Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13: "Sanchez>Lindley" Cardinals @ Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which team will end the season with a better draft pick?
Arizona Cardinals
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
New York Jets
57%
 57%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 19

ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
richie jets wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:
Cardinals win 10-3. Only Cardinals TD comes on a Sanchez pick 6.

Exactly what i could see happening. The only way we win this game is if our defense scores points which is pretty likely too. Battle of terrible offenses in my eyes.

OUr defense is ranked 19th overall so that sucks too. I hate rooting against the Jets but at this point it really is for the best.
exactly it's not just a draft pick. It's every round . It exposes the awful job the f/o and coaching staff has done it forces change in personnel , and if no one gets canned they know they have to change the process .

Terrible front offices build poor teams regardless of the positions they draft at because they are terrible. The Giants have drafted later than the Jets over the past 5 years and have gotten great talent.

Well I expect a new front office this offseason and I'd like nothing more for them to have a top 10 pick to play with and either try to trade down if possible or select a top 10 talent. However I do agree with what you said. But I honestly take no pride in beating ARI, JAX, or TEN to try and get to .500 after how embarrassing we've looked recently. It provides more of an argument to keep Rex around.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
drew39k

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the chance to get to 500 still exists, I will always root for my teams. I want my players to step up and win some games to show us that there is some promising players to build around. A nice winning streak where some of our younger guys step up and show some good things. Guys like hill Davis vlad Kerley Powell bush Allen and what not.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drew39k wrote:
If the chance to get to 500 still exists, I will always root for my teams. I want my players to step up and win some games to show us that there is some promising players to build around. A nice winning streak where some of our younger guys step up and show some good things. Guys like hill Davis vlad Kerley Powell bush Allen and what not.

Agreed, regardless of your profession you don't want the new people to get accustomed to being terrible or much worse make them believe being terrible is alright because you can always "try again next year."
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drew39k wrote:

Yeah thats nice in theory but Rex throws out the same old LB core every game, starts shonn greene, doesn't play coples enough, and wont even activate mcelroy, so honestly its going to to be nothing more then a winning streak vs poor opponents with the same old players who can't get us over the hump.

ukjets21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
khodder wrote:

I am always around to fill requests for pictures.

lol Thanks. Jets fan or not this has to be the worse play in NFL history.

Nope. That's Dan Orlovsky running out the end zone for me.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
xenajets

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
drew39k wrote:

Yeah thats nice in theory but Rex throws out the same old LB core every game, starts shonn greene, doesn't play coples enough, and wont even activate mcelroy, so honestly its going to to be nothing more then a winning streak vs poor opponents with the same old players who can't get us over the hump.

Its fairly obvious that this is anything even close to being a playoff team so why aren't the younger guys given an opportunity. This is why i agree with ekill, if Rex wants to stay 'loyal' to has been linebackers and a running game in dire need of a home run threat (mcknight!!) then its going to be on his head. A good coach in any sport puts the best players available in positions to succeed, Rex isn't doing this at the minute. As bad as we are i cant go against the Jets but a top 10 pick which could result in a dynamic pass rusher would do wonders for this team

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
drew39k wrote:

Its fairly obvious that this is anything even close to being a playoff team so why aren't the younger guys given an opportunity. This is why i agree with ekill, if Rex wants to stay 'loyal' to has been linebackers and a running game in dire need of a home run threat (mcknight!!) then its going to be on his head. A good coach in any sport puts the best players available in positions to succeed, Rex isn't doing this at the minute. As bad as we are i cant go against the Jets but a top 10 pick which could result in a dynamic pass rusher would do wonders for this team

I agree with you guys. I would love to see the young guys play. It would answer a lot of questions - can McElroy run an nfl offense, is Coples going to be a stud, can Allen and or Bush produce as starters, can Jordan White run his routes and get open, can Ellis or Harrison replace Poula, the list goes on but what we'll probably see is more of the old guys. Rex seems too stubborn to change. ( I wanted him fired on the spot when he said he should have played Scott more last week.)

If we play the kids and go 9-7 I'd be thrilled. It would give us hope for next year. If we continue to play Smith, Pace, Scott, Thomas I wouldn't be that upset if we finished 4-12, because it would have to mean a massive changes in the FO and coaches.

My gut (and biggest fear) tells me we'll still play the old guys and win about three more games. All the bs will probably be 'if we only had Revis and Holmes we would have made the playoffs' and Rex and Tanny get another year.
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even get this game on TV Laughing

Props to Jamison for the sig.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think making the wildcard will save Tanny's job. Rex was likely to get another year anyway unless we were to lose all of the games for the rest of the season.

Because of age & contract situations, new LB's will have to be brought in. BT will be a free agent after this season. Pace's contract ends in 2014, if we cut him before then, we will save 8.5 million according to nyjetscap . Scott's base salary is going to be 6.9 million, if cut, our cap savings will be 7.1 mill. No way these dudes will be kept after this season. So don't worry about the LB core.

Tanking for a early pick is not going to save this team. If there is a must have player in the draft, we can trade up for him. It's easier now with the new cap rules. We should know this, we drafted keyshawn Johnson with the #1 pick, Ray Lewis in the same draft was picked in the 20's. I have the feeling that tanny's job won't be saved by making Wildcard. He is screwed. But if we were to make it to the AFC champ game, then he will be saved. He did a bad job since Rex took over. Not sure if it's Rex's fault , or if Tanny's mindset started to change with Rex being brought in. But he will likely be made an example of no matter what happens at the end of the season.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Jets finish 9-7, or even 8-8, I think that will show Rex has earned the right to stay. If he can bring this roster to .500, he should stay.

Like others have said, I think Tanny is getting demoted or fired. I know most GMs bring in their own head coach, which I would be ok with, but my #1 choice would be to keep Rex and find a new GM. One that's more talent oriented than financial.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I don't think making the wildcard will save Tanny's job. Rex was likely to get another year anyway unless we were to lose all of the games for the rest of the season.

Because of age & contract situations, new LB's will have to be brought in. BT will be a free agent after this season. Pace's contract ends in 2014, if we cut him before then, we will save 8.5 million according to nyjetscap . Scott's base salary is going to be 6.9 million, if cut, our cap savings will be 7.1 mill. No way these dudes will be kept after this season. So don't worry about the LB core.

Tanking for a early pick is not going to save this team. If there is a must have player in the draft, we can trade up for him. It's easier now with the new cap rules. We should know this, we drafted keyshawn Johnson with the #1 pick, Ray Lewis in the same draft was picked in the 20's. I have the feeling that tanny's job won't be saved by making Wildcard. He is screwed. But if we were to make it to the AFC champ game, then he will be saved. He did a bad job since Rex took over. Not sure if it's Rex's fault , or if Tanny's mindset started to change with Rex being brought in. But he will likely be made an example of no matter what happens at the end of the season.

I think your spot on with everything you said. It's almost unspeakable to say it's possible, but just imagine for one second the Jets ran the table and made the wildcard, who would deserve the credit... Tannenbaum? Absolutely not. It would take some of the greatest coaching the league has ever seen in order to get this squad in the playoffs, and that would be credit to Rex and his staff not Tannenbaum.

I like what Tannenbaum has done for this team over the years, but I don't think he has the skill as a talent evaluator it takes to be a GM for a winning franchise. Back under the old CBA he was able to get creative with the cap, but under the new system he won't be able to sign high priced free agents unless he dishes out insane guarantees, which have hurt the franchise over the past 2 seasons as it is. Teams who "played by the rules" over the years are getting rewarded with phenomenal cap situations (Bengals and Bucs last offseason) and good drafting has given their franchises hope for the immediate future. Tannenbaum has drafted too many developmental guys without signing stop-gap starters which has hindered the football team.

I'm always going to root for the Jets to win, so you won't hear me say that it's "top 10 or bust". Regardless, there aren't many can't miss players in this draft, so if we're drafting 10th or 15th it doesn't really bother me. Plain and simple, either the Jets need to hire a decision maker above Tannenbaum or Tannenbaum needs to be reassigned/fired from the GM position regardless where the team ends up this season.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Kyle Wilson.

GangGreen718

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez never ceases to amaze me.
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya Sanchez woooo u so good
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I defended this guy till I was blue in the face. Throw it away not down the middle of the field.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: