure what the going rate for QBs in his situation, so that is why I think it will be about $1-2 million.

1-2 million - you really think it's going to be that low? I'm guessing somewhere more along the line of 4-5 million with him expected back as the favorite to be the starter (mostly since it's a lousy year to draft a QB).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: