Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 13: Saints @ Falcons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
potus wrote:
Seriously? I seriously wonder if people actually watch games sometimes.

The last two games Brees has had way too much pressure in his face, particularly from the outside. The first play that comes to mind was when Abraham just ran by Strief and sacked Brees in about 1 second. The lack of quality tackles is the problem on offense, not Brees.

The same thing is happening to the Packers right now..their line is in shambles and Rodgers is putting up way less numbers than his norm. Do you see them calling for his head?
Did you see some of the INTs? He had plenty of time on the first one, threw a stupid pass way too late and it was picked in the EZ. What about not getting points before the half? That wasn't a pressure situation, it was bad clock management by Brees. One of the picks in the second half where Brees tried to throw to Henderson...no pressure there, he just made a stupud throw. Yes he is getting more pressure than previous years, but that doesn't excuse his stupid throws hes been making this season. Hes too afraid to dock his completion % and forces too much. Take a sack sometimes or throw it away. He literally threw it right to a D lineman twice last night because he wouldn't take the sack

When he's facing the amount of pressure that he is, I don't blame him for making errant throws. You think Brady and Rodgers could do better under the same circumstances? The play calling has obviously hurt the most with Payton gone. No adjustments or stability is going to cause problems like this. I'll give you the points before half time..way too relaxed on that drive.

What bothers me the most about these posts is people can be such fair weather fans. Look in the GDTs from previous wins. If Brees is hot he's GOAT. If he ducks, time to draft a QB. Give me a break.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cmon guys, some of these posts make me sick. Brees has his all time worst game, well really a two game stretch, but before those two games, he had a chance at the season MVP. Granted, it was an outside chance, but a chance nonetheless. This entire team is a mess and its finally caught up with Brees. He simply can't carry a team this bad anymore.

It doesn't matter if the defense has been playing better, they've been so bad for years that Brees is used to having to outscore every opponent, can't depend on any kind of stop. And this year, they were so freakin terrible it was unbelievable. And to add on top of that, this team's obsession with running Ingram has been the biggest reason for this years offensive failures. Face it guys, Ingram is our worst back by a long shot. Will he ever get better? Maybe, but right now he's pretty bad. You can't really blame Brees for not wanting to run the ball when Ingram gets most the carries. Even when another back comes in, the damage is done, because Brees is so used to wasting downs with Ingram. Now, I'm not excusing Brees' terrible play lately, but this season was never going anywhere when the defense was this bad for half of it. Not to mention offseason bountygate, suspensions, etc, we all knew this season was gonna be tough to sit through.

Fun fact: If season ended today, it still wouldn't be Brees' worst season ever by a long shot, as far as TD/INT ratio goes anyway.

Bottom line, Brees let this team down the last couple of weeks, and it hurts bad but it also breeds overreaction. Brees can most certainly get back to his elite, HOF form, and i'm confident he will. Two bad games and now everyone is talking about drafting a replacement, lets save all this talk for much later. Drew Brees has done enough for this city that he has earned the right to play a few bad games and get away with it.

EDIT: Also, go digging enough and you'll find some downright disgusting games from every elite QB. Including multiple postseason choke jobs. It happens guys. Bad as this looks, lets please not overreact.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potus wrote:
saintsfan wrote:
potus wrote:
Seriously? I seriously wonder if people actually watch games sometimes.

The last two games Brees has had way too much pressure in his face, particularly from the outside. The first play that comes to mind was when Abraham just ran by Strief and sacked Brees in about 1 second. The lack of quality tackles is the problem on offense, not Brees.

The same thing is happening to the Packers right now..their line is in shambles and Rodgers is putting up way less numbers than his norm. Do you see them calling for his head?
Did you see some of the INTs? He had plenty of time on the first one, threw a stupid pass way too late and it was picked in the EZ. What about not getting points before the half? That wasn't a pressure situation, it was bad clock management by Brees. One of the picks in the second half where Brees tried to throw to Henderson...no pressure there, he just made a stupud throw. Yes he is getting more pressure than previous years, but that doesn't excuse his stupid throws hes been making this season. Hes too afraid to dock his completion % and forces too much. Take a sack sometimes or throw it away. He literally threw it right to a D lineman twice last night because he wouldn't take the sack

When he's facing the amount of pressure that he is, I don't blame him for making errant throws. You think Brady and Rodgers could do better under the same circumstances? The play calling has obviously hurt the most with Payton gone. No adjustments or stability is going to cause problems like this. I'll give you the points before half time..way too relaxed on that drive.

What bothers me the most about these posts is people can be such fair weather fans. Look in the GDTs from previous wins. If Brees is hot he's GOAT. If he ducks, time to draft a QB. Give me a break.

First off, My opinions are my opinions... I do not need nor care if you agree with them. I respect your decision not to but my opinion is what it is and that won't change.

Second, you can check my post scoop... I've stayed true in my assesment that Brees has been on a minor decline since late last season. I understand that the man has had to evade pressure, what QB in the NFL dosen't but not many of them have the richest contract in the sport hanging over there head. Yes brees is still an elite QB, Yes he has been pressing all season, Yes in crunch time he's been horrid aganist the good competition, No it isnt all his fault, No it won't get better for him, No it isnt all because Sean Payton isnt there, Yes the Saints will be cap straped and not be able to give him the help he needs, Yes what you see is what your gonna get, Yes Brees play will be FAR more scrutinized by fans and meida because of his cap number, Yes that is just the way of the busniess, Yes Drew brought that on himself, Yes Drew fought for the Manning deal over the Brady deal, Yes fans have the right to question him and his play because of it, No that does not make them fair weather fans, Yes fans who refuse to see anything wrong in Brees game simply because of his past accomplishment are blinded by passion for the player, No there is nothing wrong with that & No not all fans are going to feel the same.

All my opinions... they differ from others but still won't change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Cmon guys, some of these posts make me sick. Brees has his all time worst game, well really a two game stretch, but before those two games, he had a chance at the season MVP. Granted, it was an outside chance, but a chance nonetheless. This entire team is a mess and its finally caught up with Brees. He simply can't carry a team this bad anymore.

It doesn't matter if the defense has been playing better, they've been so bad for years that Brees is used to having to outscore every opponent, can't depend on any kind of stop. And this year, they were so freakin terrible it was unbelievable. And to add on top of that, this team's obsession with running Ingram has been the biggest reason for this years offensive failures. Face it guys, Ingram is our worst back by a long shot. Will he ever get better? Maybe, but right now he's pretty bad. You can't really blame Brees for not wanting to run the ball when Ingram gets most the carries. Even when another back comes in, the damage is done, because Brees is so used to wasting downs with Ingram. Now, I'm not excusing Brees' terrible play lately, but this season was never going anywhere when the defense was this bad for half of it. Not to mention offseason bountygate, suspensions, etc, we all knew this season was gonna be tough to sit through.

Fun fact: If season ended today, it still wouldn't be Brees' worst season ever by a long shot, as far as TD/INT ratio goes anyway.

Bottom line, Brees let this team down the last couple of weeks, and it hurts bad but it also breeds overreaction. Brees can most certainly get back to his elite, HOF form, and i'm confident he will. Two bad games and now everyone is talking about drafting a replacement, lets save all this talk for much later. Drew Brees has done enough for this city that he has earned the right to play a few bad games and get away with it.

EDIT: Also, go digging enough and you'll find some downright disgusting games from every elite QB. Including multiple postseason choke jobs. It happens guys. Bad as this looks, lets please not overreact.

The overreacting is the adamant defending that Brees can do no wrong...

Look, All I suggested is my opinion that Brees is on a slight decline and while still an elite QB it would be in the best intrest of the franchise that his replacement be drafted and begin the grooming process over the next two season because I highly doubt that with the progression of his play and age in the 4th year of his contract where he will be owed 20 million per that the Saints and Tom Benson will pay that for him.

Never did I say Brees is gone or needs to go, Never did I not consider him elite but you mention one cross word or comment even suggestion it then the backlashing starts and the overracting comments come in.

So I ask you... who's really the ones overracting here? Rolling Eyes

Jlowe22

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:

Look, All I suggested is my opinion that Brees is on a slight decline and while still an elite QB it would be in the best intrest of the franchise that his replacement be drafted and begin the grooming process over the next two season because I highly doubt that with the progression of his play and age in the 4th year of his contract where he will be owed 20 million per that the Saints and Tom Benson will pay that for him.

Never did I say Brees is gone or needs to go, Never did I not consider him elite but you mention one cross word or comment even suggestion it then the backlashing starts and the overracting comments come in.

So I ask you... who's really the ones overracting here?Rolling Eyes

I respect your opinion and understand it, and I'm not gonna point any fingers but it certainly isn't me who is overreacting. I've always said Brees biggest weakness as a QB is the fact that he throws too many picks. It sucks, but its the truth. He's not the GOAT, and unless he plays out of his mind from here on out, he never will be. But he is by far the best QB New Orleans has ever had, and is part of the reason this city still has an NFL team.

What has happened this year was a perfect storm of failures that started years ago with Gregg Williams and everyone's acceptance that his half assed defenses were ok because they did just enough for Brees to go out there and win us some games, and hell even a superbowl. Then the bad decision to hold out for money combined with the bountygate suspensions, and I was facepalming from the start. From the very first 3 and out against the Redskins the facepalming started and I prepared myself for what I knew was gonna be a disgusting season. But through it all, even though Brees was having a bad season by his standards he was still playing some good football and eventually got us to .500. Everything looked as if it might turn around, defense, run game, everything, then boom, Brees does what he has very very rarely ever done, and that is become the reason we lose some games. So yeah, I completely acknowledge the fact that Brees can indeed do wrong, like every other human being.

But look, nobody was calling for his head in 2010, when he threw 22 picks. Then a year later there are, somewhat laughable but still, Brees GOAT? threads in the general and this offense looks unstoppable. But this year, circumstances are so bad around this team, that I don't believe any QB in existence past or present could have overcome. The 2012 Saints are just a crap team and with a lesser QB possibly the worst in the league. I have faith the ship will be righted by next season and if I'm wrong, then so be it, but Brees is our guy, through thick and thin, he's most definitely earned it. If you wanna draft a QB of the future next year is horrible time to do so with the prospects we've seen thus far, and IMO far too early anyway to start giving up on Brees.

Brees hasn't just been a solid player for this team, he's been absolutely phenomenal and aside from putting up some insane stats and records over the years, he led this team to its first ever superbowl. The stats aren't everything, but boy has Brees put up some astronomical ones, with higher postseason QBR and TD/INT ratio than either Brady or Manning, two arguable GOATs. The laundry list of things he's done can't, or rather, shouldn't be forgotten so quickly. Especially by the fans. He may be on the decline, and if so that's a sad thing to see, but its far too early to say downright that he is in anything other than a slump.

IMO, this season was destined for failure from the start and there is plenty of blame to go around, but I believe Brees should be the least of our worries, there is nothing about his character or ability that leads me to believe he's gonna go down like this and there's no way I'm calling for his head, when the plethora of other problems we face are as serious as they are. If anything on this team has proven it can overcome adversity and take this thing to the next level, it is Drew Brees.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:

I respect your opinion and understand it, and I'm not gonna point any fingers but it certainly isn't me who is overreacting. I've always said Brees biggest weakness as a QB is the fact that he throws too many picks. It sucks, but its the truth. He's not the GOAT, and unless he plays out of his mind from here on out, he never will be. But he is by far the best QB New Orleans has ever had, and is part of the reason this city still has an NFL team.

What has happened this year was a perfect storm of failures that started years ago with Gregg Williams and everyone's acceptance that his half assed defenses were ok because they did just enough for Brees to go out there and win us some games, and hell even a superbowl. Then the bad decision to hold out for money combined with the bountygate suspensions, and I was facepalming from the start. From the very first 3 and out against the Redskins the facepalming started and I prepared myself for what I knew was gonna be a disgusting season. But through it all, even though Brees was having a bad season by his standards he was still playing some good football and eventually got us to .500. Everything looked as if it might turn around, defense, run game, everything, then boom, Brees does what he has very very rarely ever done, and that is become the reason we lose some games. So yeah, I completely acknowledge the fact that Brees can indeed do wrong, like every other human being.

But look, nobody was calling for his head in 2010, when he threw 22 picks. Then a year later there are, somewhat laughable but still, Brees GOAT? threads in the general and this offense looks unstoppable. But this year, circumstances are so bad around this team, that I don't believe any QB in existence past or present could have overcome. The 2012 Saints are just a crap team and with a lesser QB possibly the worst in the league. I have faith the ship will be righted by next season and if I'm wrong, then so be it, but Brees is our guy, through thick and thin, he's most definitely earned it. If you wanna draft a QB of the future next year is horrible time to do so with the prospects we've seen thus far, and IMO far too early anyway to start giving up on Brees.

Brees hasn't just been a solid player for this team, he's been absolutely phenomenal and aside from putting up some insane stats and records over the years, he led this team to its first ever superbowl. The stats aren't everything, but boy has Brees put up some astronomical ones, with higher postseason QBR and TD/INT ratio than either Brady or Manning, two arguable GOATs. The laundry list of things he's done can't, or rather, shouldn't be forgotten so quickly. Especially by the fans. He may be on the decline, and if so that's a sad thing to see, but its far too early to say downright that he is in anything other than a slump.

IMO, this season was destined for failure from the start and there is plenty of blame to go around, but I believe Brees should be the least of our worries, there is nothing about his character or ability that leads me to believe he's gonna go down like this and there's no way I'm calling for his head, when the plethora of other problems we face are as serious as they are. If anything on this team has proven it can overcome adversity and take this thing to the next level, it is Drew Brees.

I agree with everything that you said.

Let me make my stance clear on this because I feel some on here have taken my comments out of context.

1. I love Drew Brees and respect all that he's done for this city and franchise.

2. I believe that Drew Brees is absoutly the quarterback of the Saints now and into the future.

3. I do actknowledge that I feel Brees is on a decline but by no way am I suggesting he is still not one of the best in the busniess.

4. For this offense and Drew Brees to continue to be successful, changes will indeed need to be made in scheme as well as personnel.

5. The busniess side of this game cannot allow me to ingnore that fact that Brees is 34 years old and is on basically a 3 year contract that has team otpions in 2015 & 2016 for 20 mill per. No one on this site can say absoutly that in the offseason of 2014 the Saints will be willing to commit 20 mill to a 36/37 year old Brees. That is the facts!

6. In that case, I (and this is my opinion) feel it would be better to have that quarterback in waiting ready to go then to rather have to scramble for one if Brees and the Saints cannot come to a restructured contract.

7. Having a young high touted QB in waiting also has other benfits. Brees as he sits now as absoutly ZERO threat from Chase Daniel. No other QB drafted would be one either at first. But I am a strong believer that competition breeds success and maybe Brees has become just a tad complacent. Having Sean Payton draft a highly touted QB sends a strong message accross the board to his entire team including his superstar quarterback that being complacent will not be tolerated. If a QB is drafted, Brees would know full well that the clock is ticking for him and it is up to him to prolong his successor's take over. Due to his contract and age he would feel the pressure as well as the rest of the team that this franchise's #1 goal is to continue to be a winner and will do whatever is nessary to accomplish that. Therefor creating competitave competition that will breed success while at the same time protect our future.

Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:

I agree with everything that you said.

Let me make my stance clear on this because I feel some on here have taken my comments out of context.

1. I love Drew Brees and respect all that he's done for this city and franchise.

2. I believe that Drew Brees is absoutly the quarterback of the Saints now and into the future.

3. I do actknowledge that I feel Brees is on a decline but by no way am I suggesting he is still not one of the best in the busniess.

4. For this offense and Drew Brees to continue to be successful, changes will indeed need to be made in scheme as well as personnel.

5. The busniess side of this game cannot allow me to ingnore that fact that Brees is 34 years old and is on basically a 3 year contract that has team otpions in 2015 & 2016 for 20 mill per. No one on this site can say absoutly that in the offseason of 2014 the Saints will be willing to commit 20 mill to a 36/37 year old Brees. That is the facts!

6. In that case, I (and this is my opinion) feel it would be better to have that quarterback in waiting ready to go then to rather have to scramble for one if Brees and the Saints cannot come to a restructured contract.

7. Having a young high touted QB in waiting also has other benfits. Brees as he sits now as absoutly ZERO threat from Chase Daniel. No other QB drafted would be one either at first. But I am a strong believer that competition breeds success and maybe Brees has become just a tad complacent. Having Sean Payton draft a highly touted QB sends a strong message accross the board to his entire team including his superstar quarterback that being complacent will not be tolerated. If a QB is drafted, Brees would know full well that the clock is ticking for him and it is up to him to prolong his successor's take over. Due to his contract and age he would feel the pressure as well as the rest of the team that this franchise's #1 goal is to continue to be a winner and will do whatever is nessary to accomplish that. Therefor creating competitave competition that will breed success while at the same time protect our future.

Yeah, I understand that and I'm all for drafting great players, including QBs. I can most certainly see the benefit of bringing in a possible replacement for Brees. But goodness, this next year is an awful time to do so, and I still feel that Brees will be here for years to come. Unless he completely falls apart these next two seasons, I really don't see Brees going anywhere.
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

I agree with Worm here in several aspects.

We are all aware of what this team needs. I believe NS922 said it best, the biggest reason for the miscues this season is well... no Sean Payton. That is not the only reason however. A new DC came into town bringing a new scheme into town. That takes time to learn and implement. Also, from Spags standpoint, he has to observe how his players react to that scheme...all this takes time. With that said, we DO NOT have the same talent level that Spags had in New York. He has, over the last 4.25 games, turned this defense around. And credit is due to all the players and coaches.

Now to look at things moving forward. I actually think Malcolm Jenkins is grasping the FS position under Spags. Yes, in the first half of the season he looked pathetic out there. But now he is utilizing the talent to his advantage (he is the QB of the defense, Spags' words). Lofton is our MLB and has become a leader on the defense. We need more athleticism in the LB corps though. The D-Line has grown with players like Cam Jordan and Akiem Hicks. We need a pass rusher for the right side. Jordan and Hicks are good and continue to grow into Spags defensive scheme. I personally like the improvement of this defense.

Now to offense. Brees IS an elite QB! Let's get that straight. The fact that Mr. Nassib is coming out of college with a NFL type skill set is extremely promising and rare to find. We should take advantage of this. Use Nassib as a number 1 draft choice as more incentive to sign Payton long-term.

I'll do some research and create a draft thread befor the Pro-Bowl starts. But for now, I say try to get to 1st round picks... get Nassib and a DL guy (bpa would be great). I like Ingram but lets face it... he should be one of the guys to part ways with this franchise this offseason. Ivory, IMO, is our RB for next 3-5 years. We need OT sleepers to replace the rather bad ones we currently have.

Brees is the highest paid QB. We need to surround him with people that will protect that investment.

I forget who said it (I think Raves did??). The defense feeds off the offense and vice versa. And, oh by the way, special teams does too.

Dear FO: You've got some fans here that know a thing or two about this team. I know to run a football team, it's not always a wise choice to listen to the fans... but at least consider a few ideas please. Thank you!

--voodoo

^NS922 on the sig^
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm glad you guys can butt heads and strongly disagree with each other without resorting to name calling and petty remarks,

We need more guys like you in NFL Gen!

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
i'm glad you guys can butt heads and strongly disagree with each other without resorting to name calling and petty remarks,

We need more guys like you in NFL Gen!

Very Happy

The problem in NFL Gen, is that everyone finds any excuse possible to bash other teams and their QB, especially the elite QBs. And its fun to start name calling when this happens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: