Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A call to Chief's fans in wake of this tragedy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhillyChief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: A call to Chief's fans in wake of this tragedy Reply with quote

Today's events are hitting me hard.

Growing up on Kansas City's 27th street (one of the most dangerous blocks in the country) in the 1990's has really shaped my life. It is a place of violence, that left me very angry as a youth. I saw several friends die, become imprisoned, or seek outlets in things like drugs or crime. It is why I became a social worker. It is also, why I became a Chiefs fan.

During that time, several players had charities that impacted the youth in our area...especially DT's Thrid and Long foundation, and later Dante Hall who rebuilt the park and football field of my High School (Central H.S.). The team was a part of our community, and I wasn't naive to call some of these players my "heroes."

To be honest, while many players are still active, the culture has changed since Carl left and many programs like this no longer exist. Unfortunately, the anger and crime in the inner-city is still there. Considering Chief's fans are some of the most passionate on the planet, and we have lent our voice behind movements such as Save our Chiefs...I would like to urge all that is listening and willing to email the Chiefs and urge them to establish something to honor Belcher's child. Ideally, I would love to see a foundation to support conflict resolution and depression awareness so that things like the can be less common in our city. Also, Belcher did not necessarily earn a high salary...and because he committed suicide, his life insurance will most likely be voided. It would be great to see the team support his child somehow as well

Yes, today's events are a tragedy, but I am a firm believer that good can come from it. Please email, facebook, call, twitter, or whatever else you can to get our team respond as champions. We as fans have some power to shape our team and it's city.
EB29

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good idea, that poor child. My heart goes out to them.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
sandiegoraider1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to come in to say that I wish you guys and especially the little girl the absolute best in these awful circumstances truly an awful awful thing no idea how i'd handle it if something similar were to occur with my team. Human lives>>>>>>football

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: