Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will/should the Jets draft a QB?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Will/should the Jets draft a QB? Reply with quote

That is the million dollar question, will or should the Jets draft a QB? Do they really have a choice? In 2013 year 5 of the Sanchez era, the Jets will be no closer to fielding a contender and in all likelihood stuck with Sanchez another year. That being said the Jets must move forward and stock up on some badly needed talent at almost every position. QB, RB, OL, LB, S, WR. That my friends is an extensive list of needs. Perhaps, perhaps, in 3 years the Jets will be ready to field a contender. Unless something drastic occurs expect " the same old Jets" moniker to be around for a while.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean the first round? No.

The reason being is not because I think they should simply stick with Sanchez, it's because there isn't a franchise QB that I like in this draft. If we fail under Sanchez in 2013 so be it draft a QB, but why cut him and put ourselves in cap hell to draft a QB no more talented then Sanchez?

Not everyone's going to be a believer in Sanchez and I get that. But the most logical course of action should be to play out next year and see what happens. If he improves great he's still under contract for 3 more years; if not, move on.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, get a vet to compete with Sanchez next year.

Once we get someone who has a clue about offense on the coaching staff, then look for the franchise qb.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand you guys...Jets won't draft a QB because I don't think there's a franchise QB in this draft...lol no one here is a part of the Jets FO.

Jets FO isn't that smart. For the Jets, esp. Tanny, good PR and hype almost outweighs win total (which is a shame, because even if wins don't come immediately, wins are the cure to saving a job.) Woody and Tanny (if he's around) will make a splash at QB considering the criticism and rival teams playing oodles better than our team is. Though I'm unsure if QB in the first round is the way they go, I do think at the very least they target a big name like Michael Vick...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo they should try and fix the Oline, WR core, and LB core first then try and find a QB next year after Sanchez gets cut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

completely unbiased vikings fan here. just heard sanchez threw a 3rd pick today - figured there would be a thread about him. sanchez is awful, worse than our own christian ponder. you need to find a new qb asap.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
completely unbiased vikings fan here. just heard sanchez threw a 3rd pick today - figured there would be a thread about him. sanchez is awful, worse than our own christian ponder. you need to find a new qb asap.

More likely terrible 2 ints. 3rd one is deflected off Schillins' face on deep play.

Anyway, Jets should draft a quarterback in 1st round. That would allow a new quarterback break the ice behind Sanchez for one year. After that, it is up to Jets to pick one.
swi7ch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All QBs next year are destined to be NFL backups. Jets should go after Matty Flynn or Alex Smith or somebody else.
swi7ch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
sanchez threw a 3rd pick today - figured there would be a thread about him

There isn't a thread about it because we're used to Sanchez sucking. He could throw 47 INTs today and you will still see him start next week. That's how hopeless this team is! Just stupidity from the owners down to the hotdog sellers.
moham-17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We certainly need one, but considering the supporting cast we have right now, I wouldn't mind us filling other areas of need first and drafting a QB next year.

For instance, I really think establishing a solid running game b/w now and 2014 would really be beneficial for the development of whoever we bring in. Bringing in a rookie QB with a non-existing rushing attack just makes things much harder.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swi7ch wrote:
All QBs next year are destined to be NFL backups. Jets should go after Matty Flynn or Alex Smith or somebody else.

False.. Big Time.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close this thread.

WE GOT GREG MCELROY BABY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Close this thread.

WE GOT GREG MCELROY BABY

WOOOOOOOO!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: