Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Benson done for the season.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
I really think Gran't got something left, look at his last few games with us last year. Over 4 ypc in all of them and he really came on in the passing game. I'd take Grant's typical 10 carries of 2,3,4,2,5,1,67,2,4, and 3 yards over the -2 to 4 yard gains we get from Starks and Green, at least RG broke one from time to time.

To be fair, the Giants took Kregg Lumpkin over him. The Skins cut him and the Pack felt no need whatsoever to bring him back. I liked Grant as a back, but I just don't see it at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
I really think Gran't got something left, look at his last few games with us last year. Over 4 ypc in all of them and he really came on in the passing game. I'd take Grant's typical 10 carries of 2,3,4,2,5,1,67,2,4, and 3 yards over the -2 to 4 yard gains we get from Starks and Green, at least RG broke one from time to time.

To be fair, the Giants took Kregg Lumpkin over him. The Skins cut him and the Pack felt no need whatsoever to bring him back. I liked Grant as a back, but I just don't see it at this point.

Yes but Grant costs more at this point in the season because of his years in the league than a back like Lumpkin, think that's why the Giants chose that route for their 4th RB. We won't know but I'd at least like to work him out and see. Plus remember Grant's value in the ZBS vs non-ZBS, if the Giants run a more power-gap scheme I could see why they passed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:

Yes but Grant costs more at this point in the season because of his years in the league than a back like Lumpkin, think that's why the Giants chose that route for their 4th RB. We won't know but I'd at least like to work him out and see. Plus remember Grant's value in the ZBS vs non-ZBS, if the Giants run a more power-gap scheme I could see why they passed.

Fair enough, but the Skins are as ZBS as it gets with Shanahan and they didn't feel the need to keep him around as depth. Not saying he'd be useless but not sure he does any more than Starks/Green.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo it doesn't hurt to give Grant a shot at all..
this is how I see it..who has more value on the roster..someone like Terell Manning/So'oto whose going to get very limited playing time and very well could be inactive every week (So'oto when Clay is back) or someone like Grant who has the opportunity to jump start the running game..
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Hightower?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
What about Hightower?
Career average of 3.9 and has never been in our system. No thanks.

Kempes on the custom sig!
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
I'm wondering if TT and CO bungled the IR designate to return by not using it on Bishop....
Couldn't use it on Bish. To use the IR to return the player had to be on the opening day 53 man roster. Bishop went on IR during preseaosn.

No we had a chance to take Bish off IR and then designate him to return. There was a huge thing about it.
Once your on IR, you can't take him off. Don't know where you heard that from. Bishop was placed on IR on August 27th. You had to be placed on IR after September 4th to be eligible to return.

Special exception this year because the rule to return was voted on so late. That won't be available next year though.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2012/8/30/3280060/nfl-rule-changes-injured-reserve-desmond-bishop

I think they were too pessimistic on Bishop's injury and too optimistic on Benson's.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I think I'm out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

Unreal and awful news. I really believed the reports that he was doing better than expected.

We ride with Starks and Green gentlemen. Was enough in 2010, I think it can be again.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Kal-El

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

******* **** the ******* ***** *** ********* ****!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

<33333333
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Special exception this year because the rule to return was voted on so late. That won't be available next year though.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2012/8/30/3280060/nfl-rule-changes-injured-reserve-desmond-bishop

I think they were too pessimistic on Bishop's injury and too optimistic on Benson's.
Interesting. I did not know that. OR i know at the time and completely forgot.

Blink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll have to live and die with Starks/Green for the year. At this point in the seasons anyone who is worth getting has been signed. I doubt we even steal a practice squadder.

Starks/Green is not ideal, they will most likely be a liability. However, when Aaron is in Godgers mode we can get by. Hopefully by playoff time he'll be back in the groove, because he will have to carry us.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
We'll have to live and die with Starks/Green for the year. At this point in the seasons anyone who is worth getting has been signed. I doubt we even steal a practice squadder.

Starks/Green is not ideal, they will most likely be a liability. However, when Aaron is in Godgers mode we can get by. Hopefully by playoff time he'll be back in the groove, because he will have to carry us.
Might see more Kuhn at HB as well.

I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Blink wrote:

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Blink wrote:

Good. Problem solved.

I'm not as concerned with these guys as I am with the OL. Seriously. Green and Starks are competent enough to pick up enough yardage.

The lone question remaining is whether we can block four (namely NYG and SF). We can't? We lose. I don't know if that means keeping Kuhn in the backfield a bit more or chipping a DE (maybe giving Newhouse help) with Quarless is a possibility, but you can't say definitively. That's our hole.

Defensively we're fine. To think otherwise is silly. They were screwed numerous times against NYG in terms of field position and in terms of the offense not moving the ball and turning it over in great field position. Getting CMIII and Woodson and Shields back will be huge.

Sad to wonder what they could be like with Bishop as our thumper in the middle as a physical presence. Too bad.
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you fellas think Benson will be invited back in 2013 if his foot heals?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: