Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EDIT: Old article about Loggains
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: EDIT: Old article about Loggains Reply with quote

I was reading this article in the Tennessean and it talks about this up and coming Coach (Dowell Loggains, QB coach) who is really making his mark on the team.

He has all the characteristics of a "Sean Payton" "Josh McDaniels" like coach. If he can mature and grow as a leader, I see something there.
Players follow him and others respect him.

Any Thoughts?

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100820/SPORTS01/8200347/2162/Titans+assistant+earns+quarterbacks++respect

Quote:
Yet already Loggains seems to have the respect of his pupils. He's no stranger Loggains is in his fifth season with the Titans, having served the past two years as the offensive quality control coach. He was hired as an administrative assistant in 2006, the year Young was drafted.

Quote:
He has the tenacity, he has the discipline, and he has the willingness to work and do the things necessary to get ready to play," he said. "The guy has been around football his whole life. He loves it and he believes it should be done a certain way. And we'll all respond to that.

Last edited by KingTitan on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
chadpole69

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: A possible Successor to Fisher one day? Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I was reading this article in the Tennessean and it talks about this up and coming Coach (Dowell Loggains, QB coach) who is really making his mark on the team.

He has all the characteristics of a "Sean Payton" "Josh McDaniels" like coach. If he can mature and grow as a leader, I see something there.
Players follow him and others respect him.

Any Thoughts?

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100820/SPORTS01/8200347/2162/Titans+assistant+earns+quarterbacks++respect

Quote:
Yet already Loggains seems to have the respect of his pupils. He's no stranger Loggains is in his fifth season with the Titans, having served the past two years as the offensive quality control coach. He was hired as an administrative assistant in 2006, the year Young was drafted.

Quote:
He has the tenacity, he has the discipline, and he has the willingness to work and do the things necessary to get ready to play," he said. "The guy has been around football his whole life. He loves it and he believes it should be done a certain way. And we'll all respond to that.

Hopefully the guy gets a shot as a OC one of these days. Sounds like a good coach but a lot of these fluff articles build up people to be something they're not. I think a lot of people were excited about Cecil last season but changed their tune a few games into the season.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to c Dinger as Fishers sucessor ir a big name coach such as Bill Cowher.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Fisher goes, I want Dennis Green. No ifs, ands or buts. Why? Because this guy knows how to put some talent together, especially at WR. He's the one who built that awesome offense the Vikings had back in the 90's and 2000's, and he's the one who put that Cardinals offense together. He won't have no subpar or middle-of-the-road talent starting at WR.
Buckeyeboy89

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did i miss something, why are we talking about a successor to fisher?????

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckeyeboy89 wrote:

Because Fisher won't be around forever. I personally believe he's near the end of the road.
.AirMcNair.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher is 52 years old..he's not going anywhere any time soon. He's gonna coach at least til he's 60 imo..

He'll have to be fired to leave this team..which won't happen as long as he wins a superbowl in the next 2 years, which is extremely possible if things keep going the way they are.

^Deadpulse On The Awesomeness^
Adopt A Titan:
Rob Bironas
Shaun Smith
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckeyeboy89 wrote:

I mentioned it as a discussion because this guy is young and most likely won't be ready for years to come.

Fisher isn't coaching forever and if we were lucky enough to win a super bowl this year or upcoming I can see him pulling a Bill Cowher.

Or worst if we bottom out I don't think he can survive mr Adams fury.

Just a discussion topic. Like Dungy was followed by a in house guy just thought maybe we'd be the same.
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
If Fisher goes, I want Dennis Green. No ifs, ands or buts. Why? Because this guy knows how to put some talent together, especially at WR. He's the one who built that awesome offense the Vikings had back in the 90's and 2000's, and he's the one who put that Cardinals offense together. He won't have no subpar or middle-of-the-road talent starting at WR.

I can see it now... "THE TEXANS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!"

He can certainly put together an offense, but he couldn't put together a winner in Arizona.
TD VinceYoung =

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks on Dennis Green instead id take a good cordnatior on another team...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

I can see it now... "THE TEXANS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!"

Ahh, didn't we already say that once back in the '07 season when we allowed the Texans to have that embarassing 29 point 4th quarter explosion against us, and we almost blew that game?
chadpole69

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Shottenheimer or Kyle Shannahan is who I'd want if we were in the market for a new HC.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and foremost. Who do you guys think goes first? Fisher or Adams? I know that's just kind wrong to discuss here, but Adams isn't a young fellow. And personally, I think Fisher is one 10 loss season away from getting canned. I certainly hope that doesn't happen, I still firmly believe Fisher is one of the top 5 coaches in this league, but if something were to happen, I'm not sure we do stay in house. I mean no offense to Heimerdinger, he's a good coordinator, but I've never really thought of him as head coach material. And is there anyone else we have that we would want to take a chance on? The article mentions this young guy, but i know nothing about him.

I agree to the point that in the event that Fisher retires/gets fired, we would probably go after one of the top coordinators.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

No thanks. I think if we got Dennis Green, we'd probably be getting an offensive version of Fisher, only not as good. I'd want someone who's younger, fresher, and has a high ceiling. I think Green maxed out back in '98. And even though he has put together some really good teams in the past, he's never gotten them over the hump. Sound familiar? But i will say that at least Fisher's gotten his team to a Super Bowl. Green can't even say that. IMO, it wouldn't even be a lateral move to get Dennis Green after Jeff Fisher.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOneWayRoad wrote:

No thanks. I think if we got Dennis Green, we'd probably be getting an offensive version of Fisher, only not as good. I'd want someone who's younger, fresher, and has a high ceiling. I think Green maxed out back in '98. And even though he has put together some really good teams in the past, he's never gotten them over the hump. Sound familiar? But i will say that at least Fisher's gotten his team to a Super Bowl. Green can't even say that. IMO, it wouldn't even be a lateral move to get Dennis Green after Jeff Fisher.

Honestly, I can respect your argument and accept your points, especially the stuff I have in bold. I do like the thought of some young new blood getting a shot if/when the time comes. After all, that's how we got Fisher, only he was promoted from within. I do like that Kyle Shannahan kid myself should we ever go that route. But I'd still like to at least add Dennis Green to our scouting team in some way because he'll find the talent. The thing is, after 15 years of enduring Fisher's philosophy (and I'm not taking any shots at him here), I'm really just ready to see something new...a lot more wide open and cutting edge on both sides of the ball. More explosiveness in the passing game to match the run game, and a real mean streak in our defense, mostly that front 7. Know what I mean?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: