Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rolando McClain
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Rolando McClain Reply with quote

Quote:
Former Bama LB Rolando McClain no longer with OAK. He writes: I'm gonna weigh my options. Looking forward to playing for an actual 'team'.

http://twitter.com/kyle_burger/statuses/273920739290279936

So I was pretty high on this guy during the draft. He was released by the Raiders. Should we take a shot on him and pick him up? I mean he can't be any worse then Belcher? Who knows he might straighten up his act and become a decent player.
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love it but i know how my luck goes with this team so I wont even bother wanting it to happen more than a "it would be nice" stance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is he will be claimed by someone, but if he isn't claimed, I would have him on the first flight to KC.

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way. I really liked him coming out of Alabama, but it looks like he he has a very questionable character. I don't think he is an upgrade over Belcher when on the field as he is even more of a liability in coverage than Belcher on his worst day (which is one of the main areas I would look to upgrade over Belcher, that and as a blitzer) and his attitude seems to be pretty poor and unprofessional.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
lawful yet1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
No way. I really liked him coming out of Alabama, but it looks like he he has a very questionable character. I don't think he is an upgrade over Belcher when on the field as he is even more of a liability in coverage than Belcher on his worst day (which is one of the main areas I would look to upgrade over Belcher, that and as a blitzer) and his attitude seems to be pretty poor and unprofessional.
skill wise a dam rock is a upgrade over belcher some players disapear for plays he vanish's for quarters id jump on picking up mclain worste case we get stuck with him for the rest of this crappy season were allready having. best case he comes in a fills a giant hole.
kcstomp63

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:

This is not directed towards you, but your character comment sparked up a rant.....

For now, I am done with the "Right 53" concept. Who cares if he doesn't have the greatest character? Maybe this team needs a couple bad boys to give us some attitude and that killer instinct that we have lacked all season.

N. Suh is someone I consider a dirty player, but I wouldn't hesitate bringing him to KC if he was available.

Point is, you have to have some high character guys to keep the team grounded, but it's nice to have a couple bad boys to give that attitude.

I know I am right because Gordon Bombay had the two bash brothers on his Mighty Ducks team and they won the freaking Gold Medal for team USA!!

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stomp, there's a difference between being mean and nasty like Suh, and being immature and getting into trouble off the field like McClain.

McClain was cleared of his charges for pulling a gun, but only because the witness decided not to testify.

He says he wants to play for a "team." Well, coming from Bama, and after being a team captain there, I could see how he didn't fit in the Raiders culture, even now.

I'd be willing to give McClain a shot after he clears waivers. No way I'd want to hold on to him at his current contract which slates him to make $4-5MM per season over the next few years.

^ryknowssd on the sig
kcstomp63

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Stomp, there's a difference between being mean and nasty like Suh, and being immature and getting into trouble off the field like McClain.

McClain was cleared of his charges for pulling a gun, but only because the witness decided not to testify.

He says he wants to play for a "team." Well, coming from Bama, and after being a team captain there, I could see how he didn't fit in the Raiders culture, even now.

I'd be willing to give McClain a shot after he clears waivers. No way I'd want to hold on to him at his current contract which slates him to make $4-5MM per season over the next few years.

I totally agree with you on mean and nasty vs immature and off the field issues, but as far as we know, this is his only incident. People make mistakes.

Ray Lewis was investigated for murder, but that didn't stop the Ravens from giving him another chance. He used that second chance to become one of the best defensive players that the game of football has ever seen.

Will this be McClain? Odds are that the answer is no, but the kid has shown he can be productive on the field. I say give him a shot. We don't really have anything to lose.

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7303825/oakland-raiders-lb-rolando-mcclain-arrested-assault-charges
Quote:
Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain was arrested Thursday on misdemeanor assault, firearms and other charges after police said he fired a gun during a fight in his Alabama hometown.

McClain, 22, held a gun beside a man's head during an altercation and the man begged him not to shoot, according to a statement released by Lt. John Crouch of the Decatur Police Department.

McClain, an All-American at Alabama during his junior year, moved the gun but fired a round beside the man's ear, according to the statement. No one was shot, but police said a man who was injured in the altercation drove himself to a hospital, where he was treated and released.

I'd possibly give him a shot (poor pun I suppose), but I'd only claim him on waivers if I'm not on the hook for the nearly $11MM over the next two seasons.

^ryknowssd on the sig
valkrei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take a shot at him the guy was a first round talent, hes worth a look and its not like Belcher is a shiney Gem to behold on our team.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said before, and this is taking his attitude out of the equation completely, his one strength is as a run defender. And that is exactly the same strength as Jovan Belcher. As much as a liability as Belcher is in coverage, McClain seems to be worse. So if we are looking to upgrade Belcher, I would want to upgrade by finding a replacement that is atleast equal to Belcher's strengths and better than Belcher's weaknesses.

valkrei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Like I said before, and this is taking his attitude out of the equation completely, his one strength is as a run defender. And that is exactly the same strength as Jovan Belcher. As much as a liability as Belcher is in coverage, McClain seems to be worse. So if we are looking to upgrade Belcher, I would want to upgrade by finding a replacement that is atleast equal to Belcher's strengths and better than Belcher's weaknesses.

Curious on what other position you think he could play?

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Curious on what other position you think he could play?

I just don't see it. Derrick Johnson is Derrick Johnson and McClain certainly doesn't give us more of a pass rushing presence at OLB than Hali and Houston.

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think McClain could be a substantially better run defender then Belcher, and he's a pretty darn good blitzer (5 sacks last year), whereas Belcher is irrelevant in that area.

He'd also be better then Siler in Goal Line. He could theoretically eliminate the need for two guys on the roster, although we do need to carry at least 4 ILB's IMO. We could however get a better ST's player then Siler and Belcher are.

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: