Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Barrett's Midseason Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Barrett's Midseason Mock Reply with quote

Retirements/Not returning

Donald Driver: Pretty easy decision here with DD being up there in age, and the likely-hood of winning another Super Bowl this year within reach. If he doesn't retire before training camp, I'd see this playing out just like it did for Hines Ward.

Finley: He could be the best player on this team, but his mentality will always get the better of him. It's time to cut the losses and drops and start fresh.

I don't quite see Saturday being cut or retiring. I know not many people here are fond of his play, but it seems like the organization is.

Free agents

Lol no.

Resignings

Cwood: Restructure, sees snaps on obvious blitz packages.

Greg Jennings: He isn't going anywhere.

Crab: Self explanatory.

Sam Shields: He's not bad, but just good enough.

Brad Jones: Can play ILB/OLB and is invaluable to a 3-4 defense that suffers injuries consistently.

Evan Dietrich-Smith: Just like Jones, he can play multiple positions and find success at each and every one.

Cedric Benson: Earns the hard-fought yards and still has tires worth kicking.

Draft needs:

QB: Rodgers/Harrell
RB: Benson/Starks/Green
FB: Kuhn/Crabtree/Williams
WR: Nelson/Jennings/Jones/Cobb/Boykin
TE: Quarless/Crabtree/Williams
LT: Sherrod/Newhouse
LG: Lang/EDS/Wilson
C: Saturday/EDS
RG: Sitton
RT: Bulaga/Sherrod/Newhouse

DT: Raji/Pickett
DE: Worthy/Neal/Wilson
ROLB: Matthews/Moses/Zombo
LOLB: Perry/Walden
ILB: Hawk/Bishop/Jones/Smith/Lattimore
CB: Williams/Hayward/House/Bush
FS: Burnett/Jennings
SS: McMilllan/Jennings

Obvious needs at RG, WR, TE, 3QB, FS/SS, DL.

Draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

1st

Barrett Jones, C/G, Alabama

2nd

Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA

3rd

Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida

4th

Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma

4th (comp)

Anthony White, NT, Michigan State

5th

Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State

6th

Omar Hunter, DT, Florida

7th

Not loving any of the quarterbacks here, but my homerism elects

Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vandy

Hope you like it.

Last edited by CallMeBarrett on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh snap the Honey Badger is entering the NFL draft.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One: your depth chart lacks Jennings and lists wr as an obvious need hike you say we resign him.

Two of your players were also in mine in similar spots, white and mini Rodgers. I obviously like those.

Jones is the regular pick around here but he does fit so well for us.

Not a fan of fauria that early. I think his upside is limited.

Overall it's pretty good

CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
One: your depth chart lacks Jennings and lists wr as an obvious need hike you say we resign him.

Two of your players were also in mine in similar spots, white and mini Rodgers. I obviously like those.

Jones is the regular pick around here but he does fit so well for us.

Not a fan of fauria that early. I think his upside is limited.

Overall it's pretty good

Well crap.

I'm not really used to making mocks, I believe this is my second one.

I'd like to do the cap space and stuff too, just gotta do more research I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3QB? Does not compute. Unless you're talking practice squad. I think Coleman will beat out hill personally, and I'm fine with leaving Jordan on PS. I'm just not that high on Jordan. Though I'm sure he would never come here unless we drafted him, nobody likes to hang in a shadow
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
3QB? Does not compute. Unless you're talking practice squad. I think Coleman will beat out hill personally, and I'm fine with leaving Jordan on PS. I'm just not that high on Jordan. Though I'm sure he would never come here unless we drafted him, nobody likes to hang in a shadow

Coleman vs Rodgers for the PS, lol.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we really want a Rodgers issue in GB? Last thing we want is Favre/Rodgers with Rodgers/Coleman if Coleman gets the job over Rodgers. Honestly only fam that would be worth having is Clay's cousin (I think that's who he is to him)

#FREEBARRINGTON
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Do we really want a Rodgers issue in GB? Last thing we want is Favre/Rodgers with Rodgers/Coleman if Coleman gets the job over Rodgers. Honestly only fam that would be worth having is Clay's cousin (I think that's who he is to him)

It was more of a homer pick than anything else.

I'd just like to see Harrell and Coleman have competition to keep the pace up in practice.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you're overstating the certainty in GJ. We've functioned perfectly fine without him and with extensions needed for Clay/Rodgers/Raji in the near future I'd rather allocate that money elsewhere.

Same thing with Woodson. We've basically got his replacement on the team in Casey Hayward. I just doubt there's any way you can get CWood to restructure low enough to his actual value.

Do not re-sign Benson. He's just a big steaming pile of meh. Find better options in FA or draft, the running game needs to be upgraded and there's no use in having him eat a roster spot from younger guys who are more explosive.

I love Barrett Jones, think he's a great fit.

I like Fauria's athleticism, need to see him more blocking to know if I love the fit, but he's a matchup nightmare with his height/speed.

Almost had Gillislee to the Pack in my last mock, really like the way he runs.

Kenny Stills is a head case.

Obvi like Phillip Thomas, check my last mock.

Jordan Rodgers is a nice homer pick, but that has potential issues that just aren't worth a 7th round pick who is a backup QB at best.

Really like the draft overall, but don't care for the other off-season dealings.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Think you're overstating the certainty in GJ. We've functioned perfectly fine without him and with extensions needed for Clay/Rodgers/Raji in the near future I'd rather allocate that money elsewhere.

Same thing with Woodson. We've basically got his replacement on the team in Casey Hayward. I just doubt there's any way you can get CWood to restructure low enough to his actual value.

Do not re-sign Benson. He's just a big steaming pile of meh. Find better options in FA or draft, the running game needs to be upgraded and there's no use in having him eat a roster spot from younger guys who are more explosive.

I like Fauria's athleticism, need to see him more blocking to know if I love the fit, but he's a matchup nightmare with his height/speed.

Jordan Rodgers is a nice homer pick, but that has potential issues that just aren't worth a 7th round pick who is a backup QB at best.

Really like the draft overall, but don't care for the other off-season dealings.

Still newer to mock drafts. I guess it's better than "lol u suck."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CallMeBarrett wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

Still newer to mock drafts. I guess it's better than "lol u suck."

I really like the draft, save for Kenny Stills, who has major head issues IMO.

We've just got extensions coming up with Rodgers/Clay/Raji and we're loaded at WR and can just spend a mid round on one to replace depth and possibly use the money to upgrade OT or RB that we don't use on Woodson/Jennings/Benson.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously with the news of Benson's season ending surgery, he won't be coming back next season unless something everything goes to the crapper.

I believe Jennings is tagged and/or traded for a 2nd or 3rd.

Saturday is just meh, but he isn't benched now and I doubt he will be. The chemistry is slowly looking better.

The Stills pick was based solely on his performance on the field. A man is always one moment of being humbled. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: