Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vincent Jackson v. Champ Bailey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eaglefan5

Location: Sig bet with ttrraavviiss- Maclin has more yards,recs,tds than gibson
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Vincent Jackson v. Champ Bailey Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm in a win or go home situation in fantasy, and I am seriously considering benching Vincent Jackson. He's been a monster this year, but I know Champs shut him down in the past and I really can't afford a 3 catch, 33 yard performance.

My question is has champ been his usual shutdown self this year or is he slowing down? Most of those past match ups came when champ was in his prime and vjax was a young learning receiver.

Also if you guys are into fantasy here's my lineup if you think I should move Jackson in for any of these guys
QB- Brady
WR- Demaryious Thomas
WR- Ryan Broyles
RB- Adrian Peterson
RB- Trent Richardson
TE- Martellus Bennett
FLex- Brandon Pettigrew
Flex - Davonne Bess

its a ppr league

Thanks

Best call of my life
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=348455- September 30, 2009
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one on here can guarantee you "X" amount of points. If your nervous you should be because it Champ Bailey. Champ has been very good this year but has also given up some big plays. Bowe caught for 41 yard last week so take that for what its worth.

I see this game playing out much like last week against KC. Both teams will try to establish the run and feed off of it. Its hard to throw well against this defense if Von and Co. keep getting after the QB like they have. Not many big plays, just methodical offensive plays.

Looking at your lineup I think you would have a toss-up with Devonne Bess but Id likely keep what you have.

Location: Sig bet with ttrraavviiss- Maclin has more yards,recs,tds than gibson
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^thanks man

Best call of my life
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=348455- September 30, 2009
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say that Jersey is right on. You never know with Champ what kind of game he will have. Most likely, he will be shutdown, which is what he normally is. But then again, he will give up a big play every now and then. I mean, he does go up against the top of the tippy top of WRs, and is bound to get burned a few times.

If I were you, and 3.30 points from Jackson wasn't enough, I might bench him. Because, I would look at the game in totality. I might start Jackson if you think Tampa fall behind early then Jackson will get some targets because the Bucs will need to throw to catch up. Then again, if I know that, then the Broncos defense knows that and Freeman will be throwing wildly. And, the problem with this haiku is weird, doesn't makes sense, and...
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Champ has been solid but Vincent could get a touchdown. If I were you I'd bench him for Tom Brady? (extra qb?), or demayius (I can't spell it either), broyles, AP, or trent richardson Not the last three though.
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take VJ in that match up any day of the week. Bailey hasn't been a real shutdown corner in sometime now IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: