Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Calvin Johnson named NFC Offensive Player of the Month

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Calvin Johnson named NFC Offensive Player of the Month Reply with quote

Quote:
#Lions WR Calvin Johnson was named NFC Offensive Player of the Month for the Month of November.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/274164784407138306
Tom Brady Tribute
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad he has been recognized. He is rather quietly having an amazing season. I hope he can get the record, that would give some positive light to this disappointing season.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Glad he has been recognized. He is rather quietly having an amazing season. I hope he can get the record, that would give some positive light to this disappointing season.

Madden curse.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, people will look at this season and see the low amount of TDs and shout MADDEN CURSE!!
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
The thing is, people will look at this season and see the low amount of TDs and shout MADDEN CURSE!!

Exactly. He has had a much larger amount of drops than usual, but the fact of the matter is the Madden curse is purely superstition. Some people believe in that stuff, I'm not one of them.
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flat out balled in the month of November.

Just keep throwing it to him Cool

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

32 catches, 619 yards, and 3 TDs in the last four games. He's leading the league in receiving by about 200 yards. Hell, he has more yards from scrimmage than anyone except Adrian Peterson and Doug Martin. But still, all anyone wants to talk about is the fact that he didn't score 10 TDs in the first five games like he did last season.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:

People unfortunately don't look at the big picture. But, if he can get the record it should go a long way toward people acknowledging his successful season.

Also... how many times has he been tackled within the 10 yard line? It's a lot, but I don't know the exact number.

Team Stylish313
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:

People unfortunately don't look at the big picture. But, if he can get the record it should go a long way toward people acknowledging his successful season.

Also... how many times has he been tackled within the 10 yard line? It's a lot, but I don't know the exact number.

As of early November it was 5 times within the 2 yard line. Article was before the MIN, GB, and HOU games so might be more now.

http://detroit.sbnation.com/lions/2012/11/5/3606790/calvin-johnson-stats-detroit-lions

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:

Oh yeah. I guess I didn't realize it, but Calvin is almost on pace to break Rice's single-season receiving yardage record. He's projected for 1,828, which is just 20 shy of the record. Anytime you're on a pace associated with Jerry Rice, you're in good company.

It's also interesting to note that if CJ gets to 1,636 yards, there will be three Detroit Lions in the top ten of single-season receiving yardage (Herman Moore's 1995 season is 6th all time; CJ's 2011 is 7th).

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
Maverick12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really,really hope he breaks the record. Just because I can't think of another receiver in football who deserves it more. Another big game on Sunday and we may need to start an official Megatron record watch. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: