Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Discuss: Are we better off switching to a 3-4 Next year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I'd rather retain Bennett, to be honest. He's got some hustle when he's on a snap count.

Ehh the more I watch Bennett the more I see him as expendable. He really seems suited as a rotational player that won't be worth the money he'll command on the open market. He's not really a good consistant pass rusher nor brings it every series or even game.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does almost every single 4-3 team assume they will get better switching to the 3-4??

We are fine with the 4-3. If we had Clayborne and another decent tackle next to McCoy we would have a scary D-line

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Why does almost every single 4-3 team assume they will get better switching to the 3-4??

We are fine with the 4-3. If we had Clayborne and another decent tackle next to McCoy we would have a scary D-line

Because its easier to find OLB pass rushers in the 3-4 then it is a 4-3 pass rushing DE. The most challenging part is finding 7 compotent pieces to run it.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Because its easier to find OLB pass rushers in the 3-4 then it is a 4-3 pass rushing DE. The most challenging part is finding 7 compotent pieces to run it.

We have both....actually we have 3.

Clayborne
Bennett
Bowers

And all are still getting better. Only problem is at the start of the year Bowers was hurt, then when he came back, Clayborne got hurt.

And also we have no one next to McCoy. We are 1 pro-bowl caliber DT away from having the best D-line in the league(IMO)

And we have the major pieces...if we were to go 3-4 who would be our passrushers? This is not Madden where we cant take our ends and move them to the outside spots...

and on top of that 3-4 passrushers that are good are hard to find. Most teams only got 1(Dallas, Baltimore, KC,)
And a lot of teams have no good ones at all(San Diego, NYJ, New England, Miami)

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Laughing
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
indifference wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Clayborne
Bennett
Bowers

And all are still getting better. Only problem is at the start of the year Bowers was hurt, then when he came back, Clayborne got hurt.

And also we have no one next to McCoy. We are 1 pro-bowl caliber DT away from having the best D-line in the league(IMO)

And we have the major pieces...if we were to go 3-4 who would be our passrushers? This is not Madden where we cant take our ends and move them to the outside spots...

and on top of that 3-4 passrushers that are good are hard to find. Most teams only got 1(Dallas, Baltimore, KC,)
Why are you asking me a question like I am suggesting a 3-4 move Confused

And no, more 3-4 OLB pass rushers are easy to find than it is a 4-3 pass rusher.

Redskins have Orakpo AND Kerrigan by the way. Houston has Barwin and Brooks. Broncos have Dumveril and Miller. Steelers have Woodley and Harrison. 49ers with Ahmad Brooks and Aldon Smith. Colts with Freeney and Mathis. I had no idea Cameron Wake(Dolphins), Shaun Phillips(Chargers), Chandler Jones (Patriots) weren't good news to me. Not sure where your getting the idea of these concepts.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
indifference wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Clayborne
Bennett
Bowers

Why are you asking me a question like I am suggesting a 3-4 move Confused

And no, more 3-4 OLB pass rushers are easy to find than it is a 4-3 pass rusher.

Redskins have Orakpo AND Kerrigan by the way. Houston has Barwin and Brooks. Broncos have Dumveril and Miller. Steelers have Woodley and Harrison. 49ers with Ahmad Brooks and Aldon Smith. Colts with Freeney and Mathis. I had no idea Cameron Wake(Dolphins), Shaun Phillips(Chargers), Chandler Jones (Patriots) weren't good news to me. Not sure where your getting the idea of these concepts.

Also, KC has Houston and Hali, Baltimore has Paul Kruger opposite Suggs, Packers have Matthews and Perry. Don't the Rams have a 3-4 with Long and Quinn?
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....but we have Bennet, Clayborne, AND Bowers....

We already have the pieces in place to have a elite line, we just need to stay healthy and find a DT to line up next to McCOy, why would we throw away what we have to start over?

And if we do switch to a 3-4 we might be like the Chargers and have 0 passrushers

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Laughing
5nick5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're better at the 4-3. Switching to the 3-4 would just make building this defense a longer process. We're only a few pieces away. Guys just need to stay healthy on the d-line and we'll be fine.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
We're better at the 4-3. Switching to the 3-4 would just make building this defense a longer process. We're only a few pieces away. Guys just need to stay healthy on the d-line and we'll be fine.

I agree that we're better off staying at a 4-3, but I disagree that we're close. We basically need at least 2 more corners assuming Leo Johnson develops into a starter (probably no more than a #2 though). We also need more players at DL, and will need to replace Barber before we get there.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

I agree that we're better off staying at a 4-3, but I disagree that we're close. We basically need at least 2 more corners assuming Leo Johnson develops into a starter (probably no more than a #2 though). We also need more players at DL, and will need to replace Barber before we get there.

We can get 1 corner in FA and 1 in the draft, we can draft or sign some d-line depth, and we can also draft a Safety. Granted a lot of things need to go right for that to happen.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

We already have the pieces in place to have a elite line, we just need to stay healthy and find a DT to line up next to McCOy, why would we throw away what we have to start over?

And if we do switch to a 3-4 we might be like the Chargers and have 0 passrushers

Shaun Phillips gets no respect. Dude's a badass. Problem is he is the only badass in their front seven.

Aside from that, I agree. I think our defense would be worse if we switched to a 3/4.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

I'm not sure were that close. We need a DT next to McCoy and a pass rusher outside on the edge. Watching all the games this year we seriously struggle to get in the face of qbs. I mean Carson Palmer and Phillip rivers had all day to throw. All day. We've struggled to get pressure against average offensive lines. I mean Atlantas oline handled our guys.
mzerv00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

I'm not sure were that close. We need a DT next to McCoy and a pass rusher outside on the edge. Watching all the games this year we seriously struggle to get in the face of qbs. I mean Carson Palmer and Phillip rivers had all day to throw. All day. We've struggled to get pressure against average offensive lines. I mean Atlantas oline handled our guys.

I agree with you Red. McCoy is constantly doubled. If we have another solid DT and add another DE, our line would be dangerous. I would keep Bowers and Bennett as depth.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Shaun Phillips gets no respect. Dude's a badass. Problem is he is the only badass in their front seven.

Aside from that, I agree. I think our defense would be worse if we switched to a 3/4.

He is, but he is climbing up there in age and he has not been able to stay healthy...for 3 seasons now?

Bolts have been trying to find a replacement for Shawn Merriman since 06, going into 2013 they are still searching

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: