Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Tarps are Coming Off! - Jets/Jags GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Jaguars
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Jets
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Who Cares? TEBOWWWWWWW!
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cecil has passed his baseline concussion test. Still has some symptoms. Uncertain for the game.
PLEASE PLAY CECIL.

I hate the Jaguars
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously don't get why the Jets refuse to even give Tebow a shot. I'm not, and never have been, a Tebow supporter, but what's the worst that could happen? Either he wins you games and you have a reason to stick with him until he stops winning games or he loses you games and you shut everybody up that was clamoring for him and get yourself a QB who can win you some games.

They already made the trade for him, they might as well see what he can do for the team.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
bzane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
I seriously don't get why the Jets refuse to even give Tebow a shot. I'm not, and never have been, a Tebow supporter, but what's the worst that could happen? Either he wins you games and you have a reason to stick with him until he stops winning games or he loses you games and you shut everybody up that was clamoring for him and get yourself a QB who can win you some games.

They already made the trade for him, they might as well see what he can do for the team.

Indeed.
Supposedly, he's looked even worse as a conventional QB in practice than he did last year, the added bulk (as shown in that photo you posted) not improving his unusual throwing motion. Be that as it may, he does have in his own unique way things to contribute, enthusiasm and drive and will-to-win, which he proved in that improbable run he made with the Broncos a year ago, as you correctly pointed out in a previous thread. It's disturbing to think the Jets may have traded, what, a fourth-round pick, purely to create a media storm- as has happened. Even before the injured ribs they weren't giving him much if any playing time.

I find it hard to believe that Tebow could be so bad that his play would be an embarrassment for the Jets- and yet, so publicity-conscious is there flamboyant owner, he may have such concerns. But the player has abilities, and has won football games. What they're doing- or not doing- with him now is hardly fair to Tebow, the Jets, and their fans. An unfortunate situation.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

This has basically been my take on it. It's a sink or swim scenario. Either he's good and solves your problem...or he sucks and people shut up about it. Unless you're somehow afraid of embarrassing your organization (lol, come on...could it be any more embarrassing than it already is?), or you're afraid that he will legitimately win you some games and you'll be stuck with him...why not just start him? You made the deal for him...give it a shot.

It's the same sort of attitude i have had towards the 'OMGZ Tebow to Jagz!!!' suggestions. I wouldn't have been against it prior to the deadline this year. Gabbert's shoulder was a ticking timebomb and it was hard to see how he'd make it through the entire season. These final games would've been a great time to put the 'Tebow thing' to bed once and for all. Or worst case scenario...he actually succeeds?
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

The rumor is they don't want to play him this season, as there are escalators in his contract that make him (when all is said and done) one of the top-paid at his position...save his minutes for next year (when they can give him a full Offseason and then can cut Mark).

#JDI
Tugboat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:

The rumor is they don't want to play him this season, as there are escalators in his contract that make him (when all is said and done) one of the top-paid at his position...save his minutes for next year (when they can give him a full Offseason and then can cut Mark).

Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Also he sucks.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Also he sucks.

ALL HE DO IZ WINZ PHO REALZ

#JDI
Tugboat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Also he sucks.

ALL HE DO IZ WINZ PHO REALZ

but like...

JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Cecil has passed his baseline concussion test. Still has some symptoms. Uncertain for the game.
PLEASE PLAY CECIL.

need him for fantasy?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
PLEASE PLAY CECIL.

need him for fantasy?

Need him for Jaguars win.

I hate the Jaguars
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Cecil missed practice again and Rex said Cro is going to cover Blackmon most of the time on Sunday. We screwed.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Mr. V

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Looks like Cecil missed practice again and Rex said Cro is going to cover Blackmon most of the time on Sunday. We screwed.

Slants, crossing routes, etc. up the middle and make Cro move laterally. Blackmon can beat him then, otherwise Cro is going to be yapping that he's the better WR the whole game.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Good thing we have........Elliot? Lewis? Shipley? Clemons?
This sucks.

I hate the Jaguars
mikeyfarley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Good thing we have........Elliot? Lewis? Shipley? Clemons?
This sucks.

Well the Jets D has trouble covering TEs, so Lewis could have a big game. And Henne has been surprisingly decent against the Jets in the past.

This game depends on the Jets running game. If they can do what the bills did this could be another big loss for us. If the run D shows up the game will be up to Henne to win or lose.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: