Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Off-season Overhaul Mock(edited w fixed cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkb77

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRUTH wrote:
bkb77 wrote:
Johnnygunnz wrote:
Why is Miami getting rid of their franchise LT?

His play has fallen off, and they dont want to pay him.

As for the ZBS, I'm not sure if thats the reason he hasn't been playing well, I heard he lost a step and is better fit to play RT now, and is struggling with Speed rushers.

So let's line him up against JPP, ware, orakpo, Osi, tuck and Kerrigan? Why in the heck would we bring in a guy who can't handle the rush? Put down madden please...

haha well what are our other options? Andre Smith Struggles worst with speed than Jake Long. We could draft a Rookie, towards the end of the 1st and move up and get Eric Fisher i'd be fine with, but I think Long is just having a down year, like what Peters had before we landed him. He's still young and is best fit at RT imo, I think he can be a Pro-Bowl RT for us.

As for the madden joke, as Ive said before this is classic eagles front office Dream Team part 3 Laughing

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
baconrad3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
I don't likr the Jake Long trade...giving up three picks when were in rebuild mode for a 29(i think) year old T?

In what world would we sign two premiere safeties in FA?? Is this a fantasy mock or an actual mock? I'm serious.....cause you have us signing Jake Long, resigning DRC, signing not one but TWO elite safeties, Greg Jennings, and one of the best young d ends in the league?

No offense....but this is pretty bad. Like one of the worst I've seen. Completely unrealistic. And signing a 29year old injury prone WR to a 50 million dollar deal is beyond stupid for this team.

And the worst part is you have us keeping Vick. Ew.

Have you seen how our Front Office works?? This has them written all over it. Like it, love it or hate it; you know from these past two years that this is the type of moves that Jeffery,Howie and this FO make.

You realize were going.to be under a completely new regime right? Even Howie might be gone...and he doesnt really make personnel decisions anyway.

Just a horrible. Nobody in their right mind would do all this

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still stuck on your salary cap. I have no idea how you got those numbers. I pretty much quit reading when you showed a cap savings from cutting Mathis (he costs 4m no matter what) and I have no idea where the initial 33.3m in cap room comes from.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
I don't likr the Jake Long trade...giving up three picks when were in rebuild mode for a 29(i think) year old T?

In what world would we sign two premiere safeties in FA?? Is this a fantasy mock or an actual mock? I'm serious.....cause you have us signing Jake Long, resigning DRC, signing not one but TWO elite safeties, Greg Jennings, and one of the best young d ends in the league?

No offense....but this is pretty bad. Like one of the worst I've seen. Completely unrealistic. And signing a 29year old injury prone WR to a 50 million dollar deal is beyond stupid for this team.

And the worst part is you have us keeping Vick. Ew.

Have you seen how our Front Office works?? This has them written all over it. Like it, love it or hate it; you know from these past two years that this is the type of moves that Jeffery,Howie and this FO make.

No I don't. At all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even without a clear cut franchise QB at the top of the draft, I still see no way Vick is retained (including taking a pay cut).
TRUTH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
TRUTH wrote:
bkb77 wrote:
Johnnygunnz wrote:
Why is Miami getting rid of their franchise LT?

His play has fallen off, and they dont want to pay him.

As for the ZBS, I'm not sure if thats the reason he hasn't been playing well, I heard he lost a step and is better fit to play RT now, and is struggling with Speed rushers.

So let's line him up against JPP, ware, orakpo, Osi, tuck and Kerrigan? Why in the heck would we bring in a guy who can't handle the rush? Put down madden please...

haha well what are our other options? Andre Smith Struggles worst with speed than Jake Long. We could draft a Rookie, towards the end of the 1st and move up and get Eric Fisher i'd be fine with, but I think Long is just having a down year, like what Peters had before we landed him. He's still young and is best fit at RT imo, I think he can be a Pro-Bowl RT for us.

As for the madden joke, as Ive said before this is classic eagles front office Dream Team part 3 Laughing

Come again? End of first?
Kiltman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
That coaching staff is horrible. Chud proved this season that much like with Derek Anderson he is only good for getting one season out of a QB.

Weren't you slobbering over him just last year?

I don't dissagree with you though, just think its funny.

2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Final(?) ENBD Champion | other stuff too
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:

No! Unless you post the link to the thread where that was said, it never happened. Laughing
Kiltman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

No! Unless you post the link to the thread where that was said, it never happened. Laughing

Don't want to waste my time looking everything up....but he was PE's Head Coach of Choice last year for mocks if you google the two together.

2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Final(?) ENBD Champion | other stuff too
PowerElite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
That coaching staff is horrible. Chud proved this season that much like with Derek Anderson he is only good for getting one season out of a QB.

I had reservations about why he failed with Anderson. At the time I put the blame elsewhere like in Anderson's lack of a work ethic. But since this major drop off in play has happen to two of his QBs, it's obviously him and what he's teaching/calling.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Off-season Overhaul Mock Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
ST\TE-Tom Osbourne(Oregon ST\TE Coach)
(Former Nebraska HC,been with oregon for years, has been a very good ST coach and Chip will bring him over to the NFL with him)
Laughing

No. Osbourne isn't "The Tom Osbourne". Laughing

That Osbourne had a 86% win % and retired going into CFB HOF. I'd have loved him at Oregon (never had less than 9 wins and in his last 5 years at NEB only lost 3 games).

He is Tom Osbourne just a different one then NEB's HC.

Sig bet
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unrealistic...?

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the effort and unique outlook BKB but I'm with Wabbit when he says the cap numbers look a little off.

You're probably the only person that kept Vick in there mock and think if Chip comes here he might want to take a shot with Vick(Plus you had him at a cheap contract)

You added a lot of talent through FA, I agree that we've done that in the past. But the way it's blown up in our face, I cant see it happening again.

For the record though, you're team is freaking loaded with talent. That O-line,secondary. and front seven would be gaudy!

It's unrealistic but if this happened I would be a happy guy!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock_#5 wrote:
I love the effort and unique outlook BKB but I'm with Wabbit when he says the cap numbers look a little off.

You're probably the only person that kept Vick in there mock and think if Chip comes here he might want to take a shot with Vick(Plus you had him at a cheap contract)

You added a lot of talent through FA, I agree that we've done that in the past. But the way it's blown up in our face, I cant see it happening again.

For the record though, you're team is freaking loaded with talent. That O-line,secondary. and front seven would be gaudy!

Thank you, Appreciate it. I wanted to do something different. It seems like every mock looks the same, and while this does seem a little unrealistic, it also could be done. I'm not saying this is what will happen, I'm just throwing in a different outlook on what they could do this offseason.

As for the cap I took it from eaglescap.com with current cap,plus taking off the current cap numbers from this season of the guys that I am cutting.

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
Rock_#5 wrote:

Thank you, Appreciate it. I wanted to do something different. It seems like every mock looks the same, and while this does seem a little unrealistic, it also could be done. I'm not saying this is what will happen, I'm just throwing in a different outlook on what they could do this offseason.

As for the cap I took it from eaglescap.com with current cap,plus taking off the current cap numbers from this season of the guys that I am cutting.

You do know they have a whole page dedicated to next year's cap as well, right? They also have all the cap numbers for each player and dead money if cut. They're not 100% accurate, but can give you a reasonable approximation.

Based on next year's projections the Eagles will start something like 17m in the hole without any cuts. If they clean house and do a complete roster overhaul, the best they could realistically do is get to somewhere in the mid 30m range for free cap room (not counting carry over money, which you have to be careful with or you could put yourself in cap hell going forward). Which is actually less than it sounds like (You could re-sign DRC, maybe pick up 1 or 2 of the better FAs, and have your rookie pool).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: