Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

raiders released Rolando McClain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can only interpret what he will do.. people saying he doesn't care about football or he is Russell with a gun can only assume that he won't come in here and be anything.. just like we can assume that he can clean his act together.. Fact is we know nothing more than us drafting or signing someone.. Things happen we don't know why he did what he did we just know he did it. Do people deserve second chances? I think so if you don't think so i guess we should give up on our Franchise LT who is playing at a Pro Bowl Level right now.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isnt near the same as Trent Dro.
This is more on the side of Haynesworth-esk.

Just this very week he was fighting with coaches. Then he went home after being forced to leave practice and went online saying he is getting cut. Before he was cut.

Why should he be given a chance over a young guy willing to bust his [inappropriate/removed] all hes worth to try in make the team?

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a 3-4 ILB and is 24 next year its worth a risk ? we have no picks and need replacements he hasn't even hit his peak yet i dont understand the NO's when he is young. Always worth a try I mean what do we have to lose we are not paying and has loads of talent.

Last edited by Dashing on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
He is a 4-3 ILB and is 24 next year its worth a risk ? we have no picks and need replacements he hasn't even hit his peak yet i dont understand the NO's when he is young. Always worth a try I mean what do we have to lose we are not paying and has loads of talent.

Its that type of thinking that has the Jets, Raiders, and Eagles in the position theyre in now. That had us in that type of position a few years back.

When youre above that, and better than that. It shows.

big44dog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellas fellas, haven't we learned by now Shanny gets rid of bad locker room guys? I don't think he's gonna walk into the locker room, punch Fletcher in the face, backhand RG3, Kung fu chop Kyle and declare the locker room his house. Maybe Saban is on the phone with him now saying listen son, your next chance is your last, now give the glock back to the booster. Bruce has proved himself smart enough to not pay the guy a fortune. Like I said with Babin, you get him cheap, fine. It don't work out, goodbye. I doubt he'd take the organization down with him in a week or 2.
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Dashing wrote:
He is a 4-3 ILB and is 24 next year its worth a risk ? we have no picks and need replacements he hasn't even hit his peak yet i dont understand the NO's when he is young. Always worth a try I mean what do we have to lose we are not paying and has loads of talent.

Its that type of thinking that has the Jets, Raiders, and Eagles in the position theyre in now. That had us in that type of position a few years back.

When youre above that, and better than that. It shows.

Yes but its still a risk look atleast IMO. I like your avatar i know where that movies from.
Mattdee11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
Fellas fellas, haven't we learned by now Shanny gets rid of bad locker room guys? I don't think he's gonna walk into the locker room, punch Fletcher in the face, backhand RG3, Kung fu chop Kyle and declare the locker room his house. Maybe Saban is on the phone with him now saying listen son, your next chance is your last, now give the glock back to the booster. Bruce has proved himself smart enough to not pay the guy a fortune. Like I said with Babin, you get him cheap, fine. It don't work out, goodbye. I doubt he'd take the organization down with him in a week or 2.

Totally agree, Shannahan has built the locker room with character guys that aren't going to get influenced by one idiot . I think the exact reverse most likely will happen and all the character guys will influence him causing the 23 year old with amazing talent to get to work and have a bright future . If he does we will have the best line backing corps in the league and the also youngest. Not much bad could happen if we sign him to a cheap short term contract.
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a low risk high reward, players mature in the right situations.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"He's been awful," NFL Films' Greg Cosell said. "He's arguably the worst starting 4-3 middle linebacker in the NFL. He can't move. ... He doesn't play with any quick twitch at all. He's almost plodding in his movements."

Again. Why does he deserve it when there are plenty of guys out there with youth that will bust their tail?
Just because he became a "brand name" in college? Just because he was drafted early?

Id rather bring in Aaron Curry if thats the case. Hes not much, but hes better than this guy. And hes still got youth on his side too.

mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many chances was Adam Jones given? Heck of a talent but an idiot off the field.

He is quietly having a career again.

We are in need of a replacement at ILB. And with limited picks I can see the organization taking a flyer if he is not picked up off waivers. I would have faith to say that London will be in his back pocket making sure he understands how to conduct himself.

Think about the situation out in Oakland. It is not a winning organization right now and there is a lot of flux about it. What has really been consistent out there? Not really anything.

It is literally the black hole for careers right now and that is why so many have opted to get out of there. I mean, look at Randy Moss, Nnamdi, Michael Bush, D.Hall even. Its not a culture of professionalism and wont be for some time till there is a culture change within the organization.

But giving up on a guy that has a ton of talent, but is not in the right position with the right direction is not the right decision for him.

I would love to bring this guy in and let him be cultured by London Fletcher.

I mean, have we not had our cases of bad seeds before. Trent Williams, Fred Davis, D.Hall, Brandon Meriweather, Tanard Jackson and others. These guys are currently on the roster. But all except Jackson have really straightened their lives out. It just takes the right direction and mentor.

Fletcher can be that mentor I believe, and 1 person is not going to bring down this franchise during one of its highest points in a long time. The Redskins are not that unstable anymore. I think we can handle the bonehead if the FO wants to bring him in.

I'd be for it.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

But giving up on a guy that has a ton of talent,

No he doesnt. How much talent surrounded him on that Bama D to help him build a name. Didnt his outside lbs go in the 1st. Working behind Dareus.

That team was so talented as a unit that its hard to judge individual ability. But it sure shows once making the pros.

Whats separating him from the dozen other young ILBs thats been cut over the past 5 drafts?
Yet some want to focus on one guy whos done less than nothing.

He wants to show up as part of the 90some many tryouts next year. Fine. But taking a roster spot and just handing it over is wrong.

DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post, Mike 23.

You know, I am warming up to the idea of getting him. IF, and only if he clears waivers and we can pick him up on the cheap.

Many (if not most) professional athletes are arrogant punks with a thug mentality anyway. Not like it is so bizarre. He could be our Ray Lewis, who was involved in a Murder and still had a nice career, and is a big-mouthed arrogant loudmouth off the field and on the sidelines. We have the Club Kings Moss and Banks and D Hall already. McClain hasn't been called for personal fouls because he apparently plays within the rules, unlike Ndomokong Suh.

If he comes cheaply, is a fool but balls out then the locker room will respect him for his play and put up with him. And maybe he tones it down with the guidance of Fletcher, although I really don't see it happening.

Last edited by DCRED on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubious character aside , the articles I've read from Oakland say he just can't play ..,,can't shed blocks, can't move, slow reactions.. Just a real draft bust ..
He surely won't be claimed on waivers -- Guess someone will give him a shot or maybe not .. JaMarcus Russell..did he get another NFL shot-- don't remember.
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Dubious character aside , the articles I've read from Oakland say he just can't play ..,,can't shed blocks, can't move, slow reactions.. Just a real draft bust ..
He surely won't be claimed on waivers -- Guess someone will give him a shot or maybe not .. JaMarcus Russell..did he get another NFL shot-- don't remember.

Yeah I'm starting to see the same thing. Funny, because I do remember seeing him make some big plays. And I thought he had some decent games. Well, I guess those were the only ones I watched since I hate the Raiders and they suck so no reason to watch them unless they are playing someone that I want to see win.
brandonb2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
How many chances was Adam Jones given? Heck of a talent but an idiot off the field.

He is quietly having a career again.

We are in need of a replacement at ILB. And with limited picks I can see the organization taking a flyer if he is not picked up off waivers. I would have faith to say that London will be in his back pocket making sure he understands how to conduct himself.

Think about the situation out in Oakland. It is not a winning organization right now and there is a lot of flux about it. What has really been consistent out there? Not really anything.

It is literally the black hole for careers right now and that is why so many have opted to get out of there. I mean, look at Randy Moss, Nnamdi, Michael Bush, D.Hall even. Its not a culture of professionalism and wont be for some time till there is a culture change within the organization.

But giving up on a guy that has a ton of talent, but is not in the right position with the right direction is not the right decision for him.

I would love to bring this guy in and let him be cultured by London Fletcher.

I mean, have we not had our cases of bad seeds before. Trent Williams, Fred Davis, D.Hall, Brandon Meriweather, Tanard Jackson and others. These guys are currently on the roster. But all except Jackson have really straightened their lives out. It just takes the right direction and mentor.

Fletcher can be that mentor I believe, and 1 person is not going to bring down this franchise during one of its highest points in a long time. The Redskins are not that unstable anymore. I think we can handle the bonehead if the FO wants to bring him in.

I'd be for it.

Couldn't have said it any better...

Everybody saying nay on bringing him for a "look" after he clears waivers, main argument is his past and production of a 23-24yr old with a ton of potential if in the right situation/organization. It's getting ridiculous fellas some of you are getting to the point where you would say No to a guy with one speeding ticket Laughing . And comparing McClain to Haynesworth is simply not fair. Haynesworth was a proven vet, I dont even believe we have seen McClain peek yet.

The Redskins are lacking elite talent that can only be drafted at the top of the NFL Draft or by signing players through Free Agency. Please pay close attention to the detail involving McClain. He was drafted into a hell whole of a organization being ran by its owner (RIP AL DAVIS) sound familiar? (Danny and Vinny). We don't have draft picks and we dont have the cap to offer money to a replacement for London.

I dont know this man personally, all we can go by is what the media tells us and whats portrayed about him. We dont know whats going on behind closed doors, that's why we shouldn't be quick to jump to conclusion...until the FACTS come out. Its the media's job to stir the pot, and chase stories. Who knows if he just had it with the organization losing ways and the schemes and had a fallen out with the coaches?? we dont, we can only speculate.

All in all it doesn't hurt to at least take a look at him if he clears waivers. It's low risk very high reward IMO. If he proves he can't mature around proven players and winners then we can let him walk...if he shows the ability, skills and determination that made him a top ten pick then he stays. I'm a firm believer in second chances, and he at least deserves a chance to succeed away from Oakland where a lot of careers never get started or just disappear. Remember guys its Oakland!!! for crying out loud...OAKLAND!

To clear the big and slow talk...At 6-4, 260lbs he runs in the 4.6-4.7 range, Google his pro day numbers. He has pretty good measurable to be a tall MLB. It's hard to play fast and instinctive when the scheme and coaches are constantly changing because you are thinking more on the field instead of playing comfortably at full speed. I'm not usually oen to make predictions. But like I said if he can get on a with a good organization and commit to a team he will be very good.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: