Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rolando McClain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Rolando McClain Reply with quote

The guy is a perfect schematic fit for what the Seahawks are doing at Sam. It would allow KJ to move to Will. Furthermore, Leroy Hill has taken considerable steps back this year. McClain is an excellent pass rusher who had 5.0 sacks last year.

Here are the pluses:
# Big frame a la KJ Wright. 6'4 250
# Very long arms
# Good level of production
# Comfortable in coverage
# Excellent tackling technique
# Stacks and sheds blocks well
# Very good pass rusher
# Love his timing on blitzes
# Nice agility; smooth change of direction
# Highly experienced
# Takes good angles to the ball
# Stays in control
# Nice versatility especially in 3-4 defense
# Vocal leader
# Intelligent
# Very young prospect (23 years old)
# Doesn't take plays off
# Outstanding instincts
# Well versed in 3-4 defense

Negatives:
# Pete Carroll only has a few rules. One of them is, "Protect the team" clearly he couldn't do that for the Raiders...However, I'm not sure many young stars would be able to on the Raiders.
# Off Field stuff

"We all we got, we all we need"

Last edited by outside_Insider on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
hawksman81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what raiders fans are saying, he misses a lot of tackles, is below average in coverage, and is slow. On top of that the dude is a headcase.

Ill pass.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect scheme fit? No no. He's too slow, too bad in coverage. He's meant to be a thumper in a 3-4 imo.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he's too slow. He's unmotivated. If you asked Raiders fans what they thought last year, compared to this year... I think you'd get a much different scouting report. He's still very young. I also assumed he was fast because the Raiders are always Height, weight, speed drafters.

I also associated lots of tackles, lots of sacks as being a good fit.

imani

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The raiders were gracious enough to take a disaster off of our hands...let's not return the favor

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks - there's a chance he thrives in a 3-4. I could see the Cowboys calling after they've lost Lee and Carter for the season and they seem prone to these type of risk-reward type moves.

It's ironic because everybody applauded the Raiders for drafting McClain instead of going their normal route of Speedy but raw. I think a lot of people were mocking Bruce Campbell to them at 8 but they ended up getting him rounds later. Anyway - the off-field stuff coupled with the fact that he's stirring up trouble in a pretty public forum makes him an unattractive option. I don't see why teams why these kinds of headaches on their team. If you want to put up with Ndamakong Suh - that's fine. But there's no point in forcing yourself to put with this headcase for marginal play on the field.

Big player for Bama but was probably out of position in a 4-3 - could see him as a Brandon Spikes type player. Great on run downs but will have to come off on passing downs until he can improve in coverage.

Edit: For the record - I think he's still a member of the Raiders. They haven't released him. They couldn't do so when news broke because it was after the waiver period had expired for the day so we'll see what happens tomorrow.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
The raiders were gracious enough to take a disaster off of our hands...let's not return the favor

lol

TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, he could pistol whip the officials and league office into not calling fraudulent fouls on Earl?
silus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the culture to bring in troubled players and make it work, like the Patriots, go for it. I think the Seahawks may be too young, though.

On another note, I think Oakland is the worst organization in the league, so I think their players deserve a second chance just based on them having such a terrible structure around them.
bobob123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
If you have the culture to bring in troubled players and make it work, like the Patriots, go for it. I think the Seahawks may be too young, though.

On another note, I think Oakland is the worst organization in the league, so I think their players deserve a second chance just based on them having such a terrible structure around them.

I'm not a fan of bringing in a guy like McClain, but I think our team has what it takes to turn a problem player around... just look at like Mike Williams, even though he only had on good year with us Pete proved he could turn guys around.. and, if you look at Lynch, he went from 1st rd bust to one of the best backs in the league in 2 seasons here... and even Leroy Hill has played better under Carroll.. also, Bruce Irvin was an off the field concern player during the draft and Pete choose him (crossing fingers) he stays out of trouble.

I think Pete has the ability to understand players better than some coaches in the league and that gives him the edge on problem players... and players seem to really respect Pete, young & older players alike...

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bruce Irvin concerns were massively overblown.

But Pete has shown that he can make it work with troubled players.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't even bother. Dude's poison. Too slow in coverage, can't shed blocks and misses tackles. Always chooses the wrong gap and frequently is seen jogging after the ball carrier. And apparently he's been mouthing off to his HC numerous times this season. Avoid like a plague.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Don't even bother. Dude's poison. Too slow in coverage, can't shed blocks and misses tackles. Always chooses the wrong gap and frequently is seen jogging after the ball carrier. And apparently he's been mouthing off to his HC numerous times this season. Avoid like a plague.

Sounds like your describing Curry although Curry was ok against the run.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: