Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Defensive Line
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
So what happened to Jack Crawford ?

He was never that good to begin w/....

PM sig requests.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
he stubbed his toe

Why do they even keep him on the roster if they don't plan on using him that makes me wonder about Reggie, and Allen.

developmental rookie who hasn't shown enough growth throughout the season but has potential for the future? How does that make you wonder? Patriots don't use Jake Baquette, but he is on the roster, does that make you wonder about Belichick and Craft? every team has those guys.

I have never heard of Jake Baquette nor do I care what Patriots do.

The Raiders have 0 pass rush why not just let the young players play seeing the season is pretty much over with ?

Did you see DA's latest press conference?

No, I'm guessing he must have talked about that then ?

eh, sort of, he was asked about Criner and said that there's some young guys that will get more PT to evaluate them down the stretch

Criner should have been playing ahead of Streeter all season.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
he stubbed his toe

Why do they even keep him on the roster if they don't plan on using him that makes me wonder about Reggie, and Allen.

developmental rookie who hasn't shown enough growth throughout the season but has potential for the future? How does that make you wonder? Patriots don't use Jake Baquette, but he is on the roster, does that make you wonder about Belichick and Craft? every team has those guys.

The Raiders have 0 pass rush why not just let the young players play seeing the season is pretty much over with ?

eh, sort of, he was asked about Criner and said that there's some young guys that will get more PT to evaluate them down the stretch

Why? Because he got a lot of hype in camp? He sure looked meh in preseason compared to Streeter.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
he stubbed his toe

Why? Because he got a lot of hype in camp? He sure looked meh in preseason compared to Streeter.

Streeter didn't look that good in preseason, and hasn't during the regular season either. He's still raw. From what he showed in college, and in limited action so far, I think Criners the more polished and skilled WR.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
having Quinn and long helps with being 4th in sacks. Good coach, but wouldn't have helped much with the drop off in Kellys and Seymour (when he plays) play. We have no pass rushers, period. No coach staying or leaving can help that unless they bring in new players.

3828, this is what frustrating about explaining run defense. Not that I'm suggesting that you don't know anything about run defense but technically TK is playing a different position (or at least his role is different). I'm not suggesting he is doing it well because he isn't but technically TK is playing NT this season and his role looks completely different. I expected a sharp drop off in sacks but like I suspected TK also isn't the best at holding the POA. I also expected an uptick in Seymour's production and previous to his hamstring/knee injury Seymour was on a Pro Bowl pace. Ironically, since Seymour has been out there has been a complete collapse in run defense. I'm not attributing this to Seymour alone but a combination of both Seymour & TK/Bryant (the defense went from poor to horrendous).

When someone is as tuned in to social media as TK is, I believe that citing his lack of sacks is the reason TK abandons his responsibilities from time to time and he begins to freelance, thereby compromising the defense. I know some people think I have been unfair to TK but to judge his play fairly you have to really watch how he takes on double teams and frees up his teammates, at which he has been an abysmal failure. HOWEVER, criticizing TK for lack of sacks is unfair, imo.

Currently, the Raiders best pass rusher, Seymour, has been out for some time.

Last edited by Baggabonez on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Streeter didn't look that good in preseason, and hasn't during the regular season either. He's still raw. From what he showed in college, and in limited action so far, I think Criners the more polished and skilled WR.

Streater looked better in preseason and has been healthier. No qualms here. Although, recently Criner has looked more valuable out there. Which is why there isn't a problem with him getting increased snaps.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: