Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

raiders released Rolando McClain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
No way. Anyone grinning that hard while being arrested is proud of what they had done.
Hes lazy, and hes crap. Few inspirational words from Fletch isnt going to motivate him to do anything. Cause he simply doesnt care about the winning aspect of the game.

And all the same things were said about Burfict and he has developed into quite the LB for the Bengals. Take a chance, if it doesn't work, cut him.
burfict was an udfa. If we pick up McClain, we are paying the salary of a top 10 draft pick, before the rookie wage scale...

No thanks and no, its not the same thing. Comparing him to Burfict is a bad comparison. IMO

McClain doesn't make very much over the next 2 years and he wouldn't be a salary cap killer. A team with no first round draft choice and limited cap space should take every chance they can to upgrade, this is one of those opportunities.
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
I do believe there is a MLB that could be quite serviceable if we so choose. Ray Maualuga is going to be a FA at the end of this year and could work well opposite Riley. Especially with the emergence of Burfict, he could be expendable.

Now I like that Idea alot. Would much much rather see Maualuga than McClain. In addition to the other stuff, I also dont like how McClain was removed after heated arguments with the coach. He is thug trash with no character from all reports...

HOPEFULLY Alexander can hold it down for the rest of the year if Fletch is out for a while
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Id sign him. Take a chance,if he dosent show heart get rid of him. We tried getting Babin so I do believe we will make a move.

WHen did we try to get Babin? Do you have a link? I cannot believe that the Skins would go out for someone who just doesnt fit the system. I guess they are looking for any type of pass rush, however they can get it.

I would wait for him to clear waivers and take our chances doing so if that is the route the Skins plan to look towards.

Quote:
The Washington Redskins, seeking pass-rushing help for a stretch drive for a playoff spot, put in a failed waiver claim for defensive end Jason Babin,a person familiar with the situation said Wednesday

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/11/28/redskins-put-in-failed-waiver-claim-for-lineman-jason-babin/

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot believe that he was awarded to the Jaguars who have no chance of making a run at anything. Sometimes the waiver wire doesn't really pan out to be what it should be.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
brandonb2005

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pick Rolando McClain up the minute he was released...

London isn't getting any younger, Rolando has elite talent, which we are lacking as a team (top ten pick). He hits hard and is a tough instinctive SEC Middle Linebacker. I also believe he will be a better fit as 3-4 MLB scheme then a 4-3 MLB. He hasn't had much success because the Raiders are a bad organization as a whole, down from the coaches, to the scheme, to the players. So to condemn him for nto having success in Oakland is a bad argument. How many young players go to Oakland and have had success their first couple of years? It's nearly impossible because they are always changing schemes and coordinators almost yearly. Rolando was a beast at Alabama in their 3-4 and I beilvie he can do the same for us under London.

You guys have got to stop being so judgmental with these young football players and their off the field issues. We all make mistakes, some greater then others but nobody is perfect. To my knowledge maybe someone can enlighten me, but doesn't he just have one off the field issue maybe two?? (the one where he got into an altercation and pulled a gun??). Plus what is being said is just one side of the story the alleged victim's side of the story. Who knows what he did to Rolando to allegedly have a gun put to his head, but I can only imagine it was something serious. Remember when the guys from Florida tried to steal Sean Taylor's ATV's and when he caught up to them he pulled out a gun???? Young Rich Immature kids make stupid mistakes! since the incident he hasn't been in trouble (correct me if im wrong). Its not like he is a 30yr old veteran out here making these mistakes, then you may have a point.

We need a hard hitting presence like him on our defense especially since London is slowing down. You all seen what he did to Jason Witten (spleen injury) on a clean hit.

I say we take a chance on him, right now we have a good locker room and vets that will take him under their wing. What chance did he have of maturing and settling into a star LB'ing role with Oakland?? Their locker room is 2.0 Redskins 5 years ago.

He's still young and has a lot left in the tank....If Hass can get his hands on this kid I believe we have a replacement for London! that just fell into our lap!
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
I cannot believe that he was awarded to the Jaguars who have no chance of making a run at anything. Sometimes the waiver wire doesn't really pan out to be what it should be.

i think the team with the worst record gets the player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandonb2005 wrote:

London isn't getting any younger, Rolando has elite talent, which we are lacking as a team (top ten pick). He hits hard and is a tough instinctive SEC Middle Linebacker. I also believe he will be a better fit as 3-4 MLB scheme then a 4-3 MLB. He hasn't had much success because the Raiders are a bad organization as a whole, down from the coaches, to the scheme, to the players. So to condemn him for nto having success in Oakland is a bad argument. How many young players go to Oakland and have had success their first couple of years? It's nearly impossible because they are always changing schemes and coordinators almost yearly. Rolando was a beast at Alabama in their 3-4 and I beilvie he can do the same for us under London.

You guys have got to stop being so judgmental with these young football players and their off the field issues. We all make mistakes, some greater then others but nobody is perfect. To my knowledge maybe someone can enlighten me, but doesn't he just have one off the field issue maybe two?? (the one where he got into an altercation and pulled a gun??). Plus what is being said is just one side of the story the alleged victim's side of the story. Who knows what he did to Rolando to allegedly have a gun put to his head, but I can only imagine it was something serious. Remember when the guys from Florida tried to steal Sean Taylor's ATV's and when he caught up to them he pulled out a gun???? Young Rich Immature kids make stupid mistakes! since the incident he hasn't been in trouble (correct me if im wrong). Its not like he is a 30yr old veteran out here making these mistakes, then you may have a point.

We need a hard hitting presence like him on our defense especially since London is slowing down. You all seen what he did to Jason Witten (spleen injury) on a clean hit.

I say we take a chance on him, right now we have a good locker room and vets that will take him under their wing. What chance did he have of maturing and settling into a star LB'ing role with Oakland?? Their locker room is 2.0 Redskins 5 years ago.

He's still young and has a lot left in the tank....If Hass can get his hands on this kid I believe we have a replacement for London! that just fell into our lap!

"Our Lap" ??,, how about the other 30 teams involved.. Oakland may be trying to trade him. Is it official that he has been "waived".. On the otherhand,, I agree with your post.
brandonb2005

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
brandonb2005 wrote:

"Our Lap" ??,, how about the other 30 teams involved.. Oakland may be trying to trade him. Is it official that he has been "waived".. On the otherhand,, I agree with your post.

ESPN is reporting that they are going to cut him today, and its not likely that a team will pick him up and take on his rookie salary (old CBA rookie salary contract). So its likely he clears waivers and will be able to decide where he wants to go.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

i think the team with the worst record gets the player

No I get that, the team with the worst record has first shot at the waiver wire based on a rotation. So being that Jax picked up Babin, I believe that Jax goes to the back of the line for the next player to hit the wire they put a bid on.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Id sign him. Take a chance,if he dosent show heart get rid of him. We tried getting Babin so I do believe we will make a move.

WHen did we try to get Babin? Do you have a link? I cannot believe that the Skins would go out for someone who just doesnt fit the system. I guess they are looking for any type of pass rush, however they can get it.

I would wait for him to clear waivers and take our chances doing so if that is the route the Skins plan to look towards.

Quote:
The Washington Redskins, seeking pass-rushing help for a stretch drive for a playoff spot, put in a failed waiver claim for defensive end Jason Babin,a person familiar with the situation said Wednesday

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/11/28/redskins-put-in-failed-waiver-claim-for-lineman-jason-babin/
That's also the second time we tried to acquire Jason Babin. In 2010 he was a FA and we tried to sign him, he went to the Titans instead... Everyone has such short memories...

So, Mike23, maybe you don't feel Babin fits our scheme, but the coaches and front office disagree. If they had it their way, Babin would have been a Redskin in 2010. If that had been the case, we probably wouldn't have traded back in 2010 to take Kerrigan. I'm hoping we would have taken JJ Watt instead.

Could you guys imagine having JJ Watt and Babin coming off the left side of our DL the past two years?? What would the RG and RT do for opposing offenses? Laughing

Carriker would be playing on the right side and we wouldn't have had to sign Bowen. Also, we probably would have taken a different position than DE (Jenkins in the second round of the 2011 draft) That would have freed up that draft choice, and more money to be spent on our secondary, RT or playmakers.

Anyways, that didn't happen and I'm more than pleased with Kerrigan and Jenkins. Just saying...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
No way. Anyone grinning that hard while being arrested is proud of what they had done.
Hes lazy, and hes crap. Few inspirational words from Fletch isnt going to motivate him to do anything. Cause he simply doesnt care about the winning aspect of the game.

And all the same things were said about Burfict and he has developed into quite the LB for the Bengals. Take a chance, if it doesn't work, cut him.
burfict was an udfa. If we pick up McClain, we are paying the salary of a top 10 draft pick, before the rookie wage scale...

No thanks and no, its not the same thing. Comparing him to Burfict is a bad comparison. IMO

McClain doesn't make very much over the next 2 years and he wouldn't be a salary cap killer. A team with no first round draft choice and limited cap space should take every chance they can to upgrade, this is one of those opportunities.
I'm still not too interested in paying a top 10 salary. It can't be that cheap.

I'm sure it costs more than if we let him go trough the waiver process, then tried to sign him when he became an unrestricted free agent.

Even then, I'd tend to lean towards not signing the guy because it doesn't seem like he cares too much about the game at this point. Everything points to him being selfish, having problems off the field and not being the type of player we want on this team. Everything points to him having problems, as Parrothead said, "he's Jamarcus Russell with a gun" and right now I can't see how anyone can say otherwise, other than they just want to ignore it in hopes that he will somehow turn his life and football career around in DC after he is out of Oakland.

I guess I'd hope that'd be the case, but there is definitely no guarentees of that happening. I think the guys got problems and I think it'd be wise for us to stay away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

I'm sure it costs more than if we let him go trough the waiver process, then tried to sign him when he became an unrestricted free agent.

Even then, I'd tend to lean towards not signing the guy because it doesn't seem like he cares too much about the game at this point. Everything points to him being selfish, having problems off the field and not being the type of player we want on this team. Everything points to him having problems, as Parrothead said, "he's Jamarcus Russell with a gun" and right now I can't see how anyone can say otherwise, other than they just want to ignore it in hopes that he will somehow turn his life and football career around in DC after he is out of Oakland.

I guess I'd hope that'd be the case, but there is definitely no guarentees of that happening. I think the guys got problems and I think it'd be wise for us to stay away.

Here's the best part Turtle, you're not paying.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

Here's the best part Turtle, you're not paying.
the team is though! The same team that needs to upgrade other positions on the team far more than ilb. The same team that basically has a turnstile at Rt and has DBs that blow coverages like a porn star blows... Well you get the drift.

I don't believe in the guy. I don't believe he can keep his life on and off the field at this point straight and I wouldn't be interested in risking our young, good lockeroom with great veteran and young leadership on such a player. No thanks!

Lets pass on inconsistent troublemakers like McClain and focus on getting players like Jarius Byrd, Sam Shields and a RT in FA. Focus on Signing the best DB and RT available in the draft, within the first 4 rounds of the draft and then focus on getting the bpa available after that and get healthy on both sides of the ball in the offseason.

I don't want other teams trash- I'm frankly tired of it! Especially, especially picking the s*itty contracts that were given to them buy those other stupid organizations who are now giving up on these players in mid season.

Get good FAs, like we've been doing. Get affordable FAs to bridge the gap till we find long term replacements as Footy29 greatly displayed we are doing in some areas where we can't get a highly drafted impact player right away.

Continue to Build this team the right way and quit worrying about picking up other teams trash.

Signed Turtle28 and I approve this message. Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandonb2005 wrote:

the difference being for me is that he isn't, I say IS NOT A Sean TAYLOR type talent, he's isn't a game changing force that Taylor was. He isn't a player that we drafted, that we have invested in and we want to do all we can to see him succeed.

Yeah- you "hope" he has A LOT left in the tank, but there is NO guarantee of that. He hasn't shown much so far that he will ever live up to his hype coming out of Alabama.

I'm certainly not paying his current salary. If he clears waivers, then I guess I'd see, but the guy would have to make major, major changes in his life on and off the field ala a Trent Williams, Fred Davis or Dez Bryant if I were to entertain signing him as a gm.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless, god forbid Fletcher, Riley, Kehl, or another LB goes down, it's a no from me.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: