Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Off-season Overhaul Mock(edited w fixed cap)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkb77

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Eagles Off-season Overhaul Mock(edited w fixed cap) Reply with quote

Fire Entire Coaching Staff
Retain Ted Washington RB Coach,David Culley WR Coach

NEW HIRES

HC-Chip Kelly
(He's the man for the Job. Offensive Guru, BB in NE studied under him this summer to learn his uptempo no huddle offense, you see what the Patriots offense has become with using his concepts. This guy could be one of the best HC in the NFL, I really hope we make him our next HC. But going from NCAA to the NFL he will need to add some experience coaches to help him along)

OC-Rob Chudzinski(Car OC)
(Bright offensive mind,who would work great with Chip Kelly,he's done a solid Job in CAR with Cam and that Offense,now I'm not sure if he or Chip Kelly would be making the Calls but if they could work together with our Offensive Playmakers, our O could be Special)

DC-Ron Rivera
(Hes gets fired as HC in CAR, will be replaced by Jon Gruden,who will choose CAR over the Eagles. This guy is one of the best Defensive Minds in the NFL,learned under JJ,lead the Bears to The Super Bowl Before, even learned the 34 under Wade Phillips and was a real good DC in the 34 for SD. He will come in and make the most out of our Talent on D)

ST\TE-Tom Osbourne(Oregon ST\TE Coach)
(Been with oregon for years, has been a very good ST coach and Chip will bring him over to the NFL with him)

OL-Steve Greatwood(Oregon OL Coach)
(Oregon OL coach for the past 20 years, regarded as one of the best in the business, runs a ZBS,makes the most out of his talent and works very well with Kelly and will help install the OL and offense with Chip wants)

DL-Mike Waufle(Rams DL Coach)(Wash goes to STL to be back with Fisher)
(Maybe the best DL Coach in the NFL, this is kind of wishful thinking but hoepfully Fisher takes back his boy Wash and Waulfe comes here)

LB-Jeremiah Trotter
(Another maybe wishful thinking pick, but he knows the game extremely well, played under Rivera for most of his career, he will atleast bring some insight and passion to these young LBs)

DB-- Juron(Cle DC)
(Former HC,currently CLE DC,he would be a great veteran add for Kelly who will need some experince in making the jump to the NFL, also a great DB coach and will get the most out of the secondary with Rivera)

RESTRUCTURE CONTRACTS

Mike Vick(3yr 25m)5m in 2013\2.5m guarenteed(9m salary cut)
(With no QB worth taking high in this years draft and not really any QB's out there on this FA Market, I believe the best thing to do is bring Mike back for one last chance with Chip Kelly Installing his Offense. Mike and Nick will fight it out in TC, if Nick wins then we cut Mike loose and it only cost about 2m Guarenteed, which would not be a problem for Jeffery. If Vick can somehow go back to looking like the old vick when he 1st was our starter 2 years ago then it's a steal at only 5m for the year. Either way I think this is the right move to make considering the circumstances,we take our shots with the 2 QB's we have and if neither pan out then hopefully the next off-season there will be better QB Prospects and Free-Agents to choose from).

Nnamdi Asomugha(4yr 28m)7m Salary(4m salary cut)
(Nnamdi has been a huge disappointment so far but he's still a decent starting CB with a higher ceiling if he can return to his old form with a real DC in Rivera running things. This is another 1 last shot deal, we give him one last year to prove himself and if he fails again then we cut him next year and look to draft a young CB or sign one in FA. Personally I think he will return to form and look like a Top10-15 CB next year if Rivera is brought in)

CUTS (Current Cap=12.8m +28m in cuts=40.8m under the cap)
Evan Mathis(4m)
(He's a Mudd fit,going to be 32years old and hasn't had that good of a year and for the money he's being paid you need to cut him,move Todd back to LG and find a different RG)

Demetrius Bell(3.3m)
(God he was terrible,this is the easiest cut out of all of them)

Mike Patterson(4.1m)
(Longest tenured Eagle,but never was a difference maker and with close to 4m in salary due he will be cut)

Derek Landri(1.9m)
(He's a Wash guy and won't fit the new scheme and also hasn't done much this year either)

Darryl Tapp(1m)
(He was serviceable but we can do better and it's worth more to get rid of him and play younger guys)

Mike Gibson(700k)
(Brought in for Mudd, he'll be lucky to find another job in the NFL)

TRADES(6.3m in salary trades=46.8m in cap room)

Jeremy Maclin(2.3m),3rd,4th,5th to Miami for Jake Long
(Maclin isn't gonna get the deal he wants from us, Miami needs a WR badly and word out in Miami is that Jake Long is falling out of favor and his play has fallen off, they dont want to pay him so he will be traded Maclin,very early 3rd,4th and 5th seems like a fair swap. Long will move to RT and with him and JP we would have the best Tackle combo in the NFL)

Jason Avant(2.2m),Danny Watkins(1.8m) to SD for 7th\2014 6th
(Avant is a Andy Reid guy and watkins has not worked out so we trade them both to SD where I assume Andy will be and we get 2 late round picks for them)

RESIGN (After resign=27.3m under the cap)
*=Same Salary as this year,so doesn't effect cap
Jake Long(5yr 60m)12m
DRC(5yr 45m)9m(7m raise)
King Dunlap(2yr 3m)1.5m(500k raise)
*Akeem Jordan(2yr 1.5m)750k
*Colt Anderson(2yr 1m)500k
*Jon Dorenbos(3yr 1.5m)500k
*Brandon Hughes(1yr 750k)750k
*Trent Edwards(1yr 550k)

FA SIGNINGS (After Signings=8.1m under the cap)

Jarius Byrd 5'10 204 26 FS(5yr 38m)7.5m(56tkl,3tfl,3ff,2fr,4int,5pb)
(Playmaking FS that we are in need of so badly, this is a MUST sign, jennings is a nicer hopeful pick-up but Byrd we have to have and I believe he will be in midnight green next year, also he's a Oregon grad and with Chip Kelly has the new HC, it makes more sense)

William Moore 6'0 221 28 SS(5yr 35m)7m(64tkl,2tfl,1sack,2ff,1fr,2int,6pb)
(Heres a guy I would love to add,big physical in the Box Saftey who can come up in run support and play the pass awell, him and Byrd would instanly upgrade of entire Defense and make us a Top10 D with Rivera at the head of the D. ATL won't Frachise him cause of Cap Room\Grimes)

Jerome Simpson 6'2 190 27 WR(2yr 5m)2.5
(Heres a guy who will be fairly cheap to buy and could pay off major for us. He's got the size and talent to be a 1000 yard reciever in the NFL, think he would be a great fit in Chip Kelly's Offense)

Brad Meester 6'3 305 32 C(2yr 3m)1.5m
(Experienced Center,who can be a reliable back-up and add some leadership to a younger interior line)

Kaseem Osgood 6'5 220 33 WR\ST(2yr 1.4m)700k
(Osgood is one of the better Special Teamers in the NFL, he would be a great add to our Special Teams)

DRAFT

1(5).Star Lotulelei Utah 6'4 320 Sr NT

Star Lotuleli Utah 6'4 320 Sr NT
+Power at P.O.A,Bull rush,splits double,finished with athority,hands in passing lane,motor,angles downfield
-plays too high,lacks pass rush moves,fb iq,lets the OL dictate where he goes,struggles vs cut back moves
NFL Comparison: slightly smaller Paul Solia\Best Case=Haloti Ngata
2012(12g 42tkl,10tfl,5sack,3ff,4pb)
Career(38g 106tkl,21.5tfl,7sack,4ff,5pb)

This was a hard Choice,we could have gone with Jarvis Jones if he was there or even Dee Miller or Justin Hunter. But the choice right now is Star, he's a force at NT and Pair with Cox they could develope into being the best interior line in the NFL, It could potential be a Young Williams Wall(Pat & Kevin in MIN a couple years ago). He scheme diverse,could play in a 4-3 or even muliple positions in a 3-4. He needs some work with his pass rush moves and some situational coaching up but he has all the talent and physical power to be a dominating NT for many year.

2(36).Jonathan Cooper UNC 6'3 310 Sr G

Cooper is the best Guard in the draft imo, just slightly ahead of Warmack, he's athletic and physcial,great in recovery and I think he's a future Pro-Bowl Guard, who is an ideal fit in the ZBS. Peters,Herremans,Kelce,Cooper,Long will give you maybe the best OL in the league

6.Jamie Collins S.Miss 6'4 240 Sr DE\SLB(12g 92tkl,20tfl,10sack,4ff,5pb,1blk)

He might go maybe a rounf earlier, but is a versitile playmaker,who makes a ton of plays behind the line of scrimmage. He could play SLB or DE, or even 34 OLB. He'll be a joker and could be a nice add to this D,potential late Round Steal

6.Kyle Long Oregon 6'7 311 Sr OT
Chip Kelly's guy, brother of Chris,son of Howie. He's got the NFL Bloodline, off the field issues and only 1 year of playing at Oregon,has a high ceiling, could be a big time sleeper

7.Zach Rodgers Tennessee 6'0 172 Sr WR(12g 32rec 491yd 7td)

Great slot reciever, being a smaller white guy he looks a littler like welker, his WR Coach actually coached Welker for years. He would be a nice add later on at the end of the draft

7.Ray Ray Armstrong Miami 6'4 215 Sr SS(Missed all of 2012)

Ray-Ray Armstrong Miami 6'4 215 Sr S
2011(7g 34tkl,0.5tfl,1int,2pb)
Carrer(30g 134tkl,5tfl,4int,6pb,1td)
NFL Comp:Kam Chancellor\Worst Case- Taylor Mays
+Size,Speed,Big Hitter,solid vs run,can cover TE in Man
-zone coverage\instints,poor footwork,bits on play fake,miss open tackles,hands;Missed 2012

All of the talent but got caught up in that Damn Nevin Shapiro ish, as a UM fan i've seen almost all of his games, he's not Sean Taylor like he's been compared too, he is a big physical SS who has the size and athletic ability to make plays. He needs to work on some things and is gonna need some coaching up but the payout and his potential could be huge. Def worth taking in the 7th.

Props to Kiltman on the Sig

Last edited by bkb77 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
PowerElite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That coaching staff is horrible. Chud proved this season that much like with Derek Anderson he is only good for getting one season out of a QB.

OMG you kept Vick! Shocked
oland11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone is definitely going to call this DreamTeam 2.0....
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought jake long was struggling because miami started to use a zone blocking scheme, why bring him here to struggle in a similar scheme?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Miami getting rid of their franchise LT?
bkb77

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ One thing I've learned these past two years is that this Front Office thinks big. And that what these plans are.

As for Vick, read what I wrote with the reasoning on keeping him, he's basically signed to a 1yr 2m deal and there really isn't any other option outside of maybe drafting Matt Barkley, which I personally don't want. Vick & Foles will fight it out in TC to see who is our starter, if Nick is the Starter than Vick gets cut in the Pre-season and we move on having only given him 2m.

baconrad3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't likr the Jake Long trade...giving up three picks when were in rebuild mode for a 29(i think) year old T?

In what world would we sign two premiere safeties in FA?? Is this a fantasy mock or an actual mock? I'm serious.....cause you have us signing Jake Long, resigning DRC, signing not one but TWO elite safeties, Greg Jennings, and one of the best young d ends in the league?

No offense....but this is pretty bad. Like one of the worst I've seen. Completely unrealistic. And signing a 29year old injury prone WR to a 50 million dollar deal is beyond stupid for this team.

And the worst part is you have us keeping Vick. Ew.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, I didn't like it one bit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnygunnz wrote:

His play has fallen off, and they dont want to pay him.

As for the ZBS, I'm not sure if thats the reason he hasn't been playing well, I heard he lost a step and is better fit to play RT now, and is struggling with Speed rushers.

ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
Johnnygunnz wrote:

As for the ZBS, I'm not sure if thats the reason he hasn't been playing well, I heard he lost a step and is better fit to play RT now, and is struggling with Speed rushers.

Well if he lost a step and that is the reasoning for his drop off you gave up way too much for him. I would give up nothing for him that being the case.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
gator3guy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think trading away a bunch of draft picks is a bad idea. This team needs to build through the draft. NOT through FA or trades.
bkb77

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
I don't likr the Jake Long trade...giving up three picks when were in rebuild mode for a 29(i think) year old T?

In what world would we sign two premiere safeties in FA?? Is this a fantasy mock or an actual mock? I'm serious.....cause you have us signing Jake Long, resigning DRC, signing not one but TWO elite safeties, Greg Jennings, and one of the best young d ends in the league?

No offense....but this is pretty bad. Like one of the worst I've seen. Completely unrealistic. And signing a 29year old injury prone WR to a 50 million dollar deal is beyond stupid for this team.

And the worst part is you have us keeping Vick. Ew.

Have you seen how our Front Office works?? This has them written all over it. Like it, love it or hate it; you know from these past two years that this is the type of moves that Jeffery,Howie and this FO make.

TRUTH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm...... Tom Osbourne??????? What are smoking??
TRUTH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
Johnnygunnz wrote:

So let's line him up against JPP, ware, orakpo, Osi, tuck and Kerrigan? Why in the heck would we bring in a guy who can't handle the rush? Put down madden please...
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's rebuild by trading the majority of our draft picks, and sign a 30 year old, injury prone, system made wide receiver. If you wanted us to suck, you did well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: