Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It Looks Right Now Like Kevin Kolb....
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: It Looks Right Now Like Kevin Kolb.... Reply with quote

Will be given an ultimatum this offseason. The word I'm hearing from my guy is that Kolb will be told this offseason that he either restructures his contract will a significant pay decrease (Not a pay restructure, a pay decrease) or he will be released by the team.

This might be the most earth shattering news to a few of you but it's out there now for all to see.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7211
Location: Tempe
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: It Looks Right Now Like Kevin Kolb.... Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Will be given an ultimatum this offseason. The word I'm hearing from my guy is that Kolb will be told this offseason that he either restructures his contract will a significant pay decrease (Not a pay restructure, a pay decrease) or he will be released by the team.

This might be the most earth shattering news to a few of you but it's out there now for all to see.


I think we all knew he wasn't returning under his current contract conditions. Under his current contract he was owed $11.5 million next year, and $10.5 million for 2014-2016. He was never going to see that.

I wonder what figures the FO has in mind. $2 million? $1 million?
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This protects the front office, especially before the draft. There are no quality free agent QBs available so it lets you play around a bit in April.

Say you get a guy like Geno and you have Kolb under contract say for one or two million.

Hello backup.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boise&cards Fan


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 3123
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolb has no real reason to resign but He might just don't think he will. At the end of the year I think Lindley the only QB on the roster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12451
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: It Looks Right Now Like Kevin Kolb.... Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Will be given an ultimatum this offseason. The word I'm hearing from my guy is that Kolb will be told this offseason that he either restructures his contract will a significant pay decrease (Not a pay restructure, a pay decrease) or he will be released by the team.

This might be the most earth shattering news to a few of you but it's out there now for all to see.


I think we all knew he wasn't returning under his current contract conditions. Under his current contract he was owed $11.5 million next year, and $10.5 million for 2014-2016. He was never going to see that.

I wonder what figures the FO has in mind. $2 million? $1 million?


Not sure where those numbers are from but it looks like...

2013: 14.9
2014: 13.9
2015: 13.9
2016: 11.9

We have all the power here. He's not getting anything close to that on the market given his injury history and track record. If a new staff comes up he may be cut anyway.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Kolb has no real reason to resign but He might just don't think he will. At the end of the year I think Lindley the only QB on the roster.


Oh, I disagree. Show me another team that's gonna give him a chance at a starting job.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boise&cards Fan


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 3123
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Kolb has no real reason to resign but He might just don't think he will. At the end of the year I think Lindley the only QB on the roster.


Oh, I disagree. Show me another team that's gonna give him a chance at a starting job.


Just because he resign does not mean he going to be the starter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Kolb has no real reason to resign but He might just don't think he will. At the end of the year I think Lindley the only QB on the roster.


Oh, I disagree. Show me another team that's gonna give him a chance at a starting job.


Just because he resign does not mean he going to be the starter.


Hence the word "chance".
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shawn


Joined: 02 Nov 2005
Posts: 5953
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neither side really has a lot of leverage. Kolb has not played up to that contract, but he is our best hope to win football games at the moment...so...

should be an interesting off-season anyway. Kolb will probably take the paycut I think. I just can't see him refusing one at this point, but we will see.
_________________

sig made by mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7211
Location: Tempe
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: It Looks Right Now Like Kevin Kolb.... Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Will be given an ultimatum this offseason. The word I'm hearing from my guy is that Kolb will be told this offseason that he either restructures his contract will a significant pay decrease (Not a pay restructure, a pay decrease) or he will be released by the team.

This might be the most earth shattering news to a few of you but it's out there now for all to see.


I think we all knew he wasn't returning under his current contract conditions. Under his current contract he was owed $11.5 million next year, and $10.5 million for 2014-2016. He was never going to see that.

I wonder what figures the FO has in mind. $2 million? $1 million?


Not sure where those numbers are from but it looks like...

2013: 14.9
2014: 13.9
2015: 13.9
2016: 11.9

We have all the power here. He's not getting anything close to that on the market given his injury history and track record. If a new staff comes up he may be cut anyway.


I got my numbers from Rotoworld. Here's the link:

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/arz/


I think Kolb resigns. If he were a free agent he would have to compete for a job at a place like KC or Jacksonville but that is assuming they would want him. If not that, than the only teams interested would want him as nothing more than a clear-cut backup. His best opportunity at being a starter is here and I think he will accept the pay cut.

How much they are willing to pay him and what Kolb is willing to accept is tricky. I'm not sure what the going rate for QBs in his situation, so that is why I think it will be about $1-2 million.
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Champ, what if he doesn't return to action this year, still think he'll be asked back even with the paycut?

I would imagine that if he's out, even Urban said it would be tough to bring him back.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: It Looks Right Now Like Kevin Kolb.... Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Will be given an ultimatum this offseason. The word I'm hearing from my guy is that Kolb will be told this offseason that he either restructures his contract will a significant pay decrease (Not a pay restructure, a pay decrease) or he will be released by the team.

This might be the most earth shattering news to a few of you but it's out there now for all to see.


I think we all knew he wasn't returning under his current contract conditions. Under his current contract he was owed $11.5 million next year, and $10.5 million for 2014-2016. He was never going to see that.

I wonder what figures the FO has in mind. $2 million? $1 million?


Not sure where those numbers are from but it looks like...

2013: 14.9
2014: 13.9
2015: 13.9
2016: 11.9

We have all the power here. He's not getting anything close to that on the market given his injury history and track record. If a new staff comes up he may be cut anyway.


I think Kolb resigns. If he were a free agent he would have to compete for a job at a place like KC or Jacksonville but that is assuming they would want him.


That's also assuming those teams don't draft their QBs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Champ, what if he doesn't return to action this year, still think he'll be asked back even with the paycut?

I would imagine that if he's out, even Urban said it would be tough to bring him back.


All I know is he's going to be asked to take a steep paycut.

He's best off taking it. There's not another team in the league who's gonna give him a better chance to start then we will.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
love2theOLINE


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 3510
Location: racist desert wasteland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Kolb has no real reason to resign but He might just don't think he will. At the end of the year I think Lindley the only QB on the roster.


Oh, I disagree. Show me another team that's gonna give him a chance at a starting job.


Agreed, unless Reed gets a HC job right away
_________________
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.


thanks to sandwhich on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SuperFlyTNT


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 447
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: It Looks Right Now Like Kevin Kolb.... Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Will be given an ultimatum this offseason. The word I'm hearing from my guy is that Kolb will be told this offseason that he either restructures his contract will a significant pay decrease (Not a pay restructure, a pay decrease) or he will be released by the team.

This might be the most earth shattering news to a few of you but it's out there now for all to see.


I think we all knew he wasn't returning under his current contract conditions. Under his current contract he was owed $11.5 million next year, and $10.5 million for 2014-2016. He was never going to see that.

I wonder what figures the FO has in mind. $2 million? $1 million?


Not sure where those numbers are from but it looks like...

2013: 14.9
2014: 13.9
2015: 13.9
2016: 11.9

We have all the power here. He's not getting anything close to that on the market given his injury history and track record. If a new staff comes up he may be cut anyway.


I got my numbers from Rotoworld. Here's the link:

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/arz/


I think Kolb resigns. If he were a free agent he would have to compete for a job at a place like KC or Jacksonville but that is assuming they would want him. If not that, than the only teams interested would want him as nothing more than a clear-cut backup. His best opportunity at being a starter is here and I think he will accept the pay cut.

How much they are willing to pay him and what Kolb is willing to accept is tricky. I'm not sure what the going rate for QBs in his situation, so that is why I think it will be about $1-2 million.


1-2 million - you really think it's going to be that low? I'm guessing somewhere more along the line of 4-5 million with him expected back as the favorite to be the starter (mostly since it's a lousy year to draft a QB).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group