Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I aready miss this dude....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phinmun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: I aready miss this dude.... Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQlPhDLNnYU

Nothing relevant but that's just a cool video to watch.

Early in his career before he had those lower-body injuries, he really had some speed which is what I sort of forgot about. His instincts as a runner are the highlight of that video though, I think.

He was so tough to bring down and could burst through the hole like a real top RB should. The play where he broke 6 tackles was a trip to watch, too. He always had that toughness.

To me, it's just amazing to see how superbly talented he really was and how there have actually been a few stand-out players over the last decade in Miami. Not a ton, but clearly, early Ronnie Brown was a BEAST! Twisted Evil
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh all those, my favorite is either:

1. The first one it showed against the jets
2. The last one it showed against the jets
3. One of the ones inbetween against the jets

Laughing

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
skatewood2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss DTRB, he was such a great RB before his injuries started to pile up. If he didn't get injured, I think he could have been the best RB in Miami. Unfortunately he is a shell of his former self right now. I saw him play for SD a couple of weeks ago and he was so average at best. If we could put Tannyhill and DTRB from right out of college together we could be amazing.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still got memories of the majority of you saying he dances too much, now he gets the Bill Clinton treatment. Laughing Laughing Laughing Foolish Mortals

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I think of Ronnie Brown I get depressed wondering what could have been. He was a clearly talented RB that could never be successful due to injuries. Still one of my favorite Dolphins of the last decade.

Nacho Simulation Football League
phinmun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Still got memories of the majority of you saying he dances too much, now he gets the Bill Clinton treatment. Laughing Laughing Laughing Foolish Mortals

He did dance too much! When did I say he didn't? Laughing

Nah, but for real I have shifted my view on that. I will say, I complained about 'dancing' when Cameron was implementing his offense and its ZBS. I see Reggie Bush doing the same thing now which I think is "pressing the line" while waiting for a cut-back lane. When there's limited blocking and no cut-back lane all you can do is dance, so now I understand why we see that so much and why we did back in 2007 as well.

One problem I do credit to Reggie though is his tendency to still break the run outside even when there is a clear lane. To me, this is only going to irritate his blockers. I see a clear difference in the authority of our run-blocking when Thomas & Miller are handed the ball.

In that regard, Ronnie Brown was a great back. Look at those highlights and how well he explodes past his blockers and how well he's able to use them in the second-level.

Ronnie Brown had instincts as a running back because early on he had speed, power and vision all available to him.

To me, Reggie Bush is limited because his power is very low and he's actually limited in his vision so much as I can tell. He misses way too many creases and lanes with his tendency to bounce it outside. I don't think, at this point in his career, he's going to change who he is.

Good dude. Superb work ethic. Excellent runner. Average RB.

But this was really just a thread to comment on how ballin' Ronnie Brown was for a few years here. Great character, too. Wish he could've had greater success in Philly or San Diego.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved early Ronnie Brown. He just wasn't the same after the knee injury. It looked like he danced around more after that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
I loved early Ronnie Brown. He just wasn't the same after the knee injury. It looked like he danced around more after that.

I completely agree with Jaytotha. DTRB was on track to be a great RB until he got injured the first time. Once that happened he started really dancing and could not return to his form.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Dolphin Dave

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:

I still stand by it. He danced in the hole to much. He was a good running back but Ricky was way better IMO.

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bust.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good running back, one of my all time favorite players but also one of the most frustrating. Never got even close to his potential (besides the Cameron year) due to his hesitance.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90L64yOfzpw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I do not see why people loved Ronnie Brown so much.

He underachieved, was always injured, and for a 230 RB....hit the hole like a "scat" back. He never developed into the "take the game over" type of running back. He was drafted solely because Ricky Williams decided that weed was better then football and still had only a portion of the ability Ricky had. Ronnie Brown had limited vision and somewhat poor instincts as a RB....the physical tributes where there....they just didn't translate to field as well as they should have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: