Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Former Colts OC Moore Hired as Offensive Assistant
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Former Colts OC Moore Hired as Offensive Assistant Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports: Former Colts OC Tom Moore has been brought in by the #Titans to provide advice. Moore attended Thursday practice

Quote:
@terrymc13: Tom Moore at #Titans practice Thursday working with Jake Locker and WRs.

Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was excited until I saw he was most recently with the Jats and Mark Sanchez. Laughing

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mesa_Titan"]I was excited until I saw he was most recently with the Jats and Mark Sanchez. Laughing[/quote]

Hey, what's the man gonna do? Sanchez is just a bust through and through. Can't blame a guy for not making a masterpiece when he's working with horse manure.

Locker on the other hand? I think that's a pretty nice material.

PS: I'm guessing Loggains requested this. I don't think they'd bring him in unless Loggains wanted it. I'd be pretty happy if our passing offense resembled the 98-08 Colts. Lots of play action, deep shots downfield.
How do y'all feel about Jared Cook in the Dallas Clark role? That sounds pretty awesome to me.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatTitansFan wrote:
How do y'all feel about Jared Cook in the Dallas Clark role? That sounds pretty awesome to me.

I'm done with Cook. He's played like absolute trash since requesting that trade. He shouldn't even be seeing the field with how he's played as of late.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great hire for the Titans, but I highly doubt the offense will be similar to the Colts of old. Moore implemented his famous system on Manning in 99, and it put everything on Manning's vast intelligence. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Locker is not smart enough to implement that system and basically run an offense himself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
Great hire for the Titans, but I highly doubt the offense will be similar to the Colts of old. Moore implemented his famous system on Manning in 99, and it put everything on Manning's vast intelligence. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Locker is not smart enough to implement that system and basically run an offense himself.

I've never given him an IQ test so I don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

Touche

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

Touche

Indeed. I wont go as far and say that Locker is as smart as Peyton Manning football wise, but I would say that he can run the no huddle just as good as Peyton can. He truly excels in that role, seems unstoppable in it at times.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:

That's really not fair to say at this point because we really don't know what Locker is fully capable of or how well he'll develop in this system. He still has yet to even play 16 games combined, let alone start 16, so he's still working through a rookie season. He needs time to develop and take all of his lumps before anybody can determine how well, or if, he can run an offense himself.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the hire simply because there's no reason not to. Laughing

With Loggains taking over as OC, we needed to bring in someone that could work with Jake, and I'm more than fine with that being Moore. Doubt this will have a huge impact in the next month, but should mean good things for Locker going into his first full offseason as the unquestioned starter.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't hurt, I don't guess.
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. He can't hurt Locker's development, all he can do is enhance it. I think with this latest hire Bud is signing on to Munch & Locker for the near future. I can't see Bud wasting money on bringing in a guy that Munch & Loggains wanted to develop Locker, it he plans to can the whole lot of them in January. Jerry Gray on the other hand better not be to comfortable.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:

It's not that Manning is so freaking smart (which he is), but the guy has a photographic memory. He looks at a page for a few seconds, and knows the play by heart (what the routes are, who lines up where, etc.).

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

It's not that Manning is so freaking smart (which he is), but the guy has a photographic memory. He looks at a page for a few seconds, and knows the play by heart (what the routes are, who lines up where, etc.).

With that big [inappropriate/removed] head, he should have an amazing memory.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

With that big [inappropriate/removed] head, he should have an amazing memory.
Laughing

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: