Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Front Page Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stillersenat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: FF Front Page Mock Reply with quote

RD's latest:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/nflmockdraft.html

Quote:

20. Minnesota - Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
Percy Harvin was finally breaking out early in the year, but injuries have taken him off the field, and brought the emerging offense to a halt. Another playmaker is needed, and Allenís size and ball skills would be a great complement to Harvinís playmaking ability.

21. Indianapolis - Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
Not many people expected the Colts to be where they are, and thatís because Andrew Luck has been even better than advertised. He could definitely use more talent on offense, but they may look to improve the defense here. Adding an anchor in the middle of their three man front is needed, and Williams is a force in the middle.

22. NY Giants - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
Marvin Austin never quite lived up to the hype at North Carolina, and has failed to do so in the NFL as well. Richardson has the quickness and ability to get upfield to wreak havoc in the backfield that Austin was suppose to have. The corner position could also be addressed, but itís hard to pass on playmakers on the interior defensive line.

23. Pittsburgh - John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
The run on tackles continues. Casey Hampton isnít going to play forever, and the team will need a wide body in the middle of the defensive line to anchor the middle. They donít get much bigger than Jenkins.

24.Seattle - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
Pete Carroll has shown he will buck conventional wisdom and take the guy he wants. He craves speed, even if he sacrifices some size in the process. Austin is as explosive as any player in this draft, but is definitely on the small side. His ability to make plays all over the field will help open up the offense and give them an extra weapon for the developing Russell Wilson.

25. Green Bay - Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
Jones is a versatile lineman that could help out at a number of positions, but he would be selected to step in for Jeff Saturday, who is nearing the end of the line.

26. Denver - Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
Two years ago they were real close to selected Marcel Dareus over Von Miller, but they made the right choice. Help on the interior line is still an issue though. Short is a big body, but can also get up the field to disrupt the action in the backfield.

27. New England - Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
The Patriots defense could still use some work, but the mid season trade of Aqib Talib and emergence of seventh round pick Alfonzo Dennard could solve some issues in the secondary. The offensive line has been a strength for years, but adding another stud to the unit cannot hurt. Cooper is excellent value at this point and could give the Patriots a dominant offensive line in the foreseeable future.

28. Chicago - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
Fisher is fast rising name, and could even move up past this spot in the draft. If he is here though, the Bears would love to have him step in at left tackle and hopefully lock down the position that has been a problem for years.

29. San Francisco - Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
Floyd is still a work in progress, but is a very talented lineman. The 9ers are built on being physical, and you have to keep big bodies on the defensive line to stay that way. Floyd could learn a lot from Justin Smith, and could develop into a difference maker in time.

30.Baltimore - David Amerson, CB, North Carolina St.
People are torn on Amerson being a corner or a safety at the next level. He definitely has the ball skills and football intelligence to play either spot. Shifting to safety and learning from Ed Reed isnít a bad way to enter the league.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer T.J. McDonald or Eric Reid the Steelers have enough NT prospects on the roster lets try one of them out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my worst nightmares, I would hope in this situation we would either trade up and go after Jonathon Banks at #19 or trade down and pick up an extra pick or two, and fix the LBs and get some safety depth. I have no problem with Jenkins, just don't think we really need to go in that direction in the 1st, in our D we are probably just as good taking a space eater in the later rounds, we know we arent going to use him to his full talents in our read and react.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
I'd prefer T.J. McDonald or Eric Reid the Steelers have enough NT prospects on the roster lets try one of them out.

Who?

And just to add...I like your two picks as well....but we dont have a single reliable NT prospect. Ta'amu is gone...McClendon is a career backup....and while Ziggy Hood has potential at NT, they have shown no real interest in moving him there.

So at this point, NT is a huge need.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise

Last edited by FourThreeMafia on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NT is certainly not a "sexy" pick. But as we all know a 3-4 cannot be effective w/o a quality NT and LBs to apply pressure. These are the most important cogs in a 3-4. Which position is more needed? Not sure. I see both sides. At NT you have McClendon and I assume Ziggy. Each with question marks at the position. At OLB, you have the aging Harrison and the oft-injured and Woodley and his decline in production. With that said, I believe you go BPA at that postion. I feel 1st round OLB pass rushing talent isn't to be had in the 20's of Rd1. S can be had in 2nd/3rd. To me it comes down to NT or MLB in the 1st. Tho as I stated before, I question if the Steelers have NT at the top of the list considering where they took T'amu and the fact that Chapman was on the board in late rounds. Also, you have to belive Hightower would have been the pick if DD hadn't of fallen. So....MLB it is.

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
Dook

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If really necessary we can sign NT Hampton to another one year contract.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
If really necessary we can sign NT Hampton to another one year contract.

Thats assuming he is willing to take the pay cut.

steelers75

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: draft Reply with quote

i agree with 43 who? i would have no problems with jenkins as our pick.
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go safety in Rd. 1 give me Kenny Vaccaro.

If we go NT give me Louis Nix (if he declares).

I don't see a MLB outside of Teo worth a 1st.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
stefan52268

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with Jenkins in the first. We need a NT. McClendon is a good rotational guy but not a full time starter IMO. Ta'amu might get released. Jenkins could do for us what Big Snack did for many years.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NT in the 1st might be dependent on if LeBeau retires...if they would go more 1 gap it might allow Hood to slide inside.

A possibility most don't wanna think about is a WR if Wallace leaves.

You could go anywhere on the defensive side of the ball and itwould make sense.

Another viewpoint is surrond Ben with everythin and play with a defense that doesn't make plays but doesn't allow them either.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an awful mock.

...you have a forum resume?
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Who?

And just to add...I like your two picks as well....but we dont have a single reliable NT prospect. Ta'amu is gone...McClendon is a career backup....and while Ziggy Hood has potential at NT, they have shown no real interest in moving him there.

McClendon is a career backup because the Steelers aren't willing to let C. Hampton go.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Informed thoughts on Jenkins compared to Wiliams?

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Who?

McClendon is a career backup because the Steelers aren't willing to let C. Hampton go.

No...he is a career backup because he isnt a starting caliber NT and the Steelers know it. Thats why they kept Hampton and drafted Ta'amu. If they liked him that much, we would see alot more of him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: