Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RG3 named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: RG3 named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month Reply with quote

Quote:
#Redskins QB RGIII has been named NFL Offensive Rookie of the month for the month of November.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/274154693079494656
Tom Brady Tribute
footy_29

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepsi Rookie of the Week - x4, and should get his 5th this week.
NFC Offensive Player of the Week - x2
NFC Offensive Rookie of the Month - x2

So....Offensive Rookie of they Year? Very Happy
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Legend

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Pepsi Rookie of the Week - x4, and should get his 5th this week.
NFC Offensive Player of the Week - x2
NFC Offensive Rookie of the Month - x2

So....Offensive Rookie of they Year? Very Happy

Anybody still think we gave up too much??

Rob Ryan said we gave up "half a team" to get him= LIE... Then someone commented well RG3 and the other half of that team just whipped your &%$ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that RGIII has brought excitement to D.C. and the beloved Redskins. I love that we finally have a QB who can play the game and is not a stop gap.

I love the notoriety that RGIII is getting and the pieces of the puzzle that have been put around him.

One thing that scares the crap out of me, is that he gets the Madden cover. Because, all the hype and pomp and circumstance that he is getting right now, is clearly making him a viable candidate for that. And with the cover comes the other.

While I feel that he wins OROY and Pro Bowl honors, the only accolade I hope for him to not receive is the Madden Cover.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
I love that RGIII has brought excitement to D.C. and the beloved Redskins. I love that we finally have a QB who can play the game and is not a stop gap.

I love the notoriety that RGIII is getting and the pieces of the puzzle that have been put around him.

One thing that scares the crap out of me, is that he gets the Madden cover. Because, all the hype and pomp and circumstance that he is getting right now, is clearly making him a viable candidate for that. And with the cover comes the other.

While I feel that he wins OROY and Pro Bowl honors, the only accolade I hope for him to not receive is the Madden Cover.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked NO NO NO Madden cover!!!
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8690603/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-tops-nfl-jersey-sales

hes now top in jersey sales Cool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8690603/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-tops-nfl-jersey-sales

hes now top in jersey sales Cool

Will get mine after the Madden Cover year so I don't double jinx him. But hey, he already helped us BREAK 3 streaks...
Maybe he's the guy to break the Madden &%$#( on the way to his first Superbowl Idea Twisted Evil
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well deserved. Is anyone else gonna be pissed if we miss the wildcard by one game....Panthers,Rams....

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Calvin Johnson is Madden proof.
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
DCRED wrote:
mike23md wrote:

seasons not over yet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He deserves it all and should get rookie of the year also.

Luck definitely has a case to be made as well though, and his team is better. Plus, Luck has helped guide his team through losing their HC to having treatments on his cancer this year.

Gonna be tough to be that, but, if anyone can do it, It's RG3 Very Happy !

This Giants game is so huge and for once I like our chances as do a lot of experst and it's all because of RG3.

If we make the Playoffs, I think Griffin is definitely a Lock for rookie of the year.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Well deserved. Is anyone else gonna be pissed if we miss the wildcard by one game....Panthers,Rams....
It would suck, but it's not like those aren't talented teams either. Neither game was a gimmie game or anything. Honestly, there are no gimmie games in the NFL. We've always struggled beating both teams in recent years. didn't surprise me we lost to them and even if we were 100% healthy, the outcomes may have been the same.

We just need to focus on winning these division games and at the least the Browns game. If we take care of our own business, those games shouldn't matter.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bowilson11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
He deserves it all and should get rookie of the year also.

Luck definitely has a case to be made as well though, and his team is better. Plus, Luck has helped guide his team through losing their HC to having treatments on his cancer this year.

Gonna be tough to be that, but, if anyone can do it, It's RG3 Very Happy !

This Giants game is so huge and for once I like our chances as do a lot of experst and it's all because of RG3.

If we make the Playoffs, I think Griffin is definitely a Lock for rookie of the year.
Turtle your point about Luck is valid, but he hasn't played against the caliber of teams that RG III has faced in his rookie season. The Colts have the better record, but everyone knows the Redskins had a much tougher schedule this year. I beg the differ that Luck's team is better. I don't think the Colts could beat us in a game right now. With that said how can anyone put Luck in the same sentence as RG III for ROY when their stats don't even compare and Luck played against weaker competition. There's still five (5) games to go in this season so I'm not awarding RG III the ROY just yet, but if the season ended today he would be the winner going away.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
DCRED wrote:
mike23md wrote:

seasons not over yet

The Madden Curse doesn't necessitate that the player get injured, just that they have a significant decline in performance after being on the cover. However, injuries are common.

For instance, Johnson's been banged up with a concussion and possible nerve damage in his hands. However, the bigger issue is his lack of touchdowns this season (only four). I forgot that he was on the cover of Madden when I took him in the first round of one of my fantasy drafts. Shockingly enough, that's the one league I'm in where I'm out of the playoffs (first time in three years (usually in four leagues per year)).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_Curse#Madden_Curse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: