Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian schottenheimer sucks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramsnut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Brian schottenheimer sucks! Reply with quote

Yep! He has multitalented offensive players and cant orchestrate TD's! Im not sure the man could orchestrate taking a dump! This is freakin ridiculous! The Rams seem to start out fast in the 1st QTR's but fizzle the remainder of the game. I dont know how many times Ive seen him call for a throw on 3rd and short, just give the dam ball to SJ39! Sorry if this has already been mentioned. Just needed to vent
yrba1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did put up a good gameplan against the Niners last week. Think

I'd say he's more on the lines as inconsistent.
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what you will, but I can't remember the last time the Rams were actually able to score in the redzone this consistently, especially passing the ball. I know it's frustrating seeing missed opportunities, but think of how many times the gameplan just looked terrible in the redzone. One thing I will say...they can pass it, but sure can't run it in the endzone. That is a mystery to me.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hardly sucks, as a coach its veryyy easy to "overplan" and overthink during the game. Remember the players also have to execute the plays. Furthermore, you cannot overlook how poorly the defense played today as well. Try not to just blame one coach or player. Instead realize this team is new, young and inexperienced apart from a couple members Fisher being one of them and it just goes to show you that even one of the best can lose.

The future of this team is very promising.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a break.

Let me show you some statistics that tell you otherwise.

Before today's game:
- Rams have 450+ yards in 3 of last 8 games. Zero times in previous 82 games.
NOTE: Rams' 1999 SB team had 450+ yards in 3 reg-sea games.

- Rams have 161 points this year.
NOTE: Rams had 193 points last year. Rams need 14 points today to match 2009 total for full season.

- Rams have 2 more passing TDs this year than they had in 2011. Same as they had in all of 2008. One shy of 2009 total.

All of this information is from the great Mike Sando of ESPN.com.

Sounds like Brian Schottenheimer is building quite the resume for a head coaching job. Which sucks.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had similar problems with the Jets. I definitely sympathize with you.

He's certainly capable of putting together a fantastic gameplan, but he's so inconsistent it's maddening. As someone pointed out, there are times he goes a little overboard and overplans things. When he was in NY, we used to joke the bye week was a terrible thing because it gave Schotty too much time to out-think himself.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
He had similar problems with the Jets. I definitely sympathize with you.

He's certainly capable of putting together a fantastic gameplan, but he's so inconsistent it's maddening. As someone pointed out, there are times he goes a little overboard and overplans things. When he was in NY, we used to joke the bye week was a terrible thing because it gave Schotty too much time to out-think himself.

That's exactly what I said in the GDT. Schotty needs to learn how to keep it simple.

#TeamManfred
S-jax39

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, those stats just prove the point: His playcalling is inconsistent as hell. How many times have we thrown or ran plays that are short of the first down all season? How many times have we tried to get too cute near the endzone? What about going away from Sjax when he was tearing the Jets up and throwing in short yardage situations over and over?

He gives us a brilliant opening drive in what seems like every game, but we basically have to ignore that because we dont know if we will sustain it or fizzle out.
Ramsnut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^exactly!! It should be a HUGE load off schottenheimers shoulders that he has SJ. The man is very dependable as he's shown Rams fans for a long time. I listened to the game today (wasnt televised in my area), did SJ line up as a receiver? Didnt turn on the game till end of 1st QTR. Lets not forget that SJ has great hands and has made many great plays on the catch and run. I know its a new offense, but the OC's gotta realize that. The rams may have more yards, but they are among the worst in red zone TD's. And schottheimer has got to resolve that, before another season is lost. the apple didnt fall far from the tree. Marty schottenheimer did too much overthinking as HC of the chiefs and as a result lost a multitude of heartbreaking playoff games.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do not enjoy these threads. We already suck, And this just feels like Salt being rubbed on the wound. The offense has been okay, We are finally understanding it. Seems like we haven't used Gz in weeks Laughing

BBL
Against_me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sold on him, but I like him, if he shows more consistency, another year of an offensive coordinator with Sam will make us way better

Stedman Bailey

receiving - 17 rec 226 yards avg 15.4
rushing - 2 att 33 yards 1 td

Ray Ray Armstrong

13 tackles 0 FF 1 FR 0 Int 0 Sacks
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda hard to score when everytime you get in the redzone, there is a penalty. Or when a big play happens, there is a penalty.

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with this. Obviously our offense isn't great or even good but I feel like we've done a decent job using our talent.

It's kind of hard to gameplan when your two best receivers are always either injured or in the doghouse.

I really think that if Amendola and Givens can stay on the field we'll see a different offense.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually don't laugh out loud when I see thread titles, this one made me.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: