Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypothetical: Brian Brohm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Why would you even ask this?
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
I actually think Brohm should start over Rodgers
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Favre4Ever
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Erin Andrews>Aaron Rodgers
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Justis is an idiot
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

justo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Hypothetical: Brian Brohm Reply with quote

Everyone hates Brian Brohm now, right? Okay. Let's just take him out of Green Bay Packers history. He never gets picked by us in 2008.

QB roster of: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn (Flynn drafted 2008, Favre & Nall leave in offseason)

Favre says he wants to come back to the Packers. Does he start/stay with team? Was Brian Brohm the deciding factor that allowed Brett to walk? If Brohm wasn't here to hedge the bets would the team have traded on of the GOATs in Packers history?
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre dug his grave when he retired. Had nothing to do with Bomb being on the team.
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Favre dug his grave when he retired. Had nothing to do with Bomb being on the team.

+1

I don't see Brohm having anything to do with it. They were ready to move on and Favre's lack of commitment made that easy. Brohm even being on the roster was because they were already committed to moving on from Favre not the other way around.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
umphrey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they knew Brohm sucked 2 weeks into training camp
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umphrey wrote:

**Brohm throws his first pass of camp**

TT&MM: Oh God what have we done.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
umphrey wrote:

Have no idea why they drafted Brohm when they were apparently quite confident with Rodgers. The guy was awful.

I wonder who else we could've picked (reasonably of course, no late round steals).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
ajdodge09 wrote:
umphrey wrote:

Have no idea why they drafted Brohm when they were apparently quite confident with Rodgers. The guy was awful.

I wonder who else we could've picked (reasonably of course, no late round steals).
Chad Henne, Marty Bennett, Terrell Thomas, Earl Bennett, Dan Connor and the best of the all Jamaal Charles were all picked within 20 picks of Brohm.

Kempes on the custom sig!
justo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
ajdodge09 wrote:
umphrey wrote:

Chad Henne, Marty Bennett, Terrell Thomas, Earl Bennett, Dan Connor and the best of the all Jamaal Charles were all picked within 20 picks of Brohm.
A DB that can tackle. A rare breed. Too bad he's on his like 5th ACL at this point.
Blink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure when exactly it was but:

I think the door closed for good when MM and TT flew down to Hattiesburg to try and convince him one last time to come back. After a retirement press conference and flying a friggin plane down to MS, I would've shut that down too.

I don't recall wether or not that was before the draft though.

Wow I forgot how much I hated that Brohm pick. Just like Sanchez and Brady Quinn, I never understood what people saw in him.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that Brohm would have been THAT bad. But I did think that Flynn would be better.

I did like the move though. I see no reason to have an old QB that we already know isn't worthy of starting being the back-up. Especially before Rodgers had really established himself (although if you weren't on board after that 07 preseason, shame on you) as a starter.

Was Brohm an underachiever in the NFL? Or an overachiever in college? Did TT (along with many analysts) whiff or did he just fall flat on his face?

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
dcerb44

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always felt the Brohm pick was mainly to capitalize on an asset that dropped, groom him for a year or so as the backup and trade him for another draft pick in the future while being an insurance policy for Rodge in the meantime.

Also felt Flynn would turn out better but nobody can deny Brohm had all the tools to be a damn good quarterback. Never saw him failing as bad as he ended up doing.

pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: