You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders cut LB Rolando McClain; Update - Suspended instead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

If anything, McClain could increase his trade value these last few weeks if he plays well.

As a back up and STer? Doubtful. For once i agree with Raidin on a McClain related issue, he should be gone already. Discipline has been the main talk for the last year, it was the perfect opportunity to show everybody how much it matters. Now, players know there are more important factors than just discipline.

How? He just lost money and he got demoted. If we cut him he gets the Routt treatment and gets paid by two teams. That would send the message that says "be an idiot and get cut to a better team for more money."

And what's the current message? Be an idiot and you'll keep collecting a paycheck while sitting on our bench?
The message should be short and simple, idiot = gone.

Last edited by oakdb36 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

If anything, McClain could increase his trade value these last few weeks if he plays well.

As a back up and STer? Doubtful. For once i agree with Raidin on a McClain related issue, he should be gone already. Discipline has been the main talk for the last year, it was the perfect opportunity to show everybody how much it matters. Now, players know there are more important factors than just discipline.

Damn. I didn't know he would only be on ST now. I feel like he's too slow to be on special teams lol.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

just thought about it lol rolo will be neck n neck with seabass running downfield

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

How? He just lost money and he got demoted. If we cut him he gets the Routt treatment and gets paid by two teams. That would send the message that says "be an idiot and get cut to a better team for more money."

And what's the current message? Be an idiot and you'll keep collecting a paycheck while sitting on our bench?

Ok,good points but lets not act like we know the specifics about the situation, who knows what role Allen played in this. I'm sure when he got demoted from the nickel package it wasn't because the other LB's were better, because they all have sucked. Perhaps all along this has been about motivation, and Allen's strategy has been to motivate him by reducing his role and seeing how he responds, trying to ignite a fire in a player in a intelligent manner.

You can't just cut players because you get in a argument or disagreement with them, the players make more than the coaches, the whole point of having a coach is to motivate players and put them in position to perform, not to cut because the got in a argument.

They must think Rolando has value as a player and they are trying to get him to play to his potential, because like you said if they wanted to cut him they would done it this week when the cap situation was apparently the most favorable.

Because holding him to trade for a 5th round pick seems a little far fetched at this point, because they can make other trades on draft day for a extra 5th round pick.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

Paying him pennies for the next 3 games. If he's cut having just bashed his team they are the hook for millions when he clears waivers.

I love how fans ignore the business side of the game. And how much smarter they are than the FO.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what we get puting a 3-4 backer in a 4-3 scheme

The only reason McClain has failed is because of bad management!
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver Surfer used to be one of my favorite comic book characters until recently.
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Napoleon wrote:

and what made you come to this conclusion?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Napoleon wrote:

Raidin has a french little brother?
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Napoleon wrote:

Yes, bad management. I hate when management make you slow and sluggish.

A good LB (football player) will thrive in any situation. You think Ray Lewis couldn't play in a 4-3? If you can run, tackle and play smart you can play in any scheme.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put players in a situation that isn't suited to them you'll see a drop in production, Ray Lewis isn't any different. He wouldn't have much near as good as he was if he played 4-3 for his career. Same with a guy like Teo, a 4-3 would be foolish to take him.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
If you put players in a situation that isn't suited to them you'll see a drop in production, Ray Lewis isn't any different. He wouldn't have much near as good as he was if he played 4-3 for his career. Same with a guy like Teo, a 4-3 would be foolish to take him.

If you have a player who is suited for the NFL, no matter what situation he is in he's going to lumber around missing tackles and being out of position.

A drop in production is different from not being able to produce. Slowlando is the latter.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:

If you have a player who is suited for the NFL, no matter what situation he is in he's going to lumber around missing tackles and being out of position.

A drop in production is different from not being able to produce. Slowlando is the latter.

This is one of those instances were I agree with both sides. Yes he could probably to better in his native scheme. However some of his issues are on him and not the scheme. In either scheme he will need to get those fixed. But you do want to give you players the best chance to suceed.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

I love how fans ignore the business side of the game. And how much smarter they are than the FO.

Yeah, that's what i usually do...
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Yeah, that's what i usually do...

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Not every single player is versatile. That's an unfair expectation to have. That's why prospects who provide versatility are so sought after. Some players are products of the system/scheme. You take them out of their scheme, they suffer.

I agree though, in Rolando's case, he has been terrible in simple fundamentals like tackling. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised to see him play better with a big NT clogging up the middle in a 3-4 like he had in Alabama. Our DL has never done a good job containing, as big as they are.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

Jump to: