Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 13: Saints @ Falcons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
People will hate this and I'm not overreacting to one game but thinking of the season as a hole... Drew Brees will not see the 4th year of his contract with the Saints.

He's not as accurate as he used to be, he is everything right as well as everything wrong with this team mentality wise. Drew has about 4 more seasons left in this leauge but at his price only 2 will be in the black and gold. It's time this offseason to draft his eventual replacement and protect our future. Yes we have major needs but by the time this roster is rebuilt brees will be gone.

Ryan Nassib sure looks like a attractive option this April!

$100 mil contract
7 INTs in 2 games
cost us any realistic chance of at least a wild card

Now, to respond to the other comments. I firmly believe the defense (barring a few needed replacements) shows alot of promise under Spags. Namely Akiem Hicks stands out in my eyes... dare I say bright spot of draft/offseason.

If Payton comes back (I think he will), Carmichael needs to go elsewhere.

We need OT bad, after all Brees (despite 7 picks in 2 games) is here for at least two more years. DLP is decent at times but only it seems when the guards or tackles come over to help. So, I'd say OTs and a center are as much a need as pass rusher and safety/CB. I think Joe Morgan showed he ca be a legitimate deep threat.

^NS922 on the sig^
NS922

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
People will hate this and I'm not overreacting to one game but thinking of the season as a hole... Drew Brees will not see the 4th year of his contract with the Saints.

He's not as accurate as he used to be, he is everything right as well as everything wrong with this team mentality wise. Drew has about 4 more seasons left in this leauge but at his price only 2 will be in the black and gold. It's time this offseason to draft his eventual replacement and protect our future. Yes we have major needs but by the time this roster is rebuilt brees will be gone.

SEAN PAYTON IS NOT THERE WHAT DO YOU EXPECT

sheesh, sorry but sheesh
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

SEAN PAYTON IS NOT THERE WHAT DO YOU EXPECT

sheesh, sorry but sheesh

Save me your Sean Payton is not here bull... When you are paying a man 100 mil over 5 years there is NO excuses!

Like I said, Sure fans that are loyal to the player and not the team will hate this but the fact is that Drew is in a decline even back to the last 6 games of the 2011 season. Sure he's still one of the top NFL QB's but he isn't getting better and his skills are dimenishing. The Saints are on the hook for him at least through the 2014 season but after that it's over dude, get used to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brees' ability is fine. The problem is the lack of balance in the playcalling is killing us.

Even in the SF game. Oh P-Rob got an INT we're at our own 30 with 30 seconds remaining? Throw it.

Oh our D just made another stop and we're within 7? Throw it.

Oh the D we're facing has dropped 8 into coverage and rushed only 4? Throw it.

Seriously boggles my mind. We were having so much success when the freaking offense was balanced, but wouldn't you know it, we just had to freaking throw the god damn ball.

Honest to god, what I wouldn't kill for a balanced showing from this team. When Brees and the offense show up, D does not. When D has shown up the past 2 games, Brees and the O craps the bed.

Really disappointed.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We need OT bad, after all Brees (despite 7 picks in 2 games) is here for at least two more years. DLP is decent at times but only it seems when the guards or tackles come over to help. So, I'd say OTs and a center are as much a need as pass rusher and safety/CB. I think Joe Morgan showed he ca be a legitimate deep threat

We can talk needs all we want... don't have money and short on draft picks.

Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Brees hasn't lost any ability, he's still making all the throws he used to. This isn't anything new guys. This game was definitely an all-time low but Drew Brees has always thrown tons of INTs, mainly because he's such a risk taker.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
Brees' ability is fine. The problem is the lack of balance in the playcalling is killing us.

Even in the SF game. Oh P-Rob got an INT we're at our own 30 with 30 seconds remaining? Throw it.

Oh our D just made another stop and we're within 7? Throw it.

Oh the D we're facing has dropped 8 into coverage and rushed only 4? Throw it.

Seriously boggles my mind. We were having so much success when the freaking offense was balanced, but wouldn't you know it, we just had to freaking throw the god damn ball.

Honest to god, what I wouldn't kill for a balanced showing from this team. When Brees and the offense show up, D does not. When D has shown up the past 2 games, Brees and the O craps the bed.

Really disappointed.

QUESTION: Do you honestly think that Brees has nothing to do with that? Do you really think thats all Carmichael?

I think you know the answer to that Wink

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Drew Brees hasn't lost any ability, he's still making all the throws he used to. This isn't anything new guys. This game was definitely an all-time low but Drew Brees has always thrown tons of INTs, mainly because he's such a risk taker.

Now just an overpaid one that restricts his teams ability to put a quality TEAM around him.

Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

Like I said, Sure fans that are loyal to the player and not the team will hate this but the fact is that Drew is in a decline even back to the last 6 games of the 2011 season. Sure he's still one of the top NFL QB's but he isn't getting better and his skills are dimenishing. The Saints are on the hook for him at least through the 2014 season but after that it's over dude, get used to it!

So did you say he was on the decline before these last two games?

Brees is not on the decline. He just came off a record breaking season, and before the last two games, was playing fine. Yes he cost the last two games, that doesn't mean decline.

And please, someone has a differing opinion to yours doesn't mean they are not loyal team. Please stop with the ignorance and get off your high horse. Differing opinions exist. Shocking I know.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
NS922

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Now just an overpaid one that restricts his teams ability to put a quality TEAM around him.

So who would you rather play QB for us? You think HOF QBs sprout from the ground or something?
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

So who would you rather play QB for us? You think HOF QBs sprout from the ground or something?

You got me all wrong here... Drew Brees WILL be the QB for the Saints and should be for the next two years. I do believe however that this front office needs to SERIOUSLY consider the future at the position this offseason. I don't see Brees here in 2015 (two years) so having his replacement ready to go will be a tough pill to swallow now but is the right move for the future of this franchise.

This is the contract that Brees fought for and got. What he was left with is on him and yes when your making that kinda money the fans have the right to question him as much as parise him.

Im a Saints fan 1st and a Brees fan 2nd!

jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing Sean Payton was HUGE. But, ya can't use that as the primary explanation for this team's woes.

This offseason, shake things up a bit and look to the future. Spags defense is coming around and will continue to progress. He has had the daunting task of re-teaching coaches and players fundamentals that was not there under GW.

Offense is at its best if and only if a BALANCED attack is pursued. Stop this one dimensional BS!

BALANCE is key to turning this into a winning season... period, point blank!

^NS922 on the sig^
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

So did you say he was on the decline before these last two games?

Brees is not on the decline. He just came off a record breaking season, and before the last two games, was playing fine. Yes he cost the last two games, that doesn't mean decline.

And please, someone has a differing opinion to yours doesn't mean they are not loyal team. Please stop with the ignorance and get off your high horse. Differing opinions exist. Shocking I know.

Having a differing opinion is one thing... putting a player on such a high pedestal that you can't even call out his flaws is another and I refuse to do it.

Yes, I felt that Brees was on a decline ever since the last 6 games of the 2011 season. I covered that during the arguments about his contract extention this past offseason. Does that mean I feel Brees is now a bottom feeding QB just because I feel his skills are declining, NO that thought process only comes from a die hard fan that can never see Brees in a bad light no matter what and would take my comments out of context like you have.

You feel Brees is not on a decline simply due to his 2011 performance and maybe your right but in 2011 he wasent under a 100 million dollar contract and dident lose key offensive players because of it. Drew is on a decline because this team is on a decline and because of his contract situation this team will continue to patch their way around mediocrity as long as he is on the books.

I love Drew Brees as a player, Person and leader but I look at things without fan goggles and without tunnel vision and try to take things for what they are. If that is your interpertation of a high horse than so be it but it will take alot more than your juvenile tone and obvious passion for Brees to either get me to stop thinking the way I do or to go away. Wink

potus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously? I seriously wonder if people actually watch games sometimes.

The last two games Brees has had way too much pressure in his face, particularly from the outside. The first play that comes to mind was when Abraham just ran by Strief and sacked Brees in about 1 second. The lack of quality tackles is the problem on offense, not Brees.

The same thing is happening to the Packers right now..their line is in shambles and Rodgers is putting up way less numbers than his norm. Do you see them calling for his head?
saintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potus wrote:
Seriously? I seriously wonder if people actually watch games sometimes.

The last two games Brees has had way too much pressure in his face, particularly from the outside. The first play that comes to mind was when Abraham just ran by Strief and sacked Brees in about 1 second. The lack of quality tackles is the problem on offense, not Brees.

The same thing is happening to the Packers right now..their line is in shambles and Rodgers is putting up way less numbers than his norm. Do you see them calling for his head?
Did you see some of the INTs? He had plenty of time on the first one, threw a stupid pass way too late and it was picked in the EZ. What about not getting points before the half? That wasn't a pressure situation, it was bad clock management by Brees. One of the picks in the second half where Brees tried to throw to Henderson...no pressure there, he just made a stupud throw. Yes he is getting more pressure than previous years, but that doesn't excuse his stupid throws hes been making this season. Hes too afraid to dock his completion % and forces too much. Take a sack sometimes or throw it away. He literally threw it right to a D lineman twice last night because he wouldn't take the sack

Adopt-A-Saint 2013
Keenan Lewis 41 tackles 10 PD 3 INT 1 FF
Pierre Thomas 136 car 521 yds 71 rec 503 yds 4 TDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: