Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13 Broncos(8-3)vs Pirates(6-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Outcome
Broncos
92%
 92%  [ 23 ]
Pirates
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowshon is surprising the hell out of me. The defense, dominant. And, Broncos rule.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game could have gone 0-0 after overtime and still had been worthwhile to watch just because of two moments:

-Manning and Moreno connecting on a slapstick like reception for a 1st down
-Manning staring down the crowd

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I think Schiano has done a solid job early in his career, but his style will get old quickly if the Bucs are mediocre or worse. If they make good personnel decisions or Freeman becomes a premium QB Schiano could be in the league awhile, but i don't expect his tenure in the NFL to last long.

Yeah that "tough guy" bluster machismo crap gets old real quick when the team starts losing. Just ask Rex Ryan and Mike Singletary. The Bucs do have some nice young talent, however, and that could help keep Schiano afloat for a little longer than expected.

Anyway, as for the game itself, we just continue to roll. We're winning the games we're supposed to win.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it was mentioned but D.J. did a good job filling in for Woodyard when he went out with an injury.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Holliday look?

Seems like he had some nice runs, even between the tackles. Was he more decisive?
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
How did Holliday look?

Seems like he had some nice runs, even between the tackles. Was he more decisive?

He looked like a boss. He was a shoestring tackle away from a touchdown. That tackle kept the bucs in a game because the next play was a Peyton interception.

Anyone else notice our offensive line getting abused for much of the game?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
How did Holliday look?

He looked like a boss. He was a shoestring tackle away from a touchdown. That tackle kept the bucs in a game because the next play was a Peyton interception.

That was a bad play call. Denver should have ran the ball a few times and went to the fourth quarter. They had a great game yesterday, but they need to make better decisions the rest of the year.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
How did Holliday look?

That was a bad play call. Denver should have ran the ball a few times and went to the fourth quarter. They had a great game yesterday, but they need to make better decisions the rest of the year.

Agreed. And I have no idea how Peyton decided to make that throw.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
How did Holliday look?

Yes. He made nice cuts and was smart with the football. He's incredibly fast, and he only got caught behind because of a literal split second hesitation that slowed him up.

Thanks, Tzimisce

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
How did Holliday look?

Wait... Holliday or Hillman? Holliday looked like a total badass. Hillman looked ok. Still no tackle breaking ability, but showed decent speed and quickness. Both his big runs were to the outside.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1234567 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
How did Holliday look?

Wait... Holliday or Hillman? Holliday looked like a total badass. Hillman looked ok. Still no tackle breaking ability, but showed decent speed and quickness. Both his big runs were to the outside.

Oops, my bad. I meant Hillman. Holliday sort of speaks for himself. What a great pickup!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
1234567 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
How did Holliday look?

Oops, my bad. I meant Hillman. Holliday sort of speaks for himself. What a great pickup!

Man, oh man. Just when you think the NFL can't get any faster, you see guys like Holliday. It probably looks a slight bit exaggerated because he's so small. But his apparent game speed is something I haven't seen in a long time. He leaves people behind the way Deven Hester used to at Miami.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- The Broncos are now 3rd in total defense

- Chris Harris is an absolute stud

- Eric Decker has slowed down big time. Don't know if he's injured?

- Knowshon is impressing me with both his running and pass protection

- Matt Prater has become a huge weakness

- I really, really, really hope Jack Del Rio doesn't leave us Pray

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
The Broncos are now 3rd in total defense

But the most important aspect of the defense is that they make plays - they get sacks, force turnovers, prevent third-down conversions and step up in big situations.

dbronx42 wrote:
Chris Harris is an absolute stud

I wouldn't go that far. But he is pretty good.

dbronx42 wrote:
Eric Decker has slowed down big time. Don't know if he's injured?

I didn't see that. The Bucs played Decker well yesterday. He had a good game from what I saw (granted I was only at the stadium) even if the stat sheet didn't show it.

dbronx42 wrote:
Knowshon is impressing me with both his running and pass protection

We must have watched different games. Yesterday I didn't the Knowshon I saw in KC. The saw the same soft RB with terrible vision who started dancing in the backfield nearly every carry he had. Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't pull his labia on that 3rd-and-6.

dbronx42 wrote:
Matt Prater has become a huge weakness

Don't get me wrong, I am a little concerned about Prater's slump, but let's not call him a "huge weakness" especially after you lauded Knowshon Moreno.

dbronx42 wrote:
I really, really, really hope Jack Del Rio doesn't leave us Pray

Me too.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh I don't see what Knowshon showed running the ball for people to be impressed with yesterday. He had that one run where Zane Beadles mauled Gerald McCoy out of the play, but besides that he was his usual frustrating self. He has the mentality to be an NFL RB; he isn't scared of contact. But his vision and more importantly (in my opinion) his ridiculously slow speed out of cuts means he just can't be a productive NFL RB. People are down on him, but Ronnie Hillman still intrigues me. He is REALLY quick out of subtle cuts and he can beat tackles that way, because obviously he doesn't have the power to make many tackles miss. He still struggles with the little things, but I still think he can be a very productive NFL player.

As for the game - I thought we played well against a desperate opponent. I was very worried early on because Mike Sullivan called one heck of a 1st quarter and really had our Defense all over the show. Doug Martin looked really good, and when a RB is running the ball for 7 yards a carry on 1st down, you aren't going to be able to defend the run or pass very well. Soon as we contained Doug Martin, the game changed. We forced Josh Freeman to have to beat us and he couldn't. As a result of us forcing 3rd and 6+ which took away Play Action, we started to get heat on Freeman and the banged up Bucs OL couldn't handle the heat.

Offensively we were still out of sync at times, but don't be fooled - this Offense is still one dimensional in that we don't have a running game. The last two teams we have played have sold out to stop the intermediate passing game, and we still struggle running the ball. It seemed to me that Dan Koppen got overwhelmed yesterday, but our OL did enough to let Peyton eventually go to work. I think there are few sights I love to see more than Demaryius Thomas swat away CB's trying to jam him at the LOS. He is just so strong and he is now playing with the aggressive mentality you need to beat the jam. When you are a big WR that can beat the jam, it opens up so much of the route tree. How many times did we hit Demaryius on quick slants? Teams are scared of him beating the jam straight off the LOS which can give game changing plays, so they are starting to play their CB's off which opens up the quick slant.

I will watch the all 22 this week as I (finally) have internet back at my flat. And a quick shout out to Trindon Holliday. I was very critical of the move to bring him in given his ball security troubles, but yesterday he looked very safe with the ball and so, so, so dangerous every time he touched it.

MUFC OK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: