Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Earl Thomas Fined for Hit on Ryan Tannehill
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didnt win the PowerBall though Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most. The way the rule is, it was a penalty. However, I can't believe they're fining him. That's ridiculous. It's not like he did a flying falcon punch or something. He clearly wasn't trying to take his head off. Stupid.Stupid.Stupid
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's just ridiculous. It shouldn't have been a penalty, and DAMN WELL shouldn't have been a fine.

Anybody can watch that play and see that Thomas was trying to tip the pass and his momentum carried him into Tannehill. It's almost like the NFL guys just went through their list of guys who got penalties this week and said "Earl Thomas, blow to the head of a QB...Yeah, that's a fine." then shuffled that to the bottom of the stack and moved on.

It's no wonder defensive players feel like second class citizens. If they were passengers on the Titanic they'd be the people that while the ship is sinking, Goodell and the higher-ups stand on the other side of the locked gates in the stairwells and let them drown because the offensive players haven't boarded the life boats yet.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Yeah, it's just ridiculous. It shouldn't have been a penalty, and DAMN WELL shouldn't have been a fine.

Anybody can watch that play and see that Thomas was trying to tip the pass and his momentum carried him into Tannehill. It's almost like the NFL guys just went through their list of guys who got penalties this week and said "Earl Thomas, blow to the head of a QB...Yeah, that's a fine." then shuffled that to the bottom of the stack and moved on.

It's no wonder defensive players feel like second class citizens. If they were passengers on the Titanic they'd be the people that while the ship is sinking, Goodell and the higher-ups stand on the other side of the locked gates in the stairwells and let them drown because the offensive players haven't boarded the life boats yet.
The way the rule is written, it was a penalty. Should the rule be different? I think so. But it was correctly called the way the rule is now.

In no way shape or form should it be a fine.

Kempes on the custom sig!
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

The way the rule is written, it was a penalty. Should the rule be different? I think so. But it was correctly called the way the rule is now.

I can understand the rule, and I can understand how a ref at first glance can call that a penalty, but IMO players shouldn't be penalized for that. There's absolutely NOTHING he can do to avoid him while he's in mid-air, it's just physics.

But yes, no way should it be a fine. Absolutely no way.
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did earl thomas appeal the fine?

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

+1

That kind of penalty has been called consistently this season, so I'll accept it. But the fine is a joke.
panther dude

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The league is going to such crap with all these calls and fines. It actually turns me off from watching games.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm a QB, I'm putting my helmet in the way on every single hit I take. That is just out of control.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
kethnaab

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pathetic.

absolutely pathetic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: