Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders cut LB Rolando McClain; Update - Suspended instead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yogi wrote:
a4ce wrote:

Glazier cont.: "The tipping point was last week.Somebody asked him, 'Do you even care?' He said, 'I've got 4 million reasons not to care.'"

Wow. The McClain meltdown continues. Sounds like what he really wants is go the JaMarcus route and take his dishonorable discharge from the NFL.

Hope he gets cut, blows the 4 mill like the true idiot he is, and realizes how good he had it. By then, it will be much to late and he will be just another name on the long list of busts for us.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
a4ce wrote:
Per @CBSRaiders

On Fox NFL Sunday, Jay Glazier reported that LB Rolando McClain, who was suspended last week for two games, was fined $15,000 two weeks ago.

Glazier: "Players there, they're telling me this has been an ongoing problem with Rolando McClain. ..."

Glazier cont.: "The tipping point was last week.Somebody asked him, 'Do you even care?' He said, 'I've got 4 million reasons not to care.'"

And I've got four million different reasons to want to kick his a$$.

Tag team?

#FreeAgent
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McClain must have gotten proper shafted by his agent.
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
McClain must have gotten proper shafted by his agent.

McClain the victim again, eh? He's a clown bro, just admit the error in your judgment this time and get yourself happy on the right side of hating this guy.

Everyone's scouting of him has been spot on. Plays like he doesn't care. Now we know he doesn't.

Why oh why do the Raiders end up with all of these guys like this, who don't even want to play? No wonder we can't win a game..

And Kelly, talking to McClain about protecting his future earnings. Some leader with the C on his chest. Most leaders fight for their team, not their teammates salaries.
Pozzi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a4ce wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a sorry excuse for an NFL player, especially at MLB. No pride.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
a4ce wrote:
Per @CBSRaiders

On Fox NFL Sunday, Jay Glazier reported that LB Rolando McClain, who was suspended last week for two games, was fined $15,000 two weeks ago.

Glazier: "Players there, they're telling me this has been an ongoing problem with Rolando McClain. ..."

Tag team?

No disqualification, tag team.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
a4ce wrote:
Per @CBSRaiders

Tag team?

.....with BP as the ref

http://footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=455940&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
a4ce wrote:
Per @CBSRaiders

Tag team?

I call Jeff Hardy

#FreeAgent
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
a4ce wrote:
Per @CBSRaiders

Tag team?

.....with BP as the ref

We would never have to worry about McClain jogging anywhere again after that.

Hell the only way he lives is if Raidin runs out of the dressing room for interference.

S&B88, Jeff Hardy was so awesome, but I can't stand Matt Hardy so ill have to think of some other guys that he teamed up with.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Hmmf. Well that sucks. Because I hate Kelly as a player. 0 sacks, crap run D, same high penalties, crap leader, and making 10 mil playing out of position. Please let good sense win out.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that at the NT slot taking on 2 blockers often, the guy has disappeared as a pass rusher? Turns out playing next to Burgess, Sapp, Seymour, Wimbley, have made Kelly look alot better than he is.

Sure have, although I think that has a lot to do with the fact that the scheme for the DL is totally different from AL Davis' 4 man rush scheme whereby all 4 front guys first instict was to penetrate (run defence being secondary), which suited Kelly and inflated his stats. I believe we have tasked the DTs with occupying blockers and holding their ground more than charging blindly up the middle looking for the QB (though how successful this has been is debatable obviously).

IMHO the 4 guys we have on the DL were specifically picked by Davis to penetrate and are all bull rushers in effect, as a consequence Kelly and Seymour were always going to have less eye catching stats, trouble is they have struggled holding ground and blocking the middle for the most part aswell meaning we have taken away their natural pass rush and they are not skilled at run defence either. Basically, we've gained a little in run defence and sacrificed more in pass rushing.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so will McClain ever play for us again, when his suspension ends what happens? If we can't afford to cut him, do we just leave him inactive, or do we give him one last chance...... Rolling Eyes
NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potentially good news for our cap situation:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21333532

Quote:
McClain is due another $3.6 million in guaranteed money between 2013 and 2014, the remaining years on his deal. But per the language in his contract, the suspension means the Raiders can void the remainder of guaranteed money still owed to him and release him without penalty. Should McClain appeal, the NFLPA would have to make the case that his actions did not amount to "conduct detrimental to the team" in order to recoup that money.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:

Quote:
McClain is due another $3.6 million in guaranteed money between 2013 and 2014, the remaining years on his deal. But per the language in his contract, the suspension means the Raiders can void the remainder of guaranteed money still owed to him and release him without penalty. Should McClain appeal, the NFLPA would have to make the case that his actions did not amount to "conduct detrimental to the team" in order to recoup that money.

Good luck to the NFLPA on that one. Hope we can follow through on this because Ro dug his own grave literally every step of this way.

#FreeAgent
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:

Quote:

Wow. Excellent information. Thanks.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 27 of 31

Jump to: