Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyrann Mathieu
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
No need to "Munson" ourselves out of a draft pick. I'd stay clear of Tyrann Mathieu unless he was as an UDFA.

Well done sir. Well done.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
King Pin? Have I missed something?
This.

If it was "King pin activity" then why isn't he in jail right now?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
This.

Could be awaiting trial and is declaring now to cover legal expenses.

IDK the full details but what I heard was that when he got pinched he had a scale and I think it was a lot of weed. He isn't Tony Montana or anything but it would appear it goes beyond him just being a pot head.

Free Ray Rice
drd23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
This.

According to this article in the Washington Post, its was one of the three other former players that were arrested with him that was charged with possession with intent to distribute. Whether that guy was just a fall guy is probably what was in question given that it was at Mathieu's apartment and probably where the "kingpin" stuff comes from.

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks.

I wasn't high on him before all of this stuff, so this stuff just seals the deal. He's a great college player, but I don't see him doing much in the NFL aside from a few splash plays here and there.

Then you add in not only did he get into trouble, he continued to get into trouble enough to be kicked off his team. Then he comes out and says how he's going to turn his life around and play at LSU again, and then a few short months later he's toking up yet again.

The kid isn't going to learn. He's going to be a poor man's Pacman Jones IMO, and that's far from a good thing.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
This.

According to this article in the Washington Post, its was one of the three other former players that were arrested with him that was charged with possession with intent to distribute. Whether that guy was just a fall guy is probably what was in question given that it was at Mathieu's apartment and probably where the "kingpin" stuff comes from.

This. There are rumors flying around that some in the scouting community (pro scouts) are VERY worried about him, many of whom wouldn't even touch him because they've heard stories about him not just being involved in the recreation of drugs, but has been a key organizer of its distribution.

The above may or may not be true, but most of this mock draft process is hearing tidbits of information that may or may not be true. Perhaps if Tyrann had moved to stay with Patrick Peterson's family in Florida from the get-go, I might've been more willing to not believe the above rumors. Perhaps if he'd stuck true to his word of taking a year off from football and coming back for the 2013 collegiate season, I'd have been less likely to believe it. But he didn't do any of those things.

Instead, I just read about a guy who is and has been attached to an entourage- Era Nation- that goes around partying in clubs and having fun (nothing wrong with this outright... but whenever I hear about athletes getting into trouble... it's at a club.. with an entourage). If someone in "The Honey Badger's" entourage is dealing... I'm sorry, but I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt and simply say... "oh, he's just looking to have some fun". At best he's guilty of consistently making VERY poor judgments.. and at worse, he truly is/has been involved in distribution... and considering his past and considering how many athletes with his similar track record haven't been able to shake their issues/entourage at the professional level (it only becomes worse with money)... I'm not taking my chances.

You know what? I say, give me Matt Elam and call it a day. If we're truly looking for a defensive back to add to our secondary- give me Elam. I've said all along that he's the best safety in this class. Sure it may take a 2nd round pick to get him vs. a flyer on him late in the draft, but I'm also not very worried about him making it rain in the club or getting himself attached to a trouble making entourage that he hasn't been able to break himself from.

I MIGHT consider Tyrann if he went undrafted, but only then. Draft picks are much too valuable IMO to take monumental risks and call it a mulligan. The last thing we need to worry about is Jimmy Smith thinking he needs to get down with Era Nation too because he wants to make it rain like his boy Matheiu.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will take a late 1st/early 2nd to get Elam Wink

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
It will take a late 1st/early 2nd to get Elam Wink

Yeah, his "stock" has apparently risen closer to what I've seen all along. The guy looks like he's going to be the next great safety in the NFL IMO. Probably not Ed Reed/Troy Polamalu/Bob Sanders, but he's going to be better than Earl Thomas and the few other talented safeties to come out in recent memory sans maybe Mark Barron or Eric Berry (assuming he returns to form). And really, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Elam was able to play on a Troy P/Sanders level... he's no Ed though.

But still his stock does still appear to be in the early 2nd moreso than 1st, from what I've seen. That and the fact that safety value tends to fall some come draft day. Like I said, if we're looking for a defensive back... which is probably only going to happen if Reed retires or moves onto another team... than Matt Elam late 1st/early 2nd- I wouldn't mind either way. Obviously the proposition did sound better when he was considered a late 2nd round guy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elam is the only safety I would be happy with the Ravens taking in the first or second round. Everybody else in that range is too much of a FS/SS hybrid in my opinion and that's not what the defense will need if/when Reed isn't with them anymore.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing what Kiper and Shefter have said, Mathieu's looking like a 3rd or 4th rounder right now, maybe 5th at the latest. 3rd is too high to gamble on him IMO, but still may take the flier in the 4th and especially 5th. I don't know, I see both sides of the argument but I just think he could be a great weapon for us on D. I just keep thinking of his versatility on special teams and what we could do with him out of nickel packages.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
Hearing what Kiper and Shefter have said, Mathieu's looking like a 3rd or 4th rounder right now, maybe 5th at the latest.

This is before the Combine though.

5'9" 175 pound DBs better be the best player in their group and have no off field issues. Matthieu fails in the latter, and the former is yet to be determined, but very unlikely.

To me, he's undraftable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: