You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

26 Dead in School Shooting
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: 26 Dead in School Shooting Reply with quote

For those of you who havent heard, a gunman killed 18 kids and 8 adults in an elementary school shooting this morning in Connecticut. I cant imagine a bigger tragedy- innocent children murdered in a place where they are supposed to be safe. You dont have to be a parent for this to hit you hard, but it really touches home for me. We shouldnt have to worry about our children's safety in school, of all places. My thoughts go out to all the victims, parents, teachers, and anyone else involved. Rest in peace.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/14/15907407-elementary-school-massacre-26-dead-including-18-kids-in-connecticut?lite
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 dead kids, crazy people in the world and on the internet. SMDH
early43

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine what the difference might have been if one, two, three, faculty members were CCW's...

This is just a outright shame that our children are being murdered at school. As a new parent myself, I can't even imagine the pain and sadness these parents and community are feeling. RIP.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
Imagine what the difference might have been if one, two, three, faculty members were CCW's...

This is just a outright shame that our children are being murdered at school. As a new parent myself, I can't even imagine the pain and sadness these parents and community are feeling. RIP.

Firearms have never been allowed on school campuses, and probably never will be. Its easy to say it could have saved some lives today, but I dont see any laws passing to allow guns on a school campus, even if only for faculty members. Even if the odds are low, it would only take one careless act like letting the weapon out of their sight, or somehow having a kid see it and take it. I wouldnt be against a locked gun safe in an administrative building with a couple guns for emergencies, but I doubt that ever happens.

Regardless, its a crying shame. I have never been so affected by a story in the news, its heartbreaking.
Raidin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:

Yea more people with guns, that's definitely what american needs.
early43

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
early43 wrote:

Your right because all the law abiding citizens are the ones who are committing these act. Ever think that maybe the thought of more people carry legally would deter these cowards from even going troughs with it??

I'm not saying more guns either. How about more responsible people going through the proper channels to be allowed to carry?
Raidin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
early43 wrote:

Your right because all the law abiding citizens are the ones who are committing these act. Ever think that maybe the thought of more people carry legally would deter these cowards from even going troughs with it??

I'm not saying more guns either. How about more responsible people going through the proper channels to be allowed to carry?

lol - I'm pretty sure someone who goes out and murders innocent randomers does so because he is mentally unstable. I doubt if more people had guns the Lanza kid would have thought to himself "hmmm, with more people having guns now I doubt I'd get to kill as many people as I hope. I instead instead I'll just stay in have some milk and cookies and then do my homework."
jimkelly02

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is insane. I live in the town next door. I don't know what to say but Newtown and the neighboring towns are in total shock.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to be insensitive but this isn't something to be discussed here. We're all obviously sickened by the acts of one person who commited this disgusting tragedy but I'm sure its being discussed elsewhere. This will do nothing but bring up opinions on the 2nd amendment, try to point fingers at people in charge, etc.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem here is bad people who want to do bad things regardless of what they use to do it.

Its sad that people get off so easy in the public's mind because they blame it on weapons instead of the brain behind the weapon.

We have had more control by the government as time goes on yet more than half the deaths ever caused by these mass shootings have taken place between 2007-now.

I really hope more community, teachers, and parents start taking a hard look at the values taught to our and their children. We need to start making people accountable instead of allowing blame to be placed on outside influences.

I for one will still tell my children they cant run with scissors and punish them if they do because it can cause serious harm to them or others. I will not ban scissors because it is a possiblity that they might do it anyways.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
early43 wrote:

yeah, you're right

Anyway, this isn't the place for that, right now my prayers go out to the tragedy that took place in CT, the people and families affected and the lives lost.
bitty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a [inappropriate/removed] loser
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
I don't mean to be insensitive but this isn't something to be discussed here. We're all obviously sickened by the acts of one person who commited this disgusting tragedy but I'm sure its being discussed elsewhere. This will do nothing but bring up opinions on the 2nd amendment, try to point fingers at people in charge, etc.

I'm sure it is being discussed elsewhere, but that doesnt mean it cant be discussed here amongst us. I dont think its inappropriate to discuss at all. This wasnt meant to be a thread about gun control, and I hope people stop treating it as such.
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
early43 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
early43 wrote:

lol - I'm pretty sure someone who goes out and murders innocent randomers does so because he is mentally unstable. I doubt if more people had guns the Lanza kid would have thought to himself "hmmm, with more people having guns now I doubt I'd get to kill as many people as I hope. I instead instead I'll just stay in have some milk and cookies and then do my homework."

The average death toll when a shooter opens fire on an non-CCW crowd (and is ultimately stopped by police): 18.25 fatalities
The average death toll when a shooter opens fire on an armed CCW crowd (and is ultimately stopped by armed civilians): 2.2 fatalities.

Do the math.

I don't like talking about non-sports stuff on a football site, but for crying out lout -- Israeli schoolteachers (including kindergarten teachers) are armed with semi-automatic rifles in case Hamas or Hezbollah get hostage ideas. Imagine if 2 or 3 teachers today merely had pistols?

Nutcases will still be walking around tomorrow, with or without guns. The least we can do is give people the right to fight back.

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
BNich0622

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This strikes too close to home. I am a Connecticut resident. Less than an hour away. My thoughts and prayers are with the town of Newtown, the families, faculty/staff, parents and children affected by todays tragedy. I have been at a loss for words all day since finding out about what happened. The community and families need our prayers more now than ever. Meer weeks before Christmas. When is this violence going to end?! #PrayforNewtown

Thanks to RaiderX for the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: