You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Off-season Overhaul Mock(edited w fixed cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkb77

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK guys I fixed the cap. And now with the cap fixed I had to get rid of Jennings\Michael Johnson,but added another WR in FA. So this will look more realistic.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double safety Shocked

Dont get the mathis hate

Kiltman on the sig
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your cap numbers are still way off and there is literally no financial benefit to cutting Mathis...period. He gets 4m no matter what you do.

Let me help you:

Starting cap (before cuts/re-structures): -18m

Vick restructure: I doubt he'd go for it, but whatever. The Eagles pay him 5m, but would still be on the hook for 1.2/year due to the guaranteed money from the last contract (restructuring doesn't change this, it's guaranteed and was owed when the other contract was signed). So, 11.7m cap savings. ~ -6m cap room.

Nnamdi is owed 15m this year, not 11m. I doubt he'd go for 7m unless that doesn't include the 4m guaranteed he's already owed for next year. So that would indeed amount to freeing around 4m. ~ -2m cap room.

Cutting Evan Mathis either results in no change or a 1m savings depending on when his bonus kicks in. For the sake of argument, we'll call it 1m. ~ -1m cap room.

Demetress Bell saves 9.6m off the cap. ~ 8.6m in cap room.

Mike Patterson saves about 4m off the cap. ~ 12.6m in cap room.

Derek Landri is an FA. He signed a 1 year contract.

Darryl Tapp is an FA.

Mike Gibson saves 700k off the cap. ~ 13.3m in cap room.

Trading Maclin saves around 1.7m off the cap. The Eagles would still be on the hook for around 1.25m in guaranteed money. ~ 15m in cap room.

Trading Avant saves around 1.3m off the cap. He would still be owed 1.4m in pro-rated guaranteed money. ~ 16.3m in cap room.

Trading Watkins would save 20k off the cap. Basically a nonative. He would still be owed 2.1m in pro-rated bonus money. ~16.3m in cap room.

25.5m in re-signings. ~ -9.2m in cap room.

Now you need to find some more money. You could carry over a portion of the 22m from this year, but then you have to watch contract structures in order to stay out of cap hell for 2014. Basically, you need to cut people.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you carry the full 22 million from this year over?

Kiltman on the sig
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Don't you carry the full 22 million from this year over?

I addressed that in my last post and earlier in this thread.

I believe they can chose how much to carry over (within certain limitations). The problem with that is that it would only be for the 2013 season. You then have to hope the cap adjusts enough in 2014 to compensate, use that portion on one year deals, or structure your contracts in such a way to account for that (which is really tough to do if you're already over the cap). It's far from as simple as "Oh look! Extra money!".
bkb77

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
Your cap numbers are still way off and there is literally no financial benefit to cutting Mathis...period. He gets 4m no matter what you do.

Let me help you:

Vick restructure: I doubt he'd go for it, but whatever. The Eagles pay him 5m, but would still be on the hook for 1.2/year due to the guaranteed money from the last contract (restructuring doesn't change this, it's guaranteed and was owed when the other contract was signed). So, 11.7m cap savings. ~ -6m cap room.

Nnamdi is owed 15m this year, not 11m. I doubt he'd go for 7m unless that doesn't include the 4m guaranteed he's already owed for next year. So that would indeed amount to freeing around 4m. ~ -2m cap room.

Cutting Evan Mathis either results in no change or a 1m savings depending on when his bonus kicks in. For the sake of argument, we'll call it 1m. ~ -1m cap room.

Darryl Tapp is an FA.

Trading Maclin saves around 1.7m off the cap. The Eagles would still be on the hook for around 1.25m in guaranteed money. ~ 15m in cap room.

Trading Avant saves around 1.3m off the cap. He would still be owed 1.4m in pro-rated guaranteed money. ~ 16.3m in cap room.

Trading Watkins would save 20k off the cap. Basically a nonative. He would still be owed 2.1m in pro-rated bonus money. ~16.3m in cap room.

Now you need to find some more money. You could carry over a portion of the 22m from this year, but then you have to watch contract structures in order to stay out of cap hell for 2014. Basically, you need to cut people.

Look I took this years cap minus this years salary of the players cut & restructured. Then added the bonuses that active players will make next year. and that gave me the cap number that I got. End Result this FO is the best in the NFL at clearing and creating cap space theres no doubt that our cap will be fine next, so don't go off of next years cap cause it won't look anything like that once howie is done fixing it.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it Like this: we have 22 million this year and we carry Those over. If we have 8 million in cap space we carry Them into 2014

Kiltman on the sig
bkb77

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Isn't it Like this: we have 22 million this year and we carry Those over. If we have 8 million in cap space we carry Them into 2014

Ya our 22m + babins 5.5 cap hit will carry over. Don't go off of next years cap on eaglescap its a mess & inaccurate we will have a ton of cap space next year once howie is done fixing it.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:

No.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

Let me help you:

Darryl Tapp is an FA.

Look I took this years cap minus this years salary of the players cut & restructured. Then added the bonuses that active players will make next year. and that gave me the cap number that I got. End Result this FO is the best in the NFL at clearing and creating cap space theres no doubt that our cap will be fine next, so don't go off of next years cap cause it won't look anything like that once howie is done fixing it.

And how do you think you go about "fixing" the cap? You cut players and restructure contracts.

You do realize that player salaries can (and often do) change year to year, right? I'm not just talking about their bonuses. Plus you still have to take off the correct amounts (when appicable) of dead money when they are cut.

As for eaglescap:

1. It's actually reasonably close. I have found a few errors, but you won't find another place on the internet that has that extensive of information that is that close to correct.
2. Don't think for a second that I exclusively use eaglescap for everything. there are other places where some of this information is available and it doesn't take a math whiz to put 2 and 2 together and figure some of this stuff out.

Basically, your offseason is mathematically impossible. I'm sorry if you don't agree, but your argument would then be with mathematics, not me.
bkb77

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
bkb77 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

Let me help you:

Darryl Tapp is an FA.

And how do you think you go about "fixing" the cap? You cut players and restructure contracts.

You do realize that player salaries can (and often do) change year to year, right? I'm not just talking about their bonuses. Plus you still have to take off the correct amounts (when appicable) of dead money when they are cut.

As for eaglescap:

1. It's actually reasonably close. I have found a few errors, but you won't find another place on the internet that has that extensive of information that is that close to correct.
2. Don't think for a second that I exclusively use eaglescap for everything. there are other places where some of this information is available and it doesn't take a math whiz to put 2 and 2 together and figure some of this stuff out.

Basically, your offseason is mathematically impossible. I'm sorry if you don't agree, but your argument would then be with mathematics, not me.

Hey man I know your trying to help me and I do appreciate it but I'm just going off of this years cap, honestly none of us know what the cap room will look like(eaglescap included) until the season is over and the cuts and restrucutres are made. I truely do believe that we will end up with 30m+ in cap space once howie is done making the moves he needs to, now I've tryed to project those moves but the truth is no one knows what those moves are until howie makes them to free up cap space.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
bkb77 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

Let me help you:

Darryl Tapp is an FA.

As for eaglescap:

Hey man I know your trying to help me and I do appreciate it but I'm just going off of this years cap, honestly none of us know what the cap room will look like(eaglescap included) until the season is over and the cuts and restrucutres are made. I truely do believe that we will end up with 30m+ in cap space once howie is done making the moves he needs to, now I've tryed to project those moves but the truth is no one knows what those moves are until howie makes them to free up cap space.

Sure they could end up with 30+m free. But part of a complete offseason mock is the (at least partial) figuring out of how. While we don't know with 100% certainty what next year's cap will be, we actually do have a pretty good idea. We also know definitively what the players currently under contract will make and what the dead money would be if they were traded or let go. So there is a lot of information out there. As it stands, we also know that the chance that the cap goes up enough to absorb the current Eagles contracts is slim to as close to none as possible. They will almost certainly start off (by "start off" I mean before any moves to fix it are made) with a cap deficit. According to the information we have available that will be around 17-18m.

Actually, slightly less than 17-18m in cap deficit. I did forget about Babin. His salary would have been 4.4m next year and he is still due 600k in guaranteed money. So the starting point would be more like ~ -14m.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: