Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rolando McClain?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spends

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Rolando McClain? Reply with quote

Do you think we will put a Waiver Claim in for him?

I know he played in a 3-4 w/Alabama 3 years ago, but the main knock on him is bad run support in the Raiders 4-3 this year.

That being said, I think it would be great to get some competition in here for Lee and Carter as we try to determine if they are going to be future cornerstones for our defense. In addition, clearly we need a legit backup since they are both injury prone to this point in their career.

Thoughts, Concerns, Jokes....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is only 23, but 4 mil in 2013 and almost 6 mil in 2014 is a lot for a 3rd or 4th ILB. Not to mention, if he does anything wrong outside of football, he'll probably be facing a lengthy suspension, due to his assault conviction. I'd have to pass.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not interested except for minimum wage

Sig courtesy of mack.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hasn't been released, so it's of little issue at this point.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Spends

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay let me rephrase.

If McClain makes it through waivers would you like to bring him in for a workout?

I did not know about his salary.

NOTE: It is of little issue because he didn't get released yet? How about the threads speculating about players in the draft who haven't even declared yet? Shocked

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spends wrote:
Okay let me rephrase.

If McClain makes it through waivers would you like to bring him in for a workout?

NOTE: It is of little issue he didn't get released yet? How about the threads speculating about players in the draft who haven't even declared yet? Shocked

Why would we focus on a player whom, as of now, is not available? We don't know if or when the Raiders will release him, so it's not worth heavy consideration at this point. It's much different when talking about a senior in college or a college player whom we know will be entering the draft.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Spends

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Spends wrote:
Okay let me rephrase.

NOTE: It is of little issue he didn't get released yet? How about the threads speculating about players in the draft who haven't even declared yet? Shocked

Why would we focus on a player whom, as of now, is not available? We don't know if or when the Raiders will release him, so it's not worth heavy consideration at this point. It's much different when talking about a senior in college or a college player whom we know will be entering the draft.

No one asked you to focus on anything. It was a pretty simple question.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Spends wrote:
Okay let me rephrase.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8688668/rolando-mcclain-released-oakland-raiders-according-source

Apparently, he's already been notified that he will be released today. By the way, we talk about players that are scheduled to be free agents, even though they could get an extension or franchised. Not like we're commenting officially for the Cowboys legal department, so I say discuss all you want people.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McClain won't come here anyway. He doesn't fit the mold of a 'RKG' that Garrett wants on this team.

^^^mack
JWingate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spends wrote:
Okay let me rephrase.

NOTE: It is of little issue because he didn't get released yet? How about the threads speculating about players in the draft who haven't even declared yet? Shocked

In the NFL Draft thread we only focus on Senior who will be available until Juniors declare is when we will pay them some attention.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Spends wrote:
Okay let me rephrase.

In the NFL Draft thread we only focus on Senior who will be available until Juniors declare is when we will pay them some attention.

That is great.

However, that is not the only thread discussing draft prospects in this forum.

I'll remember how difficult it was to get some conversation going next time I think to post a thread to this site.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spends wrote:
JWingate wrote:
Spends wrote:
Okay let me rephrase.

That is great.

I'll remember how difficult it was to get some conversation going next time I think to post a thread to this site.

No one is saying you can't post a topic.

It's just not realistic that McClain would come here when you consider his legal troubles, lazy attitude and other problems.

^^^mack
Spends

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Spends wrote:
JWingate wrote:
Spends wrote:
Okay let me rephrase.

That is great.

No one is saying you can't post a topic.

It's just not realistic that McClain would come here when you consider his legal troubles, lazy attitude and other problems.

I feel as though people are having reading comprehension problems today.

The point is the difficulty in getting legit responses, not the ability to post a topic.

On a side note - what about legal problems and lazy attitude doesn't fit on this team?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spends wrote:
On a side note - what about legal problems and lazy attitude doesn't fit on this team?

He discharged a firearm in public. Please find one player on this team who has serious legal problems.

^^^mack
atran35

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to Pacman Jones and Tank Johnson experiment, I don't believe Jerry Jones or Jason Garrett want to gamble with a player such as him.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: