Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders cut LB Rolando McClain; Update - Suspended instead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roninho wrote:
holyghost wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
It could also be about the money. His salary for the season is guaranteed since he was on the opening day roster. He's now suspended without pay.

I really doubt it. A team pays out like 8-10 mil a week in player payroll. McClain will lose like 200k or less or something like that for this. It's peanuts. Something Al might do just to crap on the player, but I don't think it is the reasoning behind this..

Well it doesn't mean much for the team, but it is 1/8th of his salary that he will be missing. That hurts him more then benching him.

I much rather just have him cut though, write of as many big contracts for losers this and next year, start with millions in cap space in a year or two, and untill that moment work with guys on cheap contracts who at least want to play ball.

McClain acts like he is Ray Lewis, gets paid like he is Ray Lewis but plays like Travis Lewis.

Please......he play like Huey Lewis. And I don't mean smooth on my eardrums.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Roninho wrote:
holyghost wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
It could also be about the money. His salary for the season is guaranteed since he was on the opening day roster. He's now suspended without pay.

I really doubt it. A team pays out like 8-10 mil a week in player payroll. McClain will lose like 200k or less or something like that for this. It's peanuts. Something Al might do just to crap on the player, but I don't think it is the reasoning behind this..

Well it doesn't mean much for the team, but it is 1/8th of his salary that he will be missing. That hurts him more then benching him.

I much rather just have him cut though, write of as many big contracts for losers this and next year, start with millions in cap space in a year or two, and untill that moment work with guys on cheap contracts who at least want to play ball.

McClain acts like he is Ray Lewis, gets paid like he is Ray Lewis but plays like Travis Lewis.

Please......he play like Huey Lewis. And I don't mean smooth on my eardrums.

If we are looking for a Lewis to replace McClain, I think we would be better off with Emmanuel.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for the 3-4 argument. The staff is said to want to run a hybrid 4-3 / 3-4 scheme. But they need the players for it.

So why not let Slowlando be a part of that process?

IMO, it's because scheme doesn't matter. He doesn't have the speed, reaction and instincts to be a good LB in the NFL. If he did, a team desperate for players wouldn't cast him off.

This was a tryout for him w/ Reggie. He failed and wasn't part of any future be it 3-4 / 4-3, hybrid, etc.

Personally, I don't think he will do any better in a 3-4. Just a cliche comment because he played in it at Alabama. Good players, make plays. Slowlando is not capable of shedding blocks against the NFL's lineman. His slow moving, slow reaction time make him even more worthless.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Question for the 3-4 argument. The staff is said to want to run a hybrid 4-3 / 3-4 scheme. But they need the players for it.

So why not let Slowlando be a part of that process?

IMO, it's because scheme doesn't matter. He doesn't have the speed, reaction and instincts to be a good LB in the NFL. If he did, a team desperate for players wouldn't cast him off.

This was a tryout for him w/ Reggie. He failed and wasn't part of any future be it 3-4 / 4-3, hybrid, etc.

Personally, I don't think he will do any better in a 3-4. Just a cliche comment because he played in it at Alabama. Good players, make plays. Slowlando is not capable of shedding blocks against the NFL's lineman. His slow moving, slow reaction time make him even more worthless.

Thats a fair argument. Have we given any 3-4 looks this year? I've watched almost every game and havent noticed any, but I could be wrong. If we have not, then I dont think this situation has much to do with his potential in a scheme we havent even implemented yet, and its more based on a collection of off-the-field issues, attitude problems, lack of hustle, and failure to live up to his contract.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really understand why we wouldn't just cut him, but I'm assuming it has something to do with the financials. He needs to go though, he clearly doesn't want to be here, he doesn't make up for that with on field ability, and I don't see either changing. Time to take out the trash and bring in some guys hat can play, but most importantly want to be apart of turning the Oakland Raiders around.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would cut him where the Chiefs would pick him up, and then he would be stuck playing against us.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
I would cut him where the Chiefs would pick him up, and then he would be stuck playing against us.

I'm scared all the jogging and no effort is him just trying to get out of oakland, when we drafted him he looked really pissed off.. I would hate it if he went to another team and succeeded.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

I'm scared all the jogging and no effort is him just trying to get out of oakland, when we drafted him he looked really pissed off.. I would hate it if he went to another team and succeeded.

That would be sickening.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Pretty disappointed he is just suspended. I know his contract is pretty big, but I wonder what the odds are that a team would give up a 7th for him in the offseason. Maybe a coach who is good with troubled players and guys with attitude issues. If New England still ran a 3-4 D I would be certain thats where he would end up.
I think old school 3-4 teams could use him, a bunch of teams could use a slow, thumper MLB , the Colts,Steelers, Ravens off the top of my head, i hope we can get something for him.

You think he's a thumper? On Sproles and Amendola maybe..

I'll give him props for beating up Witten though.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Pretty disappointed he is just suspended. I know his contract is pretty big, but I wonder what the odds are that a team would give up a 7th for him in the offseason. Maybe a coach who is good with troubled players and guys with attitude issues. If New England still ran a 3-4 D I would be certain thats where he would end up.
I think old school 3-4 teams could use him, a bunch of teams could use a slow, thumper MLB , the Colts,Steelers, Ravens off the top of my head, i hope we can get something for him.

You think he's a thumper? On Sproles and Amendola maybe..

I'll give him props for beating up Witten though.

Yep, not only can he hit the heck out of guys 80 pounds lighter than him, but he was also good for a preseason kidney shot on a defenseless TE not looking for the hit. Didn't even wrap Witten up..
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Just for clarification, b/c I've read conflicting reports, is he *officially* off the team??

He is still ON the team, but not WITH the team, as it stands. He will be OFF of it very soon.

I find it funny that we are trying to suspend him for the rest of the season (meaning no game checks) & then cutting him after the season. That is the worst possible scenario for Rolando & a major slap in the face. His comments fueled the flame, and he's getting burned for it.

Or maybe they get a low round draft choice in trade.

I highly doubt anyone would trade for him when they know he is going to be released anyway.

He really has no value at this point.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Just for clarification, b/c I've read conflicting reports, is he *officially* off the team??

He is still ON the team, but not WITH the team, as it stands. He will be OFF of it very soon.

I find it funny that we are trying to suspend him for the rest of the season (meaning no game checks) & then cutting him after the season. That is the worst possible scenario for Rolando & a major slap in the face. His comments fueled the flame, and he's getting burned for it.

Or maybe they get a low round draft choice in trade.

I highly doubt anyone would trade for him when they know he is going to be released anyway.

He really has no value at this point.

Which is his fault for going on his online rant. We may have been able to get something if he didn't tell the whole world he was leaving. The league should allow us to suspend him without pay for the rest of the season and then release him for that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

@victafur

Tommy Kelly talked to McClain, told him “don’t put yourself in a position to be made scapegoat for team’s bad season;” hopes he comes back

God help me I can't stand Tommy Kelly. I pray he is next. I hate this guy, he must be my least favorite player in all of football. He is such a me-first player it's unbelievable.

It's almost as if you have 53 guys in a locker room, and somehow every single one of them has a way of rationalizing that it's not their fault that the team is 3-8.
But someone was on the field when your opponents played better than you?!? Someone has to be at fault?! Whose damn fault is it then, if it never falls on the players playing on the field, crapping up their roles one by one. How exactly is the failed season not at all the fault of a guy like Kelly and McClain? When these two guys are the worst - WORST - at being the culprit when it comes to standing up, standing still, not filling a hole or gap, and doing absolutely nothing to make a play..? Does Kelly really think we don't see him every week with a single blocker on him, not even moving his feet while the ball carrier runs right by? Every damn week?!!!

Evil or Very Mad I hate this guy.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Quote:

@victafur

Tommy Kelly talked to McClain, told him “don’t put yourself in a position to be made scapegoat for team’s bad season;” hopes he comes back

God help me I can't stand Tommy Kelly. I pray he is next. I hate this guy, he must be my least favorite player in all of football. He is such a me-first player it's unbelievable.

Amen. Arguably the worst contract ever for the franchise.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Quote:

@victafur

Amen. Arguably the worst contract ever for the franchise.

No, I can think of one much, much, much worse contract. But it is close.

bungleodeon wrote:
Sorry, it's Tuesday and that means I drink.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 17 of 31

Jump to: