Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Honey Badger to enter 2013 draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Honey Badger to enter 2013 draft Reply with quote

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8689828

I sure hope the staff at least considers him...

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Honey Badger to enter 2013 draft Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8689828

I sure hope the staff at least considers him...

I'm not worried about it. They've already shown that if they want said player with a checkered past, they'll take a chance. Assuming he checks out/meets their standards for him...

IDOG_det on the sig...
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we didnt have Finnegan, I think he'd be a no brainer. Even with Cort, I'd still want him on the team if he is available in the 4th.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
If we didnt have Finnegan, I think he'd be a no brainer. Even with Cort, I'd still want him on the team if he is available in the 4th.
With all his issues there is no reason to be taking him in the 4th, the 5th is the VERY earliest anyone should be looking at Mathieu
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
With all his issues there is no reason to be taking him in the 4th, the 5th is the VERY earliest anyone should be looking at Mathieu

The reason is his undeniable football talent. While his off the field issues are serious, they are not a whole lot more concerning than Janoris'.

Props to mike23md

jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:

So you can't consider him in the 4th...but the 5th is fine. That doesn't make sense to me.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:

The reason is his undeniable football talent. While his off the field issues are serious, they are not a whole lot more concerning than Janoris'.

I disagree a bit on that. Jenkins did early in his college career and then stopped after he was dismissed from Florida. He had time to rebuild his reputation somewhat. With Mathieu you don't know if he has matured or not going into the draft.
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

give me a break about his off field problems. Omg a teenage college student that smokes marijuana. Boy what are the chances of that?

If he's in the fourth or fifth I'd take him but probably only if Fletcher leaves in free agency(which he probably will considering he's played extremely well but is fourth on the depth chart). His return abilities would be a plus as well.
RamRod

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't give a dead horse's last poop about him.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
give me a break about his off field problems. Omg a teenage college student that smokes marijuana. Boy what are the chances of that?

If he's in the fourth or fifth I'd take him but probably only if Fletcher leaves in free agency(which he probably will considering he's played extremely well but is fourth on the depth chart). His return abilities would be a plus as well.

He does more than smoke. He sells it too. And the issue is that he doesn't seem to learn his lesson.

DerekBrink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:

He does more than smoke. He sells it too. And the issue is that he doesn't seem to learn his lesson.

he's 20 years old, It's far too early to say that,
ctp2124

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My big issue with him is that he had a whole SI article about him how he talked about being a changed man and how he knew he was lucky to get another chance. Then he gets arrested a couple weeks later.

I still think he can be a productive pro, but these are massive concerns.

Props to mike23md

ctp2124

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:

I disagree a bit on that. Jenkins did early in his college career and then stopped after he was dismissed from Florida. He had time to rebuild his reputation somewhat. With Mathieu you don't know if he has matured or not going into the draft.

To play devils advocate, you don't know if Jenkins learned. What if he just never got caught at North Alabama? I think there situations are very similar. The big difference is Jenkins is a better prospect.

Props to mike23md

jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:

he's 20 years old, It's far too early to say that,

He failed multiple drug tests while on the team leading to punishment. Finally gets kicked off the team and does it again. I'd say that pretty clearly shows that he didn't learn his lesson.

Maybe he'll mature eventually but that's something NFL teams will keep in mind. Like I said, I'd take a shot on him in the 4th or 5th because of how good he is but it's a really risky proposition and is a lot more than just some college kid smoking weed.

STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:

To play devils advocate, you don't know if Jenkins learned. What if he just never got caught at North Alabama? I think there situations are very similar. The big difference is Jenkins is a better prospect.

Jenkins was definitely a better prospect. Regardless of what he learned or not during his time in North Alabama he stayed out of the headlines for off the field activities which helped improved his draft stock in my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: