Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'm bored Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: I'm bored Mock Draft Reply with quote

1. Eric Reid - The Steelers need a young developmental safety. R. Clark has had a few concussions and Troy as been injured almost every year. The Steelers need to get some quality so there isn't much drop off.

2. Brandon Jenkins - There is never a good time for injury but Brandon Jenkins falls to the Steelers in the 2nd round. Great outside pass rusher and one of the main reason the FSU had a huge resurgence on defense.

3.Marcus Lattimore - J. Dwyer isn't going to cut it. The Steelers are going to need some insurance if Dwyer fails to come to camp in shape. With Mendenhall probably gone and Redman probably with a low tender. The Steelers are going to need a viable RB. Lattimore has been injured the pass few years, but I think he's worth a shot.

4. Tyler Bray - The Steelers need to invest in a young back up to mold behind Big Ben. I believe Tyler Bray will fall like Ryan Mallet did.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ried is a reach at this point. I like him a lot but he is very inconsistent. Earlier in the season I would have agreed but not after seeing his full body of work. Things could change after the combine, though.

I like Brandon Jenkins.

Huge risk on Lattimore in the 3rd. I wouldn't touch him until the 6th. He won't even play in 2013. You have no idea if he will be even remotely the same player.

I could live with Tyler Bray. I hate to take a back up QB that early but after the last 2 seasons it must be done.
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong, but I don't think Lattimore is going to declare. He has the option to redshirt next year and play in 2014, entering the 2015 draft. I love the first two picks though.

Go Noles!
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing is for sure until the combine. But the what I do know is quality safety has to be taken.

Lattimore I believe will declare, because he won't risk getting injured three years in a row. His body of work is big enough as week speak to be a legitimate pick for a team. If he does stay I could see the Steelers maybe grabbing Monte Ball or maybe even Ray Graham. But I don't believe the Steelers roll into the season believing Dwyer the guy to much to risk. Unless they resign Mendenhall for cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
I think Ried is a reach at this point. I like him a lot but he is very inconsistent. Earlier in the season I would have agreed but not after seeing his full body of work. Things could change after the combine, though.

I like Brandon Jenkins.

Huge risk on Lattimore in the 3rd. I wouldn't touch him until the 6th. He won't even play in 2013. You have no idea if he will be even remotely the same player.

I could live with Tyler Bray. I hate to take a back up QB that early but after the last 2 seasons it must be done.

This. But definitely feel Bray should wait another year and don't like his delivery point, its somewhat 3/4 arm.

...you have a forum resume?
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I feel like everybody who is doing mock drafts now, all are drunk.

Eric reid, not even close...

Brandon jenkins' value isn't in 2nd round, its later.

Lattimore, haha... this have imissericgreen signature all over.

Tyler bray won't declare.
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Cierre Wood or Marcus Dyer in the 3rd but Giovanni Bernard, Mike Gillislee Johnathan Franklin are the best RB in this draft. Eri Reid & Brandon Jenkins are highly overrated.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be very wary about Jenkins. I liked him alot, but no chance do I touch him in the 2nd
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
At this point I feel like everybody who is doing mock drafts now, all are drunk.

Eric reid, not even close...

Brandon jenkins' value isn't in 2nd round, its later.

Lattimore, haha... this have imissericgreen signature all over.

Tyler bray won't declare.

So what your saying is that we should just shut down this message board? Cool story, bro!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: draft Reply with quote

after decatros fall last year i dont think anybody can say "no way so and so will fall to us." i dont mind eric reid but i wouldnt touch jenkins till at least the third.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Reid may fall out of the first round. Might want to actually think about staying but I think more exposure may only serve to hurt his stock. He is a playmaker but there are many questions that have had time to percolate.

Brandon Jenkins has one injury a lis-franc foot injury. I would imagine we wont see him test at the combine, perhaps some light workouts near the end of the draft.

Coming into the year I felt he was the best rushing OLB prospect for 2013. I'd be comfortable with the risk in the 3rd round.

We have taken prospects with injury concerns in the past. Casey Hampton & Heath Miller to name a couple, both of which had major questions at draft time.

Lattimore and Mauti have been injured enough to drop both to the bottom of the draft, perhaps a team with extra picks in a mid to late round would be a great option.

...you have a forum resume?
kethnaab

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lisfranc is nasty.

I liked Jenkins quite a bit before the season. It'll require us to see how the lisfranc heals though
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Eric Reid may fall out of the first round. Might want to actually think about staying but I think more exposure may only serve to hurt his stock. He is a playmaker but there are many questions that have had time to percolate.

Brandon Jenkins has one injury a lis-franc foot injury. I would imagine we wont see him test at the combine, perhaps some light workouts near the end of the draft.

Coming into the year I felt he was the best rushing OLB prospect for 2013. I'd be comfortable with the risk in the 3rd round.

We have taken prospects with injury concerns in the past. Casey Hampton & Heath Miller to name a couple, both of which had major questions at draft time.

Lattimore and Mauti have been injured enough to drop both to the bottom of the draft, perhaps a team with extra picks in a mid to late round would be a great option.

I picked a lot of underclassmen, because the Steelers have taken some young players recently.

I highly doubt the Steelers get any of these players, because there is so much uncertainty till you see, actual game tape of a player. I haven't watch much of any of these players other then Lattimore and a game or two of FSU.

I new of Eric Reid from last year and he player really well. But this year doing some reading he hasn't played as well. But there is obviously potential there.

But the truth is that the Steelers aren't at a huge need at OLB at least not to take it in the first. I'd rather have them get a playmaking DB.

I just don't see a huge need right now. Fans are quick to draft a OLB the Steelers are gonna at least try Worilds before they just move on. But the reality is that the Steelers could lose Wallace and Mendenhall factor in that Troy as well as Clark are older while suffering injuries. I would like Te'o, but unless he takes a DeCastro slide I don't see that happening.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a long way off from seeing how these prospects will fall out after "all-star" games, combine testing, pro days, etc., but just like last year, we were in need of some serious OL help, this year we have critical needs at S, NT, ILB and OLB. Worilds and Carrter just haven't proven to be at the level the Steeler's have come to expect at the position, IMO.

Anyway, I wouldn't be shocked to see the first 3 Rds going all D.

I know Wallace is a huge "?", as is Mendy, but Sanders has developed nicely and AB is proving last year was no fluke. This year's crop of WR prospects seem to be deep, so finding one in the 4th should be realistic. At RB, I don't see a true top talent, so we may be forced to roll w/ what we have for another year.

If I were to draft (which the Steelers don't do, of course) based on need and priority, it would look something like this, position-wise:

1. S/NT
2. NT/S
3. ILB
4. WR
5. OLB
6. RB
7. QB

I think we are set pretty well at CB, TE, and OL.

Can't wait for the "draft season" to start, since this regular season has pretty much been flushed!!

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda liked Charlie Campbells' positions he took, since Im not a huge college football addict.

1. ILB Ogletree (clearly our 2nd biggest need)
2. S Elam (our biggest need, and I like his size)
3. RB Montee Ball (I know 43 will yell that it's too high for a RB, but if we lose 2 of our 3 RB's, then I really like this pick. I love the way this kid plays.)

Im just not as concerned with NT as many Steelers fans are. I think as Kethy has stated we should rearrange it so: McLendon-Hood-Heyward as our dline, and to me, the 1st-2nd round is too high to draft a backup, behind a very young defensive line like that. Maybe Ta'amu comes back too, and then I'd be even less concerned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: