Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mkluvin1515's Mock Offseason V1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mkluvin1515

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Mkluvin1515's Mock Offseason V1.0 Reply with quote

Hey all, I’m Mkluvin1515 & I’m a huge Eagles fan who’s been a reader of FootballsFuture for yrs now but for some reason never joined as a poster. I especially enjoy mock offseason posts & w/ the coming “opportunity” this offseason for our franchise I figured I’d do one of my own & see what you guys think. Please feel free to offer suggestions, tear it apart, troll it, etc I won’t be offended haha. A few disclaimers though:

- I don’t believe there’s a true franchise QB in the draft class this yr, so I figure we stick w/ Foles & if he totally sucks we draft one next yr. Either way we surround our QB w/ the best tools & situation for him to succeed and lead us back to competitiveness.
- My draft is based on the current order as of 11/26 & player availability is based as best as I could on mock drafts & projections. Obviously it’s still very early in the evaluation process and projections are all over the place especially in later rounds. Trades are made using the draft value chart & expected positions of need.
- I did a ton of research on our current cap situation & our ability to cut certain players after this season. Having said that if any cut cripples us penalty-wise, please let me know so I can evaluate it.

Thanks & fire away!

Coaching Changes

Andy Reid “resigns” at the end of the 2012 season & his staff is fired

Head Coach – Greg Roman
Hired due to his success not only running the 49ers offense but also leading the development of Colin Kaepernick & Alex Smith(which is frankly a miracle) into starting caliber NFL QB’s.
Offensive Coordinator – Pat Shurmur
Roman gives Shurmur a pass on his brief tenure as head coach of the Browns after their new ownership decides to cleans house. Shurmur has prior coaching experience w/ both the Eagles & at Stanford and showed promise during his yr as offensive coordinator w/ the Rams.
Defensive Coordinator – John Hoke
Roman brings in Hoke to run his defense after working together for the Texans in the past. Hoke has made Chris Tillman look like an elite CB this yr & has been a huge part of the Bear’s defensive success a whole.

Rest of coaching positions are filled through Greg Roman’s coaching tree

Players Taking Pay Cuts To Stay

Brent Celek
Drops way too many balls & has been an average NFL TE at best over the past couple seasons.
Jason Peters
On the wrong side of 30 & is coming back from a major injury.
Cullen Jenkins
Has played ok but not to the level we’re paying him at. Knowing this he takes a pay cut to stick around.
Nnamdi Asomugha
I genuinely believe a lot of his issues since he’s been here (along w/ DRC) can be attributed to scheme & poor safety play. Having said that, no way we keep him around unless he agrees to a pay cut.

Cuts

Michael Vick
We’re moving on plain & simple.
Dion Lewis
Odd RB out in our backfield.
Jason Avant
Paying him way too much to be a #3 WR that can’t stay on the field.
Riley Cooper
Much like Celek drops way too many balls & aside from the rare great catch is never much of a red zone threat.
Demetress Bell
Worst OT performance this season I’ve ever seen watching the NFL. I don’t know what’s more amazing, the fact that he still has a job or how much we pay him?
Matt Tennant
Who?
Danny Watkins
His heart clearly was never into playing football, got the paycheck though.
Mike Patterson
Can’t stay on the field plus we have the depth to move on & get younger.
Casey Mathews
Not a bust as many seem to believe(he was only a 4th rounder after all) but definitely not an NFL LB.
Jason Williams
Who?
Kurt Coleman
An ok backup at best but definitely not a starter.

Re-signings

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
As I mentioned earlier I believe a lot of his issues can be attributed to scheme & poor safety play. He’s clearly talented so we give him a mid-term deal w/ the ability to cut him early if his play continues to disappoint.
Akeem Jordan
Solid back up & special teams player, no reason not to keep him around.
Jon Dorenbos
Best long-snapper ever, here until he decides to retire.
Colt Anderson
Similar to Dorenbos except when it comes to special teams, here until his body says otherwise.

Free Agent Signings

Matt Moore
Has shown glimpses during his time w/ the Dolphins & Panthers and is a solid back up QB at worst. Takes a short-term deal for the opportunity challenges Foles for the starting job.
Dwayne Bowe
This is where we spend some serious $$$. Has played consistently well despite the poor QB play for the Chiefs since he was drafted. Comes in to be our #1 WR for yrs to come as well as force secondaries to pay attention to something other than Jackson/Maclin going deep. Wants out of Kansas City so we outbid everyone else for him.
Jason Smith
Has clearly been a huge bust up until this point in his career. We give him a short-term deal due to his physical tools so he can take one last shot at an NFL career.
Glenn Dorsey
Also generally considered a bust although I think he’s just better suited as a 4-3 DT than a 3-4 DE. Takes a mid-term deal to come in & play the position he once dominated in college.

2013 Draft

The Eagles trade their 1st rd pick (#5) to the Bills for their 1st rd pick (#8), their 3rd rd pick (#72), & their 2014 3rd rd pick¹
Te’o drops from the #1 pick some mocks have him now after the combine brings him back down to earth a bit physically. The Bills are desperate to bring him in as the leader of their new(& expensive) 4-3 scheme, so they make a trade to move up 3 spots.
The Eagles trade their 1st rd pick (#8) to the Dolphins for their 1st rd pick (#14) & their 2nd rd pick (#55 via the Colts)²
Even more so than the Bills need a leader for their defense, the Dolphins NEED a #1 WR. They make a trade to move up 6 spots to take Allen their top WR going into draft day.

1st rd¹² – Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
Doesn’t get a ton of hype playing in the MAC, but has all the tools & ideal attitude to be the anchor of our offensive line for a long time. We reach a bit here to take him.
2nd rd – Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
A rather weak safety class allows him to fall to us early in the 2nd round. Just happens to also be a need.
2nd rd² – Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
A great leader & all around beast LB prospect. We also reach a bit here to take him.
3rd rd – Omoregie Uzzi G Georgia Tech
Solid OL prospect especially in regards to run-blocking. Brought in for depth.
3rd rd¹ – Everett Dawkins DT Florida State
A key member to FSU’s impressive defensive line this draft class. Also brought in for depth.
4th rd – Tyron Mathieu CB LSU
Great talent at CB even if undersized & kick-return weapon we haven’t had in…let’s just say awhile. We reach a bit after a great interview at the combine that he’s turned around off the field
5th rd – Ryan Griffin TE UConn
Relatively little-known pass catcher that slides on draft day. He comes in to challenge our TE’s for playing time.
6th rd – Ray Ray Armstrong S Faulkner College
6th rd – James Ferentz C Iowa
7th rd – Russell Shepard WR LSU

Going Into Training Camp

QB – Foles, Moore, Edwards
RB – McCoy, Brown, Polk
FB – Havili
WR – Bowe, Jackson, Maclin, Johnson, Shepard
TE – Celek, Harbor, Griffin
LT – Peters, Smith
LG – Mathis, Menkin
C – Kelce, Ferentz
RG – Herremans, Uzzi
RT – Fisher, Kelly

LE – Graham, Curry
RE – Cole, Hunt
DT – Jenkins, Cox, Dorsey, Thornton, Dawkins
SLB – Greene, Chaney
MLB – Ryans, Rau
WLB – Kendricks, Jordan
CB – Asomugah, Rodgers-Cromartie, Boykin, Marsh, Mathieu
FS – Vaccaro, Anderson
SS – Allen, Sims, Armstrong
K – Henery
P – McBriar
LS – Dorenbos

Version 1.1
1.1 - Changed OC from Mike McCoy to Pat Shurmur

Last edited by Mkluvin1515 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a quick note, why would McCoy leave Denver for the same job in Philadelphia?

He gets to play offensive coordinator for a Super Bowl contender with one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of football.

Coaching Peyton could define his career and legacy.
Leaving Denver for Philadelphia could completely destroy his resume (Todd Bowles).

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
philyeagles3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCoy would be great, just not possible.

Would rather not "reach" considering the prospects aren't even that great. Just draft Luke Joeckel and solidify our line. The dude is good in a weak class, must get IMO.

If we must trade down, stock pile picks for next year when the 2014 class is full of studs.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mccoy would never leave for a lateral move.

Watkins is trying, the problem is mental and he's salary is fully guaranteed.

Riley Cooper is a Nice backup/ST player

If someone takes te'o in top 10 let alone number 1 i better be drinking so i Can snort it out of my nose.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
hexagrams

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hoke has made Chris Tillman look like an elite CB this yr

As someone who has lived in WI and Chicago, I can simply say that Peanut Tillman has been one of the most underated CBs, if not players, in all of football. He has been playing at a very high level for a very long time.

As far as the mock, I don't mind it. Building on the OL is priority. I don't think Tyron lasts until the 4th, especially after Jenkins went in the second last year.

-phire-
Mkluvin1515

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed offensive coordinator was definitely the hardest part of my mock, I couldn't seem to find many decent candidates w/ a prior relationship w/ Greg Roman other than his current rb's coach. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: