Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders cut LB Rolando McClain; Update - Suspended instead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Pretty disappointed he is just suspended. I know his contract is pretty big, but I wonder what the odds are that a team would give up a 7th for him in the offseason. Maybe a coach who is good with troubled players and guys with attitude issues. If New England still ran a 3-4 D I would be certain thats where he would end up.
I think old school 3-4 teams could use him, a bunch of teams could use a slow, thumper MLB , the Colts,Steelers, Ravens off the top of my head, i hope we can get something for him.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
We dont know the details but I wonder if J. Harris has something to do with it. Maybe past beef or something.
Who is that?
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
We dont know the details but I wonder if J. Harris has something to do with it. Maybe past beef or something.
Who is that?

The Alabama LB we signed to the PS the same day this all took place.
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Pretty disappointed he is just suspended. I know his contract is pretty big, but I wonder what the odds are that a team would give up a 7th for him in the offseason. Maybe a coach who is good with troubled players and guys with attitude issues. If New England still ran a 3-4 D I would be certain thats where he would end up.
I think old school 3-4 teams could use him, a bunch of teams could use a slow, thumper MLB , the Colts,Steelers, Ravens off the top of my head, i hope we can get something for him.

You think he's a thumper? On Sproles and Amendola maybe..
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More drama. Why don't we just cut him?
early43

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:

Because cutting him is exactly what he wants apparently and that would send the wrong message to the players. If your going to quit on this team and act a fool, then Allen/McK are going to punish you, not give you what you want. Think about this: by not cutting him, I assume he's going to have to come around the team eventually. What do you think the feelings he will get from the team he quit on? Remember, he basically called the whole team garbage with his "real team" tweet. I think it's a good move by the FO that sends a good message.

Seriously, what are the odd that we would end up draftin two of the most laziest SEC players in the same decade?
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:

It ain't drama. Either we're trying to send a message to the rest of the team or to him or he has some possible trade value.

A. Being a clown won't get you off the team at your own discretion, B. He's young and stupid, C. Staff thinks they can get a late pick for him, D. Whatever he actually did wasn't that bad in the heat of the moment, suspension implies discipline while release implies intolerance..

I honestly have no idea why exactly they suspended and didn't cut him. But it ain't the incompetence and drama of a lack of a chain of command under Al. This is a cumulative united decision made between Allen, McKenzie, and Mark Davis, or so they mentioned. It's only drama now because of McClain and the media, and fans claiming it is.
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Because cutting him is exactly what he wants apparently and that would send the wrong message to the players. If your going to quit on this team and act a fool, then Allen/McK are going to punish you, not give you what you want. Think about this: by not cutting him, I assume he's going to have to come around the team eventually. What do you think the feelings he will get from the team he quit on? Remember, he basically called the whole team garbage with his "real team" tweet. I think it's a good move by the FO that sends a good message.

Seriously, what are the odd that we would end up draftin two of the most laziest SEC players in the same decade?

Didn't even think of this. Maybe he will have to be a man for once and face his teammates.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could also be about the money. His salary for the season is guaranteed since he was on the opening day roster. He's now suspended without pay.
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
It could also be about the money. His salary for the season is guaranteed since he was on the opening day roster. He's now suspended without pay.

This is how I see it to.
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

I really doubt it. A team pays out like 8-10 mil a week in player payroll. McClain will lose like 200k or less or something like that for this. It's peanuts. Something Al might do just to crap on the player, but I don't think it is the reasoning behind this..
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

I really doubt it. A team pays out like 8-10 mil a week in player payroll. McClain will lose like 200k or less or something like that for this. It's peanuts. Something Al might do just to crap on the player, but I don't think it is the reasoning behind this..

I wish we knew what happened but the only clear benefit they're getting over waiving him or just benching him is saving money over the next 2 weeks. Maybe there's more to it though.
Raidin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

I think you are taking far more into his facebook comment then the players will. Obviously they won't be happy he said it, but I'd say a large majority of players think he was right( also a hypocrite no doubt as well though).
Roninho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Well it doesn't mean much for the team, but it is 1/8th of his salary that he will be missing. That hurts him more then benching him.

I much rather just have him cut though, write of as many big contracts for losers this and next year, start with millions in cap space in a year or two, and untill that moment work with guys on cheap contracts who at least want to play ball.

McClain acts like he is Ray Lewis, gets paid like he is Ray Lewis but plays like Travis Lewis.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Yea, I think he would be effective in the 3-4. Not a star by any means, but more effective than he is in the 4-3. However, unless one of those teams are desperate, they would probably just wait it out and see if we cut him, rather than offer a pick.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 16 of 31

Jump to: